Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus (15295 Views)

The Key To Be Eligible For Ressurection To Live Forever Like Jesus Christ / Zimbabwean Pastor Eaten By 3 Crocodiles While Trying To Walk On Water Like Jesus / Pastors And Controversies...kumuyi's Example (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by Kakaakinews: 11:33pm On Mar 30, 2017
KEMI OLUNLOYO: PASTORS AND THEIR ASPIRATIONS TO BE LIKE JESUS

.....by Eniola Opeyemi

I thought am tired enough to take a rest not until I stumble upon the news that Kemi Olunloyo is still detained after an allegation of writing against a Port - Harcourt Based Pastor, David Ib‎iyeomie, of the salvation ministries. Though, this seems not to be the first time the popular blogger who is a daughter of former Oyo state Governor, have had issues with 'men of God' and other celebrities but it's also notable to see how individual react base on their personality and the believe they portray.

As a Christian that I am, it's taught in the church that we shouldn't judge the men of God but leave them to God to do the judgment, hence, i think it's important to recite what Jesus lived for, in our aspiration to be “Christ-like”.

For the sake of this article, I will take some teachings by Charles Ryrie in his book, Balancing the Christian Life, the first question he answered was:

Why did Jesus tell people to ‘go and sin no more’ if sinlessness is impossible?"

Answer: There are two instances in the New Testament when Jesus told someone to “sin no more,” and they were each under very different circumstances. The first is when Jesus healed an invalid by the Pool of Bethesda (John 5:1–15). Afterward, Jesus found the man and told him, “See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you” (verse 14). It is clear that Jesus knew what had caused the man’s condition. We are not told the specifics of the man’s physical impairment, but the context implies that it was caused by sinful choices. Jesus warned the man that he had been given a second chance and that he should make better choices. If the man returned to his sinful behavior, he would have wasted the opportunity Jesus gave him to live whole and forgiven.

The second instance is in the account of the woman taken in the act of adultery (John 8:3–11). When the woman’s accusers brought her before Jesus, expecting Him to pronounce judgment, He told them that the one who was without sin should throw the first stone. One by one, the condemning crowd left. Then Jesus told the woman, “Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more” (verse 11). She had been caught. She was guilty. She did deserve stoning according to the Law of Moses (Leviticus 20:10; Deuteronomy 22:22). But the religious leaders who had dragged her there had no concern for holiness. They were trying to trap Jesus into saying that the Law did not matter (verse 6).

Jesus often reminded those religious leaders that He had not come to abolish the Law but to fulfill it (Matthew 5:17). He, as God, was the Author of the Law (2 Timothy 3:16). The Pharisees focused on the letter of the Law but missed the true spirit of it, which is given in Galatians 5:14: “The whole law can be summed up in this one command: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” When Jesus refused to condemn the woman, He was not minimizing the importance of holiness. He was offering her the same kind of forgiveness He offers every one of us (Acts 3:19).

In saying, “Go and sin no more,” Jesus was not speaking of sinless perfection. He was warning against a return to sinful lifestyle choices. His words both extended mercy and demanded holiness. Jesus was always the perfect balance of “grace and truth” (John 1:14). With forgiveness comes the expectation that we will not continue in the same path of rebelliousness. Those who know God’s love will naturally want to obey Him (John 14:15).

When we turn to Christ and receive His forgiveness, we experience a heart change (Luke 9:23; Acts 1:cool. Forgiveness is not cheap, and it does not excuse the sin that separated us from God. It cost God everything to offer us the cleansing that pronounces us righteous before Him (John 3:16; 15:13). Rather than continue in the self-centered path that led us astray from Him to begin with, the forgiven can walk in God’s path (Luke 14:27). A move toward God is a move toward righteousness, purity, and holy living (1 Peter 1:16; Romans 8:29). We cannot experience the transforming power of forgiveness without being forever changed.

It goes without saying that the woman caught in adultery did not return to her infidelity. She had met Jesus. She would not be perfect. No one is. But she was forever changed. Her eyes had been opened to the depravity of what she was doing. Sin no longer held the appeal it once did. When we meet Jesus, sin no longer holds its fatal attraction. Grace changes things. “Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?” (Romans 6:1–2).When we are born again (John 3:3), the power of the Holy Spirit breaks the power that sin once had over us (Romans 6:6). Once we lived only to please ourselves, but when we have been forgiven, our motivation changes. We now live to please God (Galatians 2:20).

It should be the goal of every Christian to “sin no more,” although we recognize that, while we are in the flesh, we will still stumble (1 John 1:cool. God’s desire for each of us is to be holy as He is holy (1 Peter 1:16). We still sin, but sin is no longer a lifestyle choice (1 John 3:9–10). When we fail, we can come to God and ask forgiveness (1 John 1:9; 1 Peter 4:1–2). And if we are truly God’s children, He will correct us, disciplining us when we need it (Hebrews 12:6–11). His work is to conform us to the image of His Son (Romans 8:29).

I may not be a theological student but for the sake of knowledge, wisdom and understanding, I find the bible as ‎a guard and I will continue to respect every Pastors base on their teachings and believe that they are the replica of Jesus christ in the church.

Everyday may be for the thief, but finally, the owner has come to cage the thief, but just like the thief on the right hand side of Jesus, he received mercy and the grace to meet with Him in the paradise.

Finally, I urge the respectful man of God to reflect how influential his judgement would be on the accused, the by-passers and the brethren.

Eniola Opeyemi
Writes from Ibadan, Oyo state.
eniolaopeyemi@gmail.com

http://kakaakinews..com.ng/2017/03/kemi-olunloyo-pastors-and-their.html?m=1

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by ayindejimmy(m): 11:44pm On Mar 30, 2017
Only God knows those who truly serve Him

If that pastor is a man of God like he claimed to his church members, he will apologize to Kemi.

Some Christians don't even know the responsibilities of their doctrine

17 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by Babalegba(m): 11:46pm On Mar 30, 2017
ayindejimmy:
Only God knows those who truly serve Him
Nigerian pastors are generally evil minded people out to serve themselves and are followed by the gullible

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by Sketchandcraft(m): 12:21am On Mar 31, 2017
The churches are biz centers and anyone infringing on another man's income will be arrested and charge to court which is what happen to aunty kemi case...

Pastors are no longer Christians and Christlike...

The churches are no longer for the sinners and people with impure hrt... Churches are for the highest bidders pastors reserve special prayers for those that pays by Cheks and huge cash but those that pay offerings of 100 naira or less are just there as spectators to witness the type of prayers and special attentions....

Pastors are no longer Christian but business men and family biz

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by Donshegxy10(m): 1:20am On Mar 31, 2017
pastors are business men, and these set of people are worst when it comes to handling their personal issues, get close to them and you will understand that we are all mere human, no one can be like Jesus

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by seunlly(m): 1:34am On Mar 31, 2017
wonder will never cease
when u see your pastor in fire u will lost hope of gaining heaven except if your work is clean and ..
Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by MakeADifference: 4:33am On Mar 31, 2017
How many pastors do you know?

And I love how pastors allow you people to keep running your rants without interference. Shows most of them are 'above' you all.

Babalegba:
Nigerian pastors are generally evil minded people out to serve themselves and are followed by the gullible

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by MakeADifference: 4:37am On Mar 31, 2017
If they publish on over 500 blogs that a girl jazzed your father and has turned him into a sugar daddy, what will be your reactions?

NL shouts karma, karma isn't only for what you do, it is also for what you support.

Sketchandcraft:
The churches are biz centers and anyone infringing on another man's income will be arrested and charge to court which is what happen to aunty kemi case...

Pastors are no longer Christians and Christlike...

The churches are no longer for the sinners and people with impure hrt... Churches are for the highest bidders pastors reserve special prayers for those that pays by Cheks and huge cash but those that pay offerings of 100 naira or less are just there as spectators to witness the type of prayers and special attentions....

Pastors are no longer Christian but business men and family biz

20 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by babadem2much(m): 6:16am On Mar 31, 2017
I don't think this pastor prays the traditional our father in the Bible
Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by BrutalJab: 7:12am On Mar 31, 2017
Freedom of expression is a notable progress in the advancement of democracy. But freedom of expression does not warrant baseless, unwarranted character assassination.

The reason Christianity is dying is the secularization of the sacred and the non application of common sense in making jokes with God and the things of God. Modern media will make jokes of Christianity and we laugh and regards is normal.

But they do not try that with Islam and because of fear of reprisals. That's how we are dying. We must learn to have respect for limits. Any human being who goes against the law should be punished.
But to resort to indiscriminate and unwarranted outbursts on social media against anyone is unacceptable, especially if it's made to diminish the person and image of anyone and sometimes only to score cheap popularity.

The Pastor is not Jesus, Kemi Oluloyo has committed a crime punishable under the law and therefore must be made to enjoy the fruit of her labour.

Mummy Freeze is next!

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by Sketchandcraft(m): 10:01am On Mar 31, 2017
MakeADifference:
If they publish on over 500 blogs that a girl jazzed your father and has turned him into a sugar daddy, what will be your reactions?

NL shouts karma, karma isn't only for what you do, it is also for what you support.

Guy no smoke without fire... Why will they single him out...

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by Babalegba(m): 10:16am On Mar 31, 2017
MakeADifference:

How many pastors do you know?

And I love how pastors allow you people to keep running your rants without interference. Shows most of them are 'above' you all.

Thank you for making me laugh this morning, I had to chuckle at your comment. I know quite a few pastors and the bible. Most Nigerian pastors especially the big ones are agents of the devil and God did not call them. By their seeds you shall know them meaning their behaviour ,lifestyles and association will give them away

4 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by ipobbigot7: 11:02am On Mar 31, 2017
MakeADifference:

Are you fighting this way for the mortal men with the title pastor or for the integrity of the principle of Christ?

Have you ever ask yourself the question what we Jesus do if he's accused like this, have you read the scriptures to point where it says we should live vengeance for God, or where it says we should not subject our cases to be decided by unbelievers for we shall judge the world?

The problem is that many church goers are not christians, like the time of Moses the present days pastors have brain washed many and make them know nothing about God, they coned the scriptures for their self serving purpose and put many in their bondage to serve them rather than serving God. The pastors prepares sheepish people to serve them not prepare them for God and the second coming of Christ.

5 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by Olu317(m): 11:16am On Mar 31, 2017
Babalegba:
Thank you for making me laugh this morning, I had to chuckle at your comment. I know quite a few pastors and the bible. Most Nigerian pastors especially the big ones are agents of the devil and God did not call them. By their seeds you shall know them meaning their behaviour ,lifestyles and association will give them away
It is quite unfortunate at the rate at which you categorise the pastors. Do you have knowledge of the total number of Nigeria's pastors? On what statistical analysis do you use to come up with your, “Most Nigerian pastors, especially the big ones are agents of the devil......?" I don't have problem with your personal opinion but try to be honest when criticising few bad pastors. No profession in life, we don't have bad eggs. Even during the time of Jesus, there was an account of a man who used Jesus Christ's name to cast out demons according to the account of his disciples despite the fact that the said man wasn't part of his disciples. So, no big deal in this. After all, no human character under the sun is new.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by Nebuchadnezar: 11:20am On Mar 31, 2017
BrutalJab:
Freedom of expression is a notable progress in the advancement of democracy. But freedom of expression does not warrant baseless, unwarranted character assassination.

The reason Christianity is dying is the secularization of the sacred and the non application of common sense in making jokes with God and the things of God. Modern media will make jokes of Christianity and we laugh and regards is normal.

But they do not try that with Islam and because of fear of reprisals. That's how we are dying. We must learn to have respect for limits. Any human being who goes against the law should be punished.
But to resort to indiscriminate and unwarranted outbursts on social media against anyone is unacceptable, especially if it's made to diminish the person and image of anyone and sometimes only to score cheap popularity.

The Pastor is not Jesus, Kemi Oluloyo has committed a crime punishable under the law and therefore must be made to enjoy the fruit of her labour.

Mummy Freeze is next!
gbam

11 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by Babalegba(m): 11:59am On Mar 31, 2017
Olu317:
It is quite unfortunate at the rate at which you categorise the pastors. Do you have knowledge of the total number of Nigeria's pastors? On what statistical analysis do you use to come up with your, “Most Nigerian pastors, especially the big ones are agents of the devil......?" I don't have problem with your personal opinion but try to be honest when criticising few bad pastors. No profession in life, we don't have bad eggs. Even during the time of Jesus, there was an account of a man who used Jesus Christ's name to cast out demons according to the account of his disciples despite the fact that the said man wasn't part of his disciples. So, no big deal in this. After all, no human character under the sun is new.
I really do wish you are right but unfortunately it has become obvious that most pastors in Nigeria are wolves in sheep's clothing being used by the devil to sow confusion in the church. They are so unlike Christ because they are not of Christ. Jesus lived a frugal non ostentatious life,gravitated to men of low estate and even rode a donkey like the poor do in those days instead of a horse,the ride of the rich. Most Nigerian pastors are essentially squirreling ,avaricious, lying ,deceitful non Christ like crooks masquerading as men of God. They are the enemies of the nation because they lead but they are blind and will lead people to perdition. Their actions mock men ,spending lavishly on designer clothes,vehicles and aircraft unlike christ who lived a simple life but God is aware and is not mocked and awaits their repentance or judgement

5 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by deleo16(m): 12:08pm On Mar 31, 2017
Olu317:
exactly is like me saying all married men cheat on their wife you don't generalize things

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by Olu317(m): 1:30pm On Mar 31, 2017
deleo16:
exactly is like me saying all married men cheat on their wife you don't generalize things
That is just the reality my brother. No need for us to generalise when in truth we have no accurate statistics at hand. All good.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by Olu317(m): 1:46pm On Mar 31, 2017
Babalegba:
I really do wish you are right but unfortunately it has become obvious that most pastors in Nigeria are wolves in sheep's clothing being used by the devil to sow confusion in the church. They are so unlike Christ because they are not of Christ. Jesus lived a frugal non ostentatious life,gravitated to men of low estate and even rode a donkey like the poor do in those days instead of a horse,the ride of the rich. Most Nigerian pastors are essentially squirreling ,avaricious, lying ,deceitful non Christ like crooks masquerading as men of God. They are the enemies of the nation because they lead but they are blind and will lead people to perdition. Their actions mock men ,spending lavishly on designer clothes,vehicles and aircraft unlike christ who lived a simple life but God is aware and is not mocked and awaits their repentance or judgement
If you are so perfect with your information, I wonder why people haven't abandon Churches?,The truth is that many of these pastors you condemned got many gifts from church members of wealthy families. If you don't have a prospering members, you as a pastor can't prosper. Jesus gown wasn't cheap, the perfume poured on him wasn't cheap. So, let God be the judge. If you you prop up a proposition of churches boycott, would you give a direction of an alternative to worship God through Jesus ? In as much as some few people who claim to be men of God misbehave,doesn't mean all are evil. Do you not know God see all hearts and know all things. I hope you will stop this over criticism of all pastors. The deep call unto the deep. It is nothing but the truth..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by Babalegba(m): 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2017
Olu317:
If you are so perfect with your information, I wonder why people haven't abandon Churches?,The truth is that many of these pastors you condemned got many gifts from church members of wealthy families. If you don't have a prospering members, you as a pastor can't prosper. Jesus gown wasn't cheap, the perfume poured on him wasn't cheap. So, let God be the judge. If you you prop up a proposition of churches boycott, would you give a direction of an alternative to worship God through Jesus ? In as much as some few people who claim to be men of God misbehave,doesn't mean all are evil. Do you not know God see all hearts and know all things. I hope you will stop this over criticism of all pastors. The deep call unto the deep. It is nothing but the truth..
My point is is that most Nigerian pastors are material prosperity preachers and are not from God.The bible says that God gives people with itchy ears false teachers to listen to because they are unwilling to listen to the truth. Nigerians are mostly inclined to follow Mammon and hate the truth. The fact is that genuine repentance is absent from the average Nigerians mind and he would make sacrifices like praying and fasting instead of complying with the will of God. Obedience is better than sacrifice. I would not propose that people boycott the churches but that they search hard to ascertain the truth and not get into the trap of the pastors from demons. God exposes the false pastors periodically and people should learn to understand this instead of building excuses for the pastor frauds who are being exposed by God. There are still genuine pastors of God in Nigeria but they are not flamboyant, they display temperance, meekness and are not diabolical. Yes the garment of Jesus came from heaven and expensive oil was poured over him in preparation for his sacrifice on the cross.A little church of heaven bound but relatively poor saints is much better than a big church of worldly rich people.Lazarus made heaven but the rich man did not.Jesus was not born into a rich mans household and did not roll in gold and silver when he was here.Most Nigerian pastors are crooks but God is waiting for them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by Foxxybrown: 6:19pm On Mar 31, 2017
Pastor or no pastor, all I know is that this nutcase Kemi Olunloyo with those chicken legs of hers looks just perfect in that prison uniform. She deserves everything she is getting right now. They are free to keep her there till December.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by Moletemike: 6:24pm On Mar 31, 2017
Foxxybrown:
Pastor or no pastor, all I know is that this nutcase Kemi Olunloyo with those chicken legs of hers looks just perfect in that prison uniform. She deserves everything she is getting right now. They are free to keep her there till December.

LAUGHING AT HER CHICKEN LEGS LIKE SESAME STREET CHICKEN. ABEG WE NO WANT HER BACK IN IBADAN.THE PASTOR FIT CARRY HER GO HIS CHURCH STRAIGHT FROM PRISON FOR DELIVERANCE

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by Moletemike: 6:24pm On Mar 31, 2017
Foxxybrown:

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by Olu317(m): 7:20pm On Mar 31, 2017
Babalegba:
My point is is that most Nigerian pastors are material prosperity preachers and are not from God.The bible says that God gives people with itchy ears false teachers to listen to because they are unwilling to listen to the truth. Nigerians are mostly inclined to follow Mammon and hate the truth. The fact is that genuine repentance is absent from the average Nigerians mind and he would make sacrifices like praying and fasting instead of complying with the will of God. Obedience is better than sacrifice. I would not propose that people boycott the churches but that they search hard to ascertain the truth and not get into the trap of the pastors from demons. God exposes the false pastors periodically and people should learn to understand this instead of building excuses for the pastor frauds who are being exposed by God. There are still genuine pastors of God in Nigeria but they are not flamboyant, they display temperance, meekness and are not diabolical. Yes the garment of Jesus came from heaven and expensive oil was poured over him in preparation for his sacrifice on the cross.A little church of heaven bound but relatively poor saints is much better than a big church of worldly rich people.Lazarus made heaven but the rich man did not.Jesus was not born into a rich mans household and did not roll in gold and silver when he was here.Most Nigerian pastors are crooks but God is waiting for them.
Perhaps, you will make a great shepherd. Don't you agree?, If you can see every man of God as serving personal interest and evil. Then you can set up a church to win souls for Christ ,since , nothing good can come out of every tribe or ethnicity in Nigeria. Give it a shot!

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by JusticeSeeker: 7:37pm On Mar 31, 2017
The extra zealousness of the PH judges in remanding Kemi smacks an extra motivation by the so called pastor or god of men. this man has never been near the cross for no one who has done so will treat the vilest offender as he has done. bribing judges to remand a woman just to show her the stuff you're made of. this man has an evil heart.

5 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by Biafman: 8:43pm On Mar 31, 2017
Babalegba:
Just shut the Bleep up. Because they are pastors doesn't give you nor anyone else the privilage to abuse them in the society. If you want to go your investigative journalism, then arm yourself with real facts before going out in the public with such facts. If this said pastor refused to take action against this mentally challenged woman in the name of forgiveness as a Christian or pastor, peeps like you will be the first to tag him of being guilty of the mad woman's false accusations. We all know how it's been going on with the other pastor called Sulaiman. Why didn't she try her idiocy with islamic imam and let's see how well it ends with her, that's if she will get the chance to see a court room.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by Babalegba(m): 11:11pm On Mar 31, 2017
Biafman:

Just shut the Bleep up. Because they are pastors doesn't give you nor anyone else the privilage to abuse them in the society. If you want to go your investigative journalism, then arm yourself with real facts before going out in the public with such facts. If this said pastor refused to take action against this mentally challenged woman in the name of forgiveness as a Christian or pastor, peeps like you will be the first to tag him of being guilty of the mad woman's false accusations. We all know how it's been going on with the other pastor called Sulaiman. Why didn't she try her idiocy with islamic imam and let's see how well it ends with her, that's if she will get the chance to see a court room.
I cannot join issues with somebody trying to equate christianity with Islam.Your language is not Christian

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by Babalegba(m): 11:21pm On Mar 31, 2017
Olu317:
Perhaps, you will make a great shepherd. Don't you agree?, If you can see every man of God as serving personal interest and evil. Then you can set up a church to win souls for Christ ,since , nothing good can come out of every tribe or ethnicity in Nigeria. Give it a shot!
I'm sorry I came across to you as somebody lambasting all pastors. The fact is even in this wicked generation God has his own pastors but my point is that the vast majority of Nigerian pastors are fake and God exposes them through their unchrist like and unholy behaviours which are made public. Somebody cannot just form his own church like that,he has to be called by God for that purpose and be anointed to execute the task
Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by Olu317(m): 6:33am On Apr 01, 2017
Babalegba:
I'm sorry I came across to you as somebody lambasting all pastors. The fact is even in this wicked generation God has his own pastors but my point is that the vast majority of Nigerian pastors are fake and God exposes them through their unchrist like and unholy behaviours which are made public. Somebody cannot just form his own church like that,he has to be called by God for that purpose and be anointed to execute the task
I thank God that your eyes are open to the fact that being a pastor is through the call of God. However, few pastors may derail from their call which can be as a result of pressure from different quarters which God detest. But judgement and condemnation outrightly belong to God. After all, it is not easy having people to follow one's pastor's believe as sheepishly as Christians do. In as much as you have dislike for few pastors who use the name of the Lord in vain to swindle the children God,doesn't mean all pastors are guilty of these offences. Were you born around the period when a man called JESU Oyingbo existed in Yoruba land? If not, did you read or hear about his activities in Yoruba land?, What about Guru Maharaji? What about Olumba Olumba? God sees all the atrocities of these few men but not all are working against God. Do you think Nigeria wouldn't have be engulfed in another war if not prayers? Nothing happens in the physical without it to have taken place first in the spiritual before manifest physically. Lastly, God called Saul, and he derailed. I am sure you knew how Saul ended. So, kindly don't lump all pastors together despite your view which is tenable because God won't be happy as well.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by abouzaid: 7:38am On Apr 01, 2017
is it even proper to arrest and detain somebody over a civil case? organised religion is the biggest scam on earth.
Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by abouzaid: 8:11am On Apr 01, 2017
MakeADifference:

i won't even pay attention to them, i don't think Jesus would too,he could have called down fire on his critics but he was more focused on his ministry.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus by felixomor: 8:58am On Apr 01, 2017
BrutalJab:

Mummy Freeze is next!

Gbam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The 6 Bishops Who Left Winners Chapel and their new Ministries / The Story Of Job. An Example Of God's Wickedness / Samuel Kanu Uche Visits Emir Sanusi In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.