Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

My Marriage Is Becoming Boring - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Marriage Is Becoming Boring (1831 Views)

My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help / My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME / How Virginity Almost Destroyed My Marriage - Thanks To Nlanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by rheel: 11:15pm On May 23, 2009
hi ,

i have been married for almost 2 years, my marriage is becoming boring day by day

my spouse comes home late in the name of work and traffic, he complains when i ask him to drive me somewhere, but never complains when he has to go extra miles to pick people out of his way to work, his newspaper is his best companion at weekends even though i try to chat with him and so on.

he hides in the car to answer phone calls, i cant touch his phone any longer cos am scared of what i will see after i once read a message sent by one girl, and to crown it all he acts like a saint.

folks, please advice me

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by Rooneyleo(m): 11:23pm On May 23, 2009
Wat can i say other than find out wat is it u re doing he doesnt like cause in a way i tink u might be turning him off
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by Naijagirly(f): 11:29pm On May 23, 2009
Heyya, Its so sad sad
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by Sissy3(f): 11:33pm On May 23, 2009
with his attitude i bet u he is probably tired of the marriage too.

have tried telling him how your feelings on his attitude lately?

do you have kids?

marriage counseling could be another option before it is too late

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by tope5000: 11:56pm On May 23, 2009
rheel:

hi ,

i have been married for almost 2 years, my marriage is becoming boring day by day

my spouse comes home late in the name of work and traffic, he complains when i ask him to drive me somewhere, but never complains when he has to go extra miles to pick people out of his way to work, his newspaper is his best companion at weekends even though i try to chat with him and so on.

he hides in the car to answer phone calls, i cant touch his phone any longer cos am scared of what i will see after i once read a message sent by one girl, and to crown it all he acts like a saint.

folks, please advice me

Oh gawd !!!!!
Not another boring marriage, u guys are really scaring me o sad sad sad embarassed
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by Sissy3(f): 12:01am On May 24, 2009
tope5000:

Oh gawd !!!!!
Not another boring marriage, u guys are really scaring me o sad sad sad embarassed

sweeties nah dnt b scared every marriage/relationships gets their bumps just got to handle it probably.

marriage is not a bed of roses for anyone
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by tope5000: 12:03am On May 24, 2009
~Sissy~:

sweeties nah dnt b scared every marriage/relationships gets their bumps just got to handle it probably.

marriage is not a bed of roses for anyone

I know but just the way some ppl are going on abt it . . . .is kinda scary cheesy
Guess communication REALLY is key undecided
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by Sissy3(f): 12:07am On May 24, 2009
tope5000:

I know but just the way some ppl are going on abt it  . . . .is kinda scary cheesy
Guess communication REALLY is key undecided

communication is a big key to any successful marriage and relationships and honestly i tell you most marriages/relationships fail cox of lack of communication and it amazes me how often ppl tend to neglect it.

most of the ones here imo is lack of communication
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by Sissy3(f): 12:13am On May 24, 2009
for me i think for a marriage to be successful and fruitful it needs

*  Love
    * Support
    * Tolerance
    * Communication
    * Realistic expectations
    * Caring
    * Nurturing
    * Sense of humor
    * Commitment
    * Respect
    * Knowing how to handle conflict
    * Problem solve together
    * Interdependence
    * Caring
    * Enjoying one another
    * Having fun together
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by tope5000: 12:14am On May 24, 2009
~Sissy~:

communication is a big key to any successful marriage and relationships and honestly i tell you most marriages/relationships fail cox of lack of communication and it amazes me how often ppl tend to neglect it.

most of the ones here imo is lack of communication

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . . , i think the women always try to communicate but the men always seem to be tired to talk undecided
Like they say women talk too much grin
Communication is a two-way thing . . . .so i think most men shud make an effort to listen to what their wives have have to say undecided
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by tope5000: 12:15am On May 24, 2009
~Sissy~:

for me i think for a marriage to be successful and fruitful it needs

*  Love
    * Support
    * Tolerance
    * Communication
    * Realistic expectations
    * Caring
    * Nurturing
    * Sense of humor
    * Commitment
    * Respect
    * Knowing how to handle conflict
    * Problem solve together
    * Interdependence
    * Caring
    * Enjoying one another
    * Having fun together

There are no truer words wink
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by Sissy3(f): 12:20am On May 24, 2009
tope5000:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . . ,  i think the women always try to communicate but the men always seem to be tired to talk undecided
Like they say women talk too much grin
Communication is a two-way thing . . . .so i think most men shud make an effort to listen to what their wives have have to say undecided

nagging and communication is two different things and sorry to say this but most women dont communicate they nag (thinking they are communicating) which one of the reasons men gets bored and tired to talk.

of course men should not only listen, they should try to bring things up too. marriage is all about cooperation
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by tope5000: 12:26am On May 24, 2009
Sissy are u sure u r a female sef? grin
Why do men always think women are nagging when she tryin to say something?
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by Sissy3(f): 12:34am On May 24, 2009
tope5000:

Sissy are u sure u r a female sef? grin
Why do men always think women are nagging when she tryin to say something?

OMG roflamo! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

i have to admit some women do nag as hell. there are some ways to tell man something without nagging him, unless the woman is pregnant of course then nagging is allowed. tongue tongue
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by TOYOSI20(f): 12:38am On May 24, 2009
rheel:

hi ,

folks, please advice me

Marriage isn't a bed of roses at all, ask those that have been @ it for several years, I'm talking 20, 30, 40, 50 years and counting, . . .

It is up to u to make it work, how bad do u want it to succeed??

how quick are u to essentially throw in the towel??

Communication is key, have a heart to heart wid ur spouse, and let him know exactly how u feel,

Both parties should be willing to make sacrifices for thing to work, it takes commitment, hard work, and dedication!!

best of Luck,  smiley
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by tope5000: 12:39am On May 24, 2009
~Sissy~:

OMG roflamo! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

i have to admit some women do nag as hell. there are some ways to tell man something without nagging him, unless the woman is pregnant of course then nagging is allowed. tongue tongue

Lol . . . . yes i do agree that some women nag as hell
But the only reason i nag wud only be because i have told or ask my bf not or to do something and he does/nt do it
Then I NAG . . . . and i blv i have every right to then grin cheesy
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by Sissy3(f): 12:45am On May 24, 2009
tope5000:

Lol . . . . yes i do agree that some women nag as hell
But the only reason i nag wud only be because i have told or ask my bf not or to do something and he does/nt do it
Then I NAG . . . . and i blv i have every right to then grin cheesy

me sef if i ask him something and he is slow to do it, i wouldn't even repeat maself, by ma actions he would definitely get the drift.  is it controlling? dnt think so. as for nagging, i dont do much it unless . . . . .
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by tope5000: 12:49am On May 24, 2009
~Sissy~:

me sef if i ask him something and he is slow to do it, i wouldn't even repeat maself, by ma actions he would definitely get the drift.  is it controlling? dnt think so. as for nagging, i dont do much it unless . . . . .

Lol . . . . i swear these guys fit drive pesin crazy
Then they say we are complex creatures grin
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by Sissy3(f): 12:56am On May 24, 2009
tope5000:

Lol . . . . i swear these guys fit drive pesin crazy
Then they say we are complex creatures grin

yup usually with that their excuse of women having many buttons and 'em only one.

i must admit some men are so complicated it takes more than a psychology major to understand them grin grin
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by tope5000: 12:58am On May 24, 2009
Lol . . . . gbam grin cheesy
Yeye boys tongue
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by C2H5OH(f): 12:59am On May 24, 2009
Of course. So typical of women to blame men for their miseries.
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by Sissy3(f): 1:01am On May 24, 2009
C2H5OH:

Of course. So typical of women to blame men for their miseries.

maybe cox men sometimes cause them?
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by C2H5OH(f): 1:01am On May 24, 2009
Maybe, maybe not. Maybe women don't like being held responsible for messing up.
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by tope5000: 1:04am On May 24, 2009
C2H5OH:

Of course.  So typical of women to blame men for their miseries.

What are u talking abt?
The woman is here . . . seeking 4 help, u r blaming her sad
If the woman start cheating now . . . . . u'd blame her again sad

There is no satisfying some people tongue
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by StrStruck(f): 1:06am On May 24, 2009
C2H5OH:

Of course.  So typical of women to blame men for their miseries.

More often than not, the reverse is the case. Matter of fact, men usually blame their women when they (men) are caught cheating.
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by tope5000: 1:09am On May 24, 2009
Not just cheatin dear
Even something as little as . . . . telephone call cheesy
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by Sissy3(f): 1:11am On May 24, 2009
C2H5OH:

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe women don't like being held responsible for messing up.

or maybe men dnt like leaving up to their responsibilities?
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by boy1(m): 1:22pm On May 24, 2009
only 2 yrs ur marriage don dey shake.na waa!
sometimes i dey pity women.sorry oh!
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by C2H5OH(f): 5:46pm On May 24, 2009
tope5000:

What are u talking abt?
The woman is here . . . seeking 4 help, u r blaming her sad
If the woman start cheating now . . . . . u'd blame her again sad

There is no satisfying some people tongue
No, this woman does not deserve a pat on the back for being faithful to the husband. In marriage you are expected to honor your vows.
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by C2H5OH(f): 5:53pm On May 24, 2009
St☆rStruck:

More often than not, the reverse is the case. Matter of fact, men usually blame their women when they (men) are caught cheating.
Bullshit. This is not a man vs. woman issue. A cheater is an irresponsible sob on all counts. You don't fork up and blame your madness on an innocent soul.
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 24, 2009
well first we should try to understand if the poster husband has ALWAYS been that cold or did he become like that after a year or so of perfect marriage?!
sometimes people misread the signs and think that because someone was all "up there" when dating you, he will be the same after marriage.
also apart from being a wife, what have you done to spice life at home/outside between you and your husband?
to me, this is the perfect case of a 9ja man with his trophy/reproductive wife that is "perfect" to everyone on the outside(family/friends) but nothing but a hole in HIS mind.
Re: My Marriage Is Becoming Boring by jamace(m): 7:57am On May 25, 2009
well first we should try to understand if the poster husband has ALWAYS been that cold or did he become like that after a year or so of perfect marriage?!
sometimes people misread the signs and think that because someone was all "up there" when dating you, he will be the same after marriage.
also apart from being a wife, what have you done to spice life at home/outside between you and your husband?
to me, this is the perfect case of a 9ja man with his trophy/reproductive wife that is "perfect" to everyone on the outside(family/friends) but nothing but a hole in HIS mind.

Good questions here. Poster should throw more light on these before further advice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do such wife/woman exists? / Do You Love Wedding Pictures / I Love My Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.