Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Project Managers' Forum - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Project Managers' Forum (20294 Views)

Discussion Board For Construction Project Managers / For Engineers, Project Managers, Accountants, Designers and Programmers / Primavera(P6) Training For Project Managers And Planners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Project Managers' Forum by Bwave: 1:59pm On Jun 25, 2012
I am a civil engineer with about 8 years experience in engineering(consultancy) and construction , i just got the PMP certification and would appreciate anyone on the forumn that would help me get a PM job or a part time job as a PM training facilitator.I am based in Port Harcourt.
Re: Project Managers' Forum by xta: 12:12pm On Aug 14, 2012
Shebs: If you need a material to read for the exam, I could help with materials to read PMP 5th Edition (revised version of PMBOK 4th edition) for a token. call 07063968047 for the material.
There is no 5th edition yet!we should not deceive fellow nairalanders
Re: Project Managers' Forum by ulohomuno: 9:42am On Aug 16, 2012
Dear All,
Let my share some of my case studies with like mind and I hope we can share ideas that will help us. quiet a long case study but it is an interesting write up on stakeholder management and requirement management- read more on

http://www.villagepm.com/2012/08/the-kius-drum-handle-shake-beyond-elbow.html
Re: Project Managers' Forum by adeadebayor: 8:12pm On Aug 17, 2012
Hay guys struggle no more for Latest dumps for any IT and project management exams. rasadebayor@gmail.com
Re: Project Managers' Forum by xta: 4:24pm On Aug 19, 2012
adeadebayor: Hay guys struggle no more for Latest dumps for any IT and project management exams. rasadebayor@gmail.com
PMP doesnt have dumps plus it is illegal to share past questions.There are plenty FREE simulations online

2 Likes

Re: Project Managers' Forum by ishigawa(m): 6:08pm On Oct 03, 2012
For Project managers in the house, and prospective professionals are invited to the PMI Lagos chapter meeting on the 11th of October , 2012.

You can follow @pmilagos1 on twitter to get up to the minute updates, resources, videos, blog links and relevant information on Project Management practice, advancement, training, meetings, etc.in Nigeria and worldwide.
Re: Project Managers' Forum by ishigawa(m): 6:10pm On Oct 03, 2012
Project managers in the house, and prospective professionals are invited to the PMI Lagos chapter meeting on the 11th of October , 2012.

You can follow @pmilagos1 on twitter to get up to the minute updates, resources, videos, blog links and relevant information on Project Management practice, advancement, training, meetings, etc.in Nigeria and worldwide.

Re: Project Managers' Forum by adamchrist2013: 11:13am On Mar 30, 2013
Hello

First of all thanks for the Project Manager's Forum.
As a project manager, I would like to say having project management tool with enough features to work and communicate within your team is one of the important part.
Real Time Collaboration and on time notifications helps small teams to get the project done in Pragmatic way.
Re: Project Managers' Forum by Iyanuj1: 5:24am On Jun 06, 2013
Good day. Pls I also need an ebook on pmp. My email address is iyanujoseph@rocketmail.com.Hopin tn hear from u soonest.
Re: Project Managers' Forum by MostIncredibleDFirst: 8:07am On Aug 11, 2013
Please how would the PMP or Prince2 certification be needful or relevant to a practising lawyer career-wise?
Re: Project Managers' Forum by Temi231(f): 5:10pm On Oct 25, 2013
Hello all, Please www.harrybakerprofessionals.com site is not going. Kindly assist with their real url.

Thank you
Re: Project Managers' Forum by bolajng(m): 6:15pm On Dec 31, 2013
Project management is a science and an art and it follows systematic process. The science of project management can be learned from text materials, from instructors and so forth, however the art depends more on the project manager's interpersonal skills. This can also be developed with time as a project manager get more experienced over the years.

Young project managers are often faced with the 'how to' handle project management activities or determine which sequence to follow as project progresses. Another challenge faced is the ability to ask the right questions and uncover key information from stakeholders which are necessary for project management planning. Most texts and instructors teach the science of project management, which provides the 'what to do', however the art of project management, which refers to the 'how to do' remain a gap for PMs.

http://pmcookbook..com/
Re: Project Managers' Forum by rileyking286: 8:23am On Nov 18, 2014
Project management templates make things easier, providing ready-to-use layouts that give you a head start to produce key project documents. We have assembled this template collection for just that purpose, along with additional templates and forms for IT management policies and disaster recovery planning. Please visit: project management
Re: Project Managers' Forum by cehnigeria: 8:45am On Sep 16, 2015
THE THREE TYPES OF INTERFACES IN A PROJECT

#1: ORGANISATIONAL
In this type of reporting relationship, we are looking at the reporting relationship that exists between one organizational unit or department and others. It can also be a reporting relationship between the Project Manager and Project team members or upper management team. The Project Manager (P.M) might need the support of functional managers or he may be carrying out a project that has direct impact on a particular department and he needs to interface with them in order to carry them along whenever this is happening, we call this “organizational interface”.

#2: TECHNICAL INTERFACE
This is a reporting relationship that happens among people of various disciplines on a project. This you should know can happen during a phase or when a project is moving from one phase to another. Let’s take for example the I.T Manager is talking to the Business Development Manager about some of the features of the new software to be released, this can be referred to as Technical interface in a project.

#3: INTERPERSONAL INTERFACE
There are formal or informal one-on-one relationships or reporting happenings in a project. It does not have to be in a group format. It happens when individuals in a project are reporting to one another or brainstorming on how they can move the project forward. It can also be within team members in a particular group or someone outside a particular group.

Please visit: www.cehnigeria.com
Re: Project Managers' Forum by CISMINFO: 5:27pm On Nov 20, 2015
What Project Management Qualification Should I Take?

Chartered Project Management Professional (CPMP). This qualification is for anyone with at least six months project management experience. It is particularly suited to people working as a project team member, as part of a project management office, or has just accepted project management as part of their role.

CPMP can be achieved by following 7 weekends course, with candidates required to sit a three-hour written exam. A person taking the qualification may or may not have some prior knowledge and experience of project management.

CPMP covers a broad range of topics including project stakeholder management, project management plan, project risk management, change control, estimating, business case, procurement, communication, negotiation and more.

This is a good place to start because the entry criteria are easier than other qualifications, and the broad range of topics covered give a good grounding for success in project management.

You can apply for CIPM Executive Graduate Conversion Programme, by downloading the Membership Application form via the website: www.cipmglobal.org

Executive Graduate Conversion Programme For Whom?
The Graduate Conversion Programme, is a Fast Track Direct membership programme for holders of Advanced Diploma, HND, PGD, Bachelor’s Degrees, Masters Degrees with minimum of 2 years working experience in Project Management, Operations Mgt, Production, Procurement and Supply Chain Management. Or any other professional bodies certificate approved by the
governing council for time to time.

Lectures Days & Time:
The programme is on weekend (Sat. 10am – 5pm) only.

Methods of Application:
You can down load Membership Application Form via the institute website www.cipmglobal.org then payment could be made in Cash at the office of the institute or in bank draft only in favour of the institute completed application form should be send to the institute.

Courses Outline:
1. Introduction of Project Management
2. Project life Cycle and Organization
3. Project Management Processes
4. Project Integration Management
5. Project Scope Management
6. Project Time & Cost Management
7. Project Quality & Risk Management
8. Project Human Resources Management
9. Project Communication Management
10. Project Procurement Management
11. Case Study

Certification:
At the end of the programme, the institute will issued all successful Graduates an Associate Membership Certificate of the institute:

- Associate Chartered Institute of Project Management (ACIPM)

Designation:
- Chartered Project Management Professional (CPMP)

Installmental Payment:
The course fee can be paid on installments.

………….. Enhance your career; it pays to be a Chartered Project Management Professional, (CPMP).

All enquires on CPMP certification and membership should be addressed to cipmnigeria@cipmglobal.org

Written and Complied by:

Samuel, O. Masebinu,
B.Sc, MBA, M.Phil, (Panama), ACIPurS, ACIWM, ACMA, AMIMS (UK), AIPFM (UK), ACPA, CPM (USA), CPMP, MCISM (Ghana), MCILT, FBMA (London), FCIMS (Doctoral Fellow) USA.
Country Manager,
Chartered Institute of Project Management,
N0. 57, Isheri Road Aguda Ogba,
by County bus stop Ikeja Lagos.
Email: cipmnigeria@cipmglobal.org
www.cipmglobal.org

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Project Managers' Forum by hlord: 2:34pm On May 15, 2016
And this is a very informative thread. I wonder what could have killed the project
Re: Project Managers' Forum by CEdge: 12:04pm On Jul 25, 2016
Have you attended the PMP training but haven't written the exam?
Did you write the PMP exam and fail?
Do you want to write and PASS the exam before November, 2016?
Then this seminar is for you!
Attend this 2-day seminar and it is guaranteed that you will pass the PMP exam!
To register online, click http://www.certificationedge.com/pmp-at-first-try-registration/
Or call 08170001567 for more information.

Re: Project Managers' Forum by nmadu1: 5:13pm On Sep 15, 2016
please if I study project management in my first degree,what other options do I have for my masters?,must I study project management again?
Re: Project Managers' Forum by Tundeobama(m): 3:37pm On Mar 22, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
I will take you people seriously when Abuja has created legal billionaire like dangote otedola, Adenuga and A list Celebrity Abuja is a home of looters no company there that has 1000 staff.why do you think 2 million plus are living in Lagos the best state in West Africa.
Re: Project Managers' Forum by Mykel51(m): 1:13pm On Dec 31, 2019
sirabbey:

check out this link http://www.examcentral.net/pmp/pmp-exam-questions It is an awesome preparatory tools. i used it and aced the PMP exam at my first sitting last year.
you can also drop your email and i will send you a soft copy of PMBOK 4th Edition.

Hello sir, I would love a copy of the book at alabiolufemi10@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: Project Managers' Forum by oluyinkavic(m): 8:57am On Jan 03, 2020
Hello

I will be writing my PMP examination next month. Please I need tips on how to pass the exams in first sitting.

Please help a brother.
Re: Project Managers' Forum by akins56(m): 10:59am On Jan 03, 2020
oluyinkavic:
Hello

I will be writing my PMP examination next month. Please I need tips on how to pass the exams in first sitting.

Please help a brother.
hello sir

can you put me through the registration processes please
Re: Project Managers' Forum by oluyinkavic(m): 11:11am On Jan 03, 2020
akins56:

hello sir

can you put me through the registration processes please

If you already have 3years experience in project management or similar role.

Go to pmi.org

click on certification.... follow the process the fill your logbook on the website.

Pay for membership fee (optional)

pay for the exams

Schedule your exams.
Re: Project Managers' Forum by oluyinkavic(m): 1:35pm On Jan 06, 2020
Hello,

Please I need response on this.

Thanks.

oluyinkavic:
Hello

Please help a brother.
Re: Project Managers' Forum by Favouradekemi: 12:58pm On Mar 07, 2020
CISMINFO:

What Project Management Qualification Should I Take?

Chartered Project Management Professional (CPMP). This qualification is for anyone with at least six months project management experience. It is particularly suited to people working as a project team member, as part of a project management office, or has just accepted project management as part of their role.

CPMP can be achieved by following 7 weekends course, with candidates required to sit a three-hour written exam. A person taking the qualification may or may not have some prior knowledge and experience of project management.

CPMP covers a broad range of topics including project stakeholder management, project management plan, project risk management, change control, estimating, business case, procurement, communication, negotiation and more.

This is a good place to start because the entry criteria are easier than other qualifications, and the broad range of topics covered give a good grounding for success in project management.

You can apply for CIPM Executive Graduate Conversion Programme, by downloading the Membership Application form via the website: www.cipmglobal.org

Executive Graduate Conversion Programme For Whom?
The Graduate Conversion Programme, is a Fast Track Direct membership programme for holders of Advanced Diploma, HND, PGD, Bachelor’s Degrees, Masters Degrees with minimum of 2 years working experience in Project Management, Operations Mgt, Production, Procurement and Supply Chain Management. Or any other professional bodies certificate approved by the
governing council for time to time.

Lectures Days & Time:
The programme is on weekend (Sat. 10am – 5pm) only.

Methods of Application:
You can down load Membership Application Form via the institute website www.cipmglobal.org then payment could be made in Cash at the office of the institute or in bank draft only in favour of the institute completed application form should be send to the institute.

Courses Outline:
1. Introduction of Project Management
2. Project life Cycle and Organization
3. Project Management Processes
4. Project Integration Management
5. Project Scope Management
6. Project Time & Cost Management
7. Project Quality & Risk Management
8. Project Human Resources Management
9. Project Communication Management
10. Project Procurement Management
11. Case Study

Certification:
At the end of the programme, the institute will issued all successful Graduates an Associate Membership Certificate of the institute:

- Associate Chartered Institute of Project Management (ACIPM)

Designation:
- Chartered Project Management Professional (CPMP)

Installmental Payment:
The course fee can be paid on installments.

………….. Enhance your career; it pays to be a Chartered Project Management Professional, (CPMP).

All enquires on CPMP certification and membership should be addressed to cipmnigeria@cipmglobal.org

Written and Complied by:

Samuel, O. Masebinu,
B.Sc, MBA, M.Phil, (Panama), ACIPurS, ACIWM, ACMA, AMIMS (UK), AIPFM (UK), ACPA, CPM (USA), CPMP, MCISM (Ghana), MCILT, FBMA (London), FCIMS (Doctoral Fellow) USA.
Country Manager,
Chartered Institute of Project Management,
N0. 57, Isheri Road Aguda Ogba,
by County bus stop Ikeja Lagos.
Email: cipmnigeria@cipmglobal.org
www.cipmglobal.org
hi please who knows about the chartered institute of project management (CIPM)? I want to take a professional course in project management and I don't know if this course exists in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Project Managers' Forum by Tradeexport: 9:57pm On Oct 07, 2021
learn mini exportation business and export Nigerian food items to Europe, UK, USA, CANADA, DUBIA, INDIA, ETC.. follow the link to join a free online class and get information that is worth over #250.000
Don't wait learn and become a professional mini exportation trade and export Nigerian food items to your friends,families and people all over the world ..Whatsapp 07046255027 to join the free class via the number or follow the link to join ... See you in class

Re: Project Managers' Forum by Mrincredy(m): 11:27am On Aug 11, 2022
ckingsley649@gmail.com thanks
sirabbey:

check out this link http://www.examcentral.net/pmp/pmp-exam-questions It is an awesome preparatory tools. i used it and aced the PMP exam at my first sitting last year.
you can also drop your email and i will send you a soft copy of PMBOK 4th Edition.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

3 Sharp Ways To Achieve Your Career Goals In 2016 / What Do You Really Love to Do? / Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.