Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,261 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Can A Person Become Exactly Like Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Person Become Exactly Like Jesus? (589 Views)

Signs A Person Loves Money Too Much / Zimbabwean Pastor Eaten By 3 Crocodiles While Trying To Walk On Water Like Jesus / Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Person Become Exactly Like Jesus? by Kei144(m): 6:19am On Nov 24, 2015
Mt. 5:48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

1Jn. 3:2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

In Mt. 5:48, Jesus commands his followers to be as perfect as God Himself. 1Jn. 3:2 apparently says that those who will make the rapture from the land of the living must be like Jesus. Is this possible? How many people then will make the rapture from the land of the living?
Re: Can A Person Become Exactly Like Jesus? by saintgoogle(m): 6:19am On Nov 24, 2015
sad
Re: Can A Person Become Exactly Like Jesus? by Kei144(m): 9:10am On Nov 24, 2015
Lk. 13:22 Then Jesus went through the towns and villages, teaching as he made his way to Jerusalem.
Lk. 13:23 Someone asked him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?” He said to them,
Lk. 13:24 “Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to.
Lk. 13:25 Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, `Sir, open the door for us.’ “But he will answer, `I don’t know you or where you come from.’

Jesus said that many people will try to enter the kingdom of God , but will not be able to. The many people will make all the efforts and still fail to make it. For those still alive when the rapture occurs, the reason will be that they are not exactly like Jesus. It is easier to make it from the land of the dead, because of He. 12:23.

He. 12:23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the judge of all men, to the spirits of righteous men made perfect,

There is some perfecting going on in the land of the dead, for those who died in Christ. Those in Christ, but who do not reach perfection in the land of the living when rapture occurs, will need to be killed by the AC so that they could go through some perfection in the land of the dead and rise up during the second resurrection (Re. 20:5-6).
Re: Can A Person Become Exactly Like Jesus? by Kei144(m): 6:35pm On Nov 24, 2015
Jesus does not give impossible command. If he says, "Be as perfect as your heavenly Father", it means you could be as perfect as your heavenly Father. The fact that in 2000 years of Christianity people have not been perfect means that something is wrong with the Church. And what is wrong is misconception. The number one misconception is the identity of Jesus Christ. Who exactly is Jesus Christ? If we can properly identify him, we will be able to learn how he could become like God.

Jn. 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Jesus Christ himself stated that eternal life for humans hinges critically on proper identification of both God and Jesus Christ whom God sent. The reason why many Jews shun Christianity till today is wrong identification of Jesus Christ by Christians.

I presented my own identification of Jesus Christ in the following thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/2753900/doing-greater-works

However, the Church is not really to blame for not being able to properly identify Jesus Christ, and hence for not being able to reach perfection. The reason is that God time-locked the knowledge required.

Da. 12:8 I heard, but I did not understand. So I asked, “My lord, what will the outcome of all this be?”
Da. 12:9 He replied, “Go your way, Daniel, because the words are closed up and sealed until the time of the end.
Da. 12:10 Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.

Ro. 11:15 For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?
Ro. 11:16 If the part of the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; if the root is holy, so are the branches.

Ro. 11:16 makes it clear that Israelites hold the key to the perfection of the Church. It is only after a part of Israelites (the 144,000) offered as firstfruits become holy that perfection could come to the Church. We are in the end time and so the 144,000 Israelites are about to arise. That is why you can see the thread I referenced above.
Re: Can A Person Become Exactly Like Jesus? by Kei144(m): 6:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
[size=14pt]Jane Leade Prophecy 1679 [/size]

There will be a total and full redemption by Jesus Christ! This is a hidden mystery not to be understood without the revelation of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is at hand to reveal these truths to all Holy seekers and loving inquirers. The completion of “Such Redemption” is withheld and abstracted by the apocalyptical seals of the book of revelation. Wherefore as the Spirit of God will open seal after seal, so will this redemption come to be revealed, in part and then universally. In the gradual opening of the mystery of redemption in Christ; and does consist the unsearchable wisdom of God; which may continually reveal new and fresh things to the worthy seeker. In order to which the Ark of His testimony in Heaven will be opened before the end of the age, and the Living testimony will be unsealed!

Then will the Glory of God and the Lamb so rest upon this typical tabernacle, so that it will be called the tabernacle of Wisdom, though it is not known in visibility, yet. It will be seen as coming out of the wilderness within a short time. Then it will go on to multiply and propagate itself universally; not only to the number of the first born (144,000) but also to the remnant of the seed, against whom the dragon will make war continually. Wherefore the Spirit of David will revive in this Church and most especially in some of its elect members of this blossoming root. These will have might given to them to overcome the dragon and his angels, even as David overcame Goliath and his philistine army.

http://forerunnertv.com/blog/1144-prophecy-of-1619
Re: Can A Person Become Exactly Like Jesus? by Kei144(m): 6:11am On Nov 25, 2015
What was the secret of Christ's sinlessness? Science has unraveled deep mysteries of nature; on the other hand, Christianity refuses to research into why Jesus was able to be who he was. Yet Jesus said:

Mt. 7:7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Mt. 7:8 For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Jesus says, "Research!" Christianity says, "Researching into Jesus is blasphemy!" I have presented the result of my own research in the thread:

I know that it is a powerful discovery because application of my discovery to myself is currently transforming me. Very soon you will hear about a man in Awka doing great wonders.
Re: Can A Person Become Exactly Like Jesus? by Kei144(m): 6:13am On Nov 25, 2015
Becoming like Jesus is actually easy. That is what the grace of God is all about. Grace of God means that it is not by your power, but rather by the Spirit of God. The Spirit of God is the divine essence and it can be possessed in different measures. The greater the measure of the Spirit a person has, the greater the divine attributes that the person is able to manifest. How does a person grow the measure of the Holy Spirit in her/him?

1Pe. 2:21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

He. 12:2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Jesus is our example. Over the centuries, Satan covered the example that Jesus laid down for us through false doctrines propounded by the church of Rome. The path that Jesus followed to grow the measure of the Holy Spirit in him is clearly spelt out the Bible. We see him receive the first deposit of the Holy Spirit during his baptism by John the Baptist. This was followed by the desert experience in which Satan tried so much to scuttle his effort to grow the Holy Spirit in him. He constantly rebuffed Satan and steadily progressed in building up the measure of the Spirit in him. By the time the measure of the Spirit in him crossed some threshold level, angels came and attended to him, clothing him with immense power.

Lk. 4:14 Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news about him spread through the whole countryside.
Lk. 4:15 He taught in their synagogues, and everyone praised him.

See my other thread for more explanation:

Re: Can A Person Become Exactly Like Jesus? by Kei144(m): 6:15am On Nov 25, 2015
The Bible shows us that Jesus received the divinity (divine essence or Holy Spirit) during his baptism by John. Anyone that is born from above as happened to him in the River Jordan is also a son of God. The person also has divinity in her/him. The initial deposit of divinity cannot do much, just as the ability of a newborn human is not much. Just as a feeble newborn human could eventually grow to become the strongest man on earth, the inner man can also be grown to extraordinary level.

1Jn. 3:1 How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!
The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
1Jn. 3:2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, [Or when it is made known] we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.
1Jn. 3:3 Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure.

The world (including Christians) do not know that any person that is born from above is as son of God as Jesus. But we are in the end time; it is time for everyone to know.

Da. 12:10 Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.

Ro. 8:29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.
Re: Can A Person Become Exactly Like Jesus? by orisa37: 2:23pm On Nov 25, 2015
Yes. There seven spirits you need to be like Jesus. Your Vocation is the Light of God in you, accept that. 2, Always practise it for Good and not for bad. 3, The Life in you is Jesus in you. Always recognise yourself behaving like Jesus. 4, Have Faith in the Life that is in you. He is the "The Faith" that provides all you have. 5, Have Hope in "The Hope" for by it you will have Power and Might to have more riches and wealth. 6, Jesus, before He came in human form, told Solomon in Exodus:14:14 that "The Lord will provide all your Needs, if you maintain Peace" before Him. So please be patience, persevering, enduring, humble like Jesus before God. And 7, "For God so love the world that He gave Jesus Christ to Nature that we should be natural with Him to have Eternal Life. And before He left this world, He us a Commandment to always love ourselves as He loves us. Glory be to God.
Re: Can A Person Become Exactly Like Jesus? by Nobody: 3:19am On Dec 10, 2015
Yes,by being yourself.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Shiloh 2015 / Heaven’s Solution To Unemployment And Care For The Homeless – Must Read (B) / Biblical Way Of Celebrating Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.