Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,694 members, 7,820,426 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Beware of Illegal Taskforce Officers At IKOTUN - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beware of Illegal Taskforce Officers At IKOTUN (671 Views)

25-Year-Old African American Fights 6 Police Officers At The Same Time (Pics) / Taskforce Pulls Down 2,500 Structures, Recovers Riffle, Drugs In Lagos / Soldier Beats VIO Officers At Yaba Rail Line, Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware of Illegal Taskforce Officers At IKOTUN by rebelXYZ: 11:35pm On Nov 23, 2015
Am sorry is lengthy.

My brother just narrated his experience in the hands of some unscrupulous illegal fellows parading themselves as taskforce at Ikotun today.

He was coming back from school and decided to say hi to his gf who has shops at ikotun market. So he drove into the Alimosho council's compound to park and quickly see his girl.

Eventually, his girl was already packing and preparing to leave for home, so he waited for her to pack so he could drop her by the bus stop where she would board bus to Egbeda. In a nutshell, he and his gf got into the car and he drove off. For those familiar with ikotun, he drove through the BRT garrage in order to link the main road.

After dropping his girl, he was about to zoom off, U-tunrn and face Ijegun road when a tall guy stopped him and started saying ; oga, please next time dont park there, am a task force officer and am here to arrest u but open the door and drive back into the council (Alimosho LGA)so we could talk. My brother was confident that as far as it's still in Ikotun, nothing dey happen! So he drove back into the council, the man said he shld just be going straight till they got to a particular place where his gangs were. He said they were many there carrying out all sort of illegal activities far behind Ikotun council precisely. He said they were all looking like they are working for government but everything they are doing there is illegal and I was wondering if the Local Government Chairman is not aware of this or the ikotun police division that shares the same fence with the council is unaware or what?

He said these people have receipt they write for victims, my brother said he met three people who have been arrested by those miscreants and each of them were issued #7500 receipt to be paid in cash. I was like wtf!!!! He said they wanted to give him receipt too but as a stubborn guy, he said for what? He rejected it. Before he knew, one small boy had already deflated his tyres. Nah wa ooo!

He just pick his fone, called someone who works at the council and that one call one Alhaji who he said also works at the council. When they got to him, he called their(the illegal guys) oga, he didn't pick. He then gave my brother a note to go there and give it to them. He warned my brother not to give them a dime. My brother was like who go give them before(inside him)

When he got there, he gave it to them and they all started pushing it to themselves. At this point, they were in trouble because they've arrested the wrong person. My brother was jst looking like... how possible it is that ;these people are operating there and the LGA and state government is not doing anything about it? Because, he said the Alhaji himself knows these guys are illegal but the situation seems to be far beyond his power. Imagine! they are there without anybody questioning them. He insisted they would be the ones to pay vulcaniser for the tyes they deflated. He later freed them sha after he called his gf to explain everything that happened, that one came to meet him there and she just asked him to let trouble go. He said even the vulcaniser is part of the team. The silly mistake my brother made was that he followed him without asking for his ID card.

My question is why is Alimosho council silent about this?
Are they remitting to some ogas there or what?
Or are they not aware of this?

Please if anybody stops you around this area, don't even stop. Clear them if possible! Rubbish!

Lalasticlala is up to you if u want ppl to learn from this. I won't beg for my thread to hit FP. It doesn't add to my bank account. Because you mods feel like some small gods. Only threads that doesn't add any value to humanlife makes fp most times. Nah una get site sha.
Re: Beware of Illegal Taskforce Officers At IKOTUN by littlemistress: 12:05am On Nov 24, 2015
I live in Ijegun & I know Ikotun like my palms. It's home to miscreants, touts, pickpockets & hit/run drivers. As populated as alimosho is, it's unfortunate its not developed. The police can do little or nothing!! Too bad

1 Like

Re: Beware of Illegal Taskforce Officers At IKOTUN by rebelXYZ: 12:14am On Nov 24, 2015
littlemistress:
I live in Ijegun & I know Ikotun like my palms. It's home to miscreants, touts, pickpockets & hit/run drivers. As populated as alimosho is, it's unfortunate its not developed. The police can do little or nothing!! Too bad
I dey tell u, I thought surulere where we came from was the badest. Sometimes in 2011, jst at ikotun, I saw one woman slapping one guy nonstop and the guy stood there like domi without even trying to resist, after a while she let go of him, we then asked what the problem was, she said the guy was trying to pick her bag. Omo! I tripped!
Re: Beware of Illegal Taskforce Officers At IKOTUN by littlemistress: 12:25am On Nov 24, 2015
rebelXYZ:
I dey tell u, I thought surulere where we came from was the badest. Sometimes in 2011, jst at ikotun, I saw one woman slapping one guy nonstop and the guy stood there like domi without even trying to resist, after a while she let go of him, we then asked what the problem was, she said the guy was trying to pick her bag. Omo! I tripped!

its worse now...esp at night. haven't been a victim tho. the policemen are really trying to put ikotun in order but their efforts are not being rewarded. trust me, i know what I'm saying.

1 Like

Re: Beware of Illegal Taskforce Officers At IKOTUN by Eleniyan15: 1:01am On Nov 24, 2015
lol

Ikotun...bad area

my arena lol
Buh me sabi d vice chairman ooooo for Ikotun council

awon

end time

next time he should ask for I.D card but wait ooo your broda funny ooo for Lagos, I would drive a car and suddenly someone will stop and said I should follow him...mehn

typical

#LASTBUSTOP I MEAN
#ENDTIME
Re: Beware of Illegal Taskforce Officers At IKOTUN by Eleniyan15: 1:05am On Nov 24, 2015
littlemistress:

its worse now...esp at night. haven't been a victim tho. the policemen are really trying to put ikotun in order but their efforts are not being rewarded. trust me, i know what I'm saying.

mehn
the d.p.o his trying but those police men they are useless

chasing G guyZ ,maruwa rider also

A typical guy who stays @ Ikotun will tell you that Ikotun police officer are useless
try nonsense with idimu (officers) then you will no d diff
Re: Beware of Illegal Taskforce Officers At IKOTUN by rebelXYZ: 6:10am On Nov 24, 2015
Eleniyan15:
lol

Ikotun...bad area

my arena lol
Buh me sabi d vice chairman ooooo for Ikotun council

awon

end time

next time he should ask for I.D card but wait ooo your broda funny ooo for Lagos, I would drive a car and suddenly someone will stop and said I should follow him...mehn

typical

#LASTBUSTOP I MEAN
#ENDTIME
they av squad just like police.. looked like they're legally conferred... u get?
Re: Beware of Illegal Taskforce Officers At IKOTUN by rebelXYZ: 10:13am On Nov 24, 2015
op sorry

(1) (Reply)

Is Divaz_onlineboutique A Pure Scam? Anyone With Same Experience? (screenshots) / Zaria In Chaos, Soldiers Vs Ashia People / Warning.... Xmas Criminals On Rampage..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.