Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:25 AM

If There Is No Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If There Is No Religion (356 Views)

I Believe In God, I Believe In No Religion, What Am I ? / No Religion Is Totally False. / God Has No Religion. True Or False? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If There Is No Religion by Nigeriayouths20: 6:07pm On Nov 22, 2015
Religion is the main reason for our differences in the world today. Believe it or not. Imagine man believing one religion is better than the other. Are we God? Will God give me to a Muslim parent and then condemn me for that? I don't think so. I just think we are being brainwashed by our religious leaders for reasons they can't explain to us. Law made by man is saver for the community- so why will the law of God be discriminating? I think we got it wrong somewhere- maybe we are blinded by doctrine or by greed. -guess it is more of greed. Government do collect tax from us and use it to provide social amenities while our churches will collect tithe from us and fail to provide drinkable water in front of the church.(particularly in Africa).
If by the law of any religion we can't account for the love we share for each other, maybe we should stick to the law that we make us account to the government. Jesus said it somewhere in the bible "that the first law is to LOVE YOUR GOD and the second is like unto it LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOUR SELF" If our religion is teaching us to LOVE OUR NEIGHBORS, they will teach us to drop our tithes for that poor woman next to our home rather bringing it to church every month end. Meaning that they want us to love the church more than we love our neighbors. Jesus showed the example when He fed 5000 people with the little food left for Him and his disciples. If it is our church today, they will collect the little left from them and pray that God will surprise them on their way home. How greedy that is but to them, it is the only way to Eternal.
If there is no religion, we will be living by the law of man. Today, we fear the law of man more than we fear the law of God. so if the law of man can make us love our neighbors by force, why not LOVE GOD and obey the law of man.
If there is no religion, there won't be religious crisis. Today, there won't be Isis here, boko haram there.
If there is no religion, there will be a limit to individual selfishness. People will know that success come through hard work rather seeking prayers and consulting gods for a boost. What is the different between Mr A that approached his Pastor/Imam for prayer over securing a contract from the government and Mr B that consulted an herbalist? The truth is that they are both selfish. If they are not selfish, we will believe in the WILL OF GOD.
If there is no religion, we will be more factual. Many today can accuse their religious Leaders for wrong doing- believing they are God mouth piece. Even Jesus in the bible was challenged by His disciples when a woman washed his feet with olive oil. So why can't you challenge your religious leader for diverting tithe to worldly things?
If there is no religion, man will share love across tribes, race and continent without any form of fear.
If there is no religion,...........

Although we have right to religion but the cost of religion is distancing our love for each other.

PEACE Y'ALL

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Don't Spend Your Life Standing At The Complaint Counter / 1 Corinthians 13 Christmas Version / Remembering Christmas By Reuben Abati.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.