Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,605 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:36 AM

All Knowing And All Experiencing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / All Knowing And All Experiencing (887 Views)

Keys To Experiencing God's Wonders Through Praise. / Legally Married To Two Wives Before Knowing God, What Should I Do? / Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Knowing And All Experiencing by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 24, 2015
I got a puzzle recently and it got me to ask more questions about a supernatural conscience.

1. If God is all knowing does that mean he is also all experiencing ?
2. If he is also all experiencing doesn't that show the he is guilty of what he convicts sinners of ? Like knowing( as in experience ) what it means to feel lust, to have intercourse, even being gay and the rest.
3. What is the essence of being in check or doing something that is right or wrong when the one who creates you knows your possible beginning and ending. Predestination? Do we really own ourselves ?

malvisguy, johnnydon22. ifennes, folykaze,hahn, winner01, frosbel and the rest. Thanks
Re: All Knowing And All Experiencing by hahn(m): 12:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
TheAgba:
I got a puzzle recently and it got me to ask more questions about a supernatural conscience.

1. If God is all knowing does that mean he is also all experiencing ?
2. If he is also all experiencing doesn't that show the he is guilty of what he convicts sinners of ? Like knowing what ( as in experience ) what it means to feel lust, to have intercourse, even being gay and the rest.
3. What is the essence of being in check or doing something that is right or wrong when the one who creates you knows your possible beginning and ending. Predestination? Do we really own ourselves ?

malvisguy, johnnydon22. ifennes, folykaze,hahn, winner01, frosbel and the rest. Thanks

Which god are we talking about here? undecided
Re: All Knowing And All Experiencing by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 24, 2015
hahn:

The christian God of course.
Re: All Knowing And All Experiencing by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:36pm On Nov 24, 2015
hahn:

Which God do you disbelieve in?
Re: All Knowing And All Experiencing by Judas2013: 1:40pm On Nov 24, 2015
It will be silly to discus a subject that never existed. Can we have his picture and describe him OP
Re: All Knowing And All Experiencing by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
TheAgba:

I am not a christian and wont speak for their God.

I am not even an Olorisha but I am strong adherent of Yoruba religion system. So I will speak of Isesese to the best of my knowledge. We do not have the concept of sin in Yoruba religion. We believe the world move only when good and evil are keep at balance. Eledumare who is the supreme God does not interact with us human or interfare in the affair of things in earth. The Irunmole have very little support they can add to individuals. We are all subjected to our Ori which is our own personal god.

We have something called 'ese' which some mistakenly translate to sin. Ese means offence. Being a conscious being, we make our own standard and principle. In our home, we make rules. In our community and nation, there is a law. We make this rule by ourselves and not gods. So when we do contrary to laid down rules, we are punished by the law of the land and not Eledumare.

1 Like

Re: All Knowing And All Experiencing by malvisguy212: 2:14pm On Nov 24, 2015
What God predestined is our character and not our identity,this is God plan before the world began, for God to fulfill His prophecies, He must predestine history to a certain degree. The Bible clearly indicates that God predestined
redemptive history, specifically, the coming of the Messiah. Jesus clearly indicated that His coming was planned, including His death:

But He said to them, "I must preach the
kingdom of God to the other cities also,
for I was sent for this PURPOSE." ( Luke
4:43)

The Bible indicates that God's role in
redemptive history extends beyond the
Messiah to God's role in the redemption
of Israel. Isaiah claim that God used foreign rulers to alter history and free the Jews from Babylonian captivity:

Isaiah 46:10-11
Declaring the end from the beginning
And from ancient times things which
have not been done, Saying, 'My
purpose will be established, And I will
accomplish all My good pleasure';
Calling a bird of prey from the east, The
man of My purpose from a far country.
Truly I have spoken; truly I will bring it
to pass. I HAVE PLANNED IT ,SURLY I WILL DO IT .

Man have freewill to make his choice, man is in control of his will . There are many verses that specifically state that people have free will to execute their own choices. In the book of Deuteronomy, God Himself tells the
people to choose to follow Him to receive His blessings:

Deuteronomy 30:19
"I call heaven and earth to witness
against you today, that I have set
before you life and death, the
blessing and the curse. So choose life
in order that you may live, you and
your descendants,

God ominipotent doesent mean God will pretend everything is okay when it isn't. God was only sorry that man was only thinking of committing more evil.
Re: All Knowing And All Experiencing by hahn(m): 2:42pm On Nov 24, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Which God do you disbelieve in?

All of them undecided
Re: All Knowing And All Experiencing by hahn(m): 2:43pm On Nov 24, 2015
TheAgba:

Ok cool. You should be mentioning Christians then
Re: All Knowing And All Experiencing by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
hahn:

All of them undecided

I am god. I exist
Re: All Knowing And All Experiencing by hahn(m): 2:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

I am god. I exist

I believe you but I don't believe in you wink
Re: All Knowing And All Experiencing by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
hahn:

I believe you but I don't believe in you wink

Ya this is different things.

Disbelieve in god is non-belief.

Disbelieve in the existence of god is atheism.

Non-believers are not atheists
Re: All Knowing And All Experiencing by hahn(m): 6:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Ya this is different things.

Disbelieve in god is non-belief.

Disbelieve in the existence of god is atheism.

Non-believers are not atheists

Ok
Re: All Knowing And All Experiencing by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 24, 2015
malvisguy212:
What God predestined is our character and not our identity,this is God plan before the world began, for God to fulfill His prophecies, He must predestine history to a certain degree. The Bible clearly indicates that God predestined
redemptive history, specifically, the coming of the Messiah. Jesus clearly indicated that His coming was planned, including His death:

But He said to them, "I must preach the
kingdom of God to the other cities also,
for I was sent for this PURPOSE." ( Luke
4:43)

The Bible indicates that God's role in
redemptive history extends beyond the
Messiah to God's role in the redemption
of Israel. Isaiah claim that God used foreign rulers to alter history and free the Jews from Babylonian captivity:

Isaiah 46:10-11
Declaring the end from the beginning
And from ancient times things which
have not been done, Saying, 'My
purpose will be established, And I will
accomplish all My good pleasure';
Calling a bird of prey from the east, The
man of My purpose from a far country.
Truly I have spoken; truly I will bring it
to pass. I HAVE PLANNED IT ,SURLY I WILL DO IT .

Man have freewill to make his choice, man is in control of his will . There are many verses that specifically state that people have free will to execute their own choices. In the book of Deuteronomy, God Himself tells the
people to choose to follow Him to receive His blessings:

Deuteronomy 30:19
"I call heaven and earth to witness
against you today, that I have set
before you life and death, the
blessing and the curse. So choose life
in order that you may live, you and
your descendants,

God ominipotent doesent mean God will pretend everything is okay when it isn't. God was only sorry that man was only thinking of committing more evil.

You haven't done justice to my questions yet .

Thanks anyway .
Re: All Knowing And All Experiencing by ValentineMary(m): 2:01am On Jan 14, 2016

That is the flaw those that invented the Judeo-christian God forgot to correct. A God who knows all things yet get angry when they happen. Why would he get angry for an expected result

And God, being an all knowing God who also knows the future before they happen, would be assumed to be a God who predestined all things. In as much as it is said that he gave us free will, it does not kill his omniscient nature. Thus it seems like he is playing games with someone.

If he sent himself (Jesus), to earth to save us from sin, that would also mean that he knew man would sin and fall short of his glory. And he still got angry when Adam and Eve failed in obeying him even when he knew that was going to be the situation. That implies that God planned for man to sin just to show his glory. Yet he hates sin.

This being called Yahweh sounds very confused to me.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Pope Francis Arrives Kenya On His First Visit To Africa. / The Real Face Of Jesus: Forensic Expert Reconstructs How He Would Have Looked / Sermon Jotters: Facing Your Goliath (message & Prayers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.