Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,154 members, 7,811,314 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University - Education (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University (215356 Views)

How I Used What I Had To Get What I Need In The University / Photo: I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In Jamb / "How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University" - Abandon Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Grandest(m): 5:27pm On Dec 10, 2015
Memejem:
Nope. No email from you

Jeez! I can't make a head nor tail of this. I hope you're not doing it on purpose? Just kidding. This is enough torment to make my spirit crestfallen. Erm, hope I won't be presuming on your friendly gesture by asking for your email address? I'd appreciate that if you don't mind. Just a minute, is there any other means to reach you?
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Grandest(m): 5:45pm On Dec 10, 2015
Memejem:
Nope. No email from you

Jeez! I can't make a head nor tail of this. I hope you're not doing it on purpose? Just kidding. This is enough torment to make my spirit crestfallen. Erm, hope I won't be presuming on your friendly gesture by asking for your email address? I'd appreciate that if you don't mind. Or better still, on a personal note, I think you can send mails to me on alexkenneth2000@gmail.com
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Memejem: 8:09am On Dec 11, 2015
What exactly do you want to discuss?

Grandest:
Jeez! I can't make a head nor tail of this. I hope you're not doing it on purpose? Just kidding. This is enough torment to make my spirit crestfallen. Erm, hope I won't be presuming on your friendly gesture by asking for your email address? I'd appreciate that if you don't mind. Or better still, on a personal note, I think you can send mails to me on alexkenneth2000@gmail.com

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Grandest(m): 8:49am On Dec 11, 2015
Memejem:
What exactly do you want to discuss?
There are many things one can discuss with a friend.
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Memejem: 9:16am On Dec 11, 2015
I don't know you. Forget it. Seems you're not serious

Grandest:
There are many things one can discuss with a friend.
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Grandest(m): 1:00pm On Dec 11, 2015
Memejem:
I don't know you. Forget it. Seems you're not serious

What I can say? I'm very serious about it. Okay, I want to wish you a merry christmas and prosperous new year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Medunah: 8:27am On Dec 17, 2015
Henrypraise:

Honestly, my mom is a fountain of hope, always made me happy each visiting sunday wit her perfectly cooked food, always assuring me all will be well, neva spoke ill of my dad even wen all his ills were oozin everywia (Dats one of d lucks my dad have till today).

I neva blamed dem I understood very early dat 12kids isn't easy to cater for; n I being d 10th was one mouth at of many.

D op is so gud n tellin a story better dan nollywood.
I dont mean to speak ill of ur parents but How can they give birth to 12kids when they can't even cater for one?
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Henrypraise: 10:26am On Dec 17, 2015
Medunah:

I dont mean to speak ill of ur parents but How can they give birth to 12kids when they can't even cater for one?

The question is wat went wrong, (personally I felt no diversification of d economy lolz ). not dat de were incapable @ d beginning. De were very capable especially for d elder ones. Today we av a lawyer, a Doctor, an Engineer, a civil servant, a baker, a safety professional, a seamstress, a student, d hustlers, d free timers n d unemployed.

Anyway, don't tink ill of dem, d experience made me hu I am. Trust me I cud pass for an ajebuta but I cud be fierce n brutal as an agbero. Lolz.
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Medunah: 10:37am On Dec 17, 2015
Henrypraise:

The question is wat went wrong, (personally I felt no diversification of d economy lolz ). not dat de were incapable @ d beginning. De were very capable especially for d elder ones. Today we av a lawyer, a Doctor, an Engineer, a civil servant, a baker, a safety professional, a seamstress, a student, d hustlers, d free timers n d unemployed.

Anyway, don't tink ill of dem, d experience made me hu I am. Trust me I cud pass for an ajebuta but I cud be fierce n brutal as an agbero. Lolz.
Oh I kinda get it now but your momma tried ooo, 1 dozen is a whole lot but thank God for y'all lives
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by emeritusali(m): 6:15pm On Dec 22, 2015
The story is very interesting...Well done to the writer... And to all the commentators, you add salt to the story.
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by tosyne2much(m): 10:37pm On Dec 28, 2015
kittykat1:

I have been reading your tirades. You sound young but polished and with some good exposure. One lesson you must learn on NLD is that after making your sensible comment, expect trolls to want to seek attention. You must ignore them. Don't respond . That shows class
I like your moniker cheesy
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Dunsin89(m): 10:49am On Dec 29, 2015
JingoOAU:
I could remember how a pretty lady approached me when was still in OAU one day...the girl said she's hungry and she doesn't even have tfare back to her house in town.....as a sharp boy, I come use d opportunity to ask her out after giving her some little change

When I got to my room in quarters...I thought about the whole scenario and gave myself a knock on the head and dirty slap for such an immature behaviour...so unlike me...how can I utilise the weakness of someone to my advantage....since then, I've been very courteous
You never talk wetin you really do
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by Kaycee625(m): 5:45pm On Feb 29, 2016
thatsincerechic:
MORAL OF THE STORY
(WHETHER REAL OR FICTION)

with this story I have shared with you so far..

I am not telling you to open up to people or not to open up when you are in need.

I am not telling you to capitalise on the emotions of people.

I am not telling you to lie or not to lie in order to save your face from shame.

I am not telling you to become an hair stylist. Of course, not everybody is skillful with their hand. Being an entrepreneur encompasses a whole lot and you know what you are good at.

I believe from this story, you have been able to pick out one or two lessons after all in every nonsense, there is a sense.

Never live your life with a negative mindset because you find yourself in difficult situations. There are worse case scenarios and believe me you, you can never tell what's behind the smiles on the faces you come across on a daily basis.

Of course, I have only been able to throw some light on the financial difficulty some students go through, but there are other aspects too. You would be surprised to know the number of students with suicidal thoughts even when they live in luxury

No matter what, I repeat no matter what, suicide should never be an option.

LIKE the saying ,different situations require different measures.
I tell you this day, that no matter what you are going through in life, you should try as much as possible to be in control. Do not let any situation weigh you down or finally tear you apart.

In conclusion, always hold tight to your faith as we all know the saying that a man without faith is a man without hope.
But then again, you know what's Best for you so...

GO FIGURE!

Gracias !
wow i finally finished this story though late, cos its been months it was 1st posted, read a bit then but lost track.
Am going use this opportunity to thank God n my family for making me go through skul without much hassle. Though i was very ungrateful and angry then, simply cos my parents didn't let me move out of our home and live alone. They could afford it, we even have houses we rented to tenants close to my skul, but my parents refused vehemently. I only calmed down, when they threatened to stop paying my fees and giving me pocket money as well as maintainance money. Life is ironical, my parents paid my fees, gave me money for text books infact anything academics i needed was provided. Paid me allowance, yet because they made me live with them, i was sad. Looking back now, i think it might be blessings in disguise, cos if i lived alone, am not sure i would have finished with second class upper and second best in my dept. Civil Engineering for that matter, cos with the kind of flexing i experienced during my service year, i realised i wasnt as discliplined as i thought i was. Perhaps i would have been like my friends that struggled to graduate with second class lower due to too much flexing and women. Cos due to the fact i lived with my parents my flexing was limited. Anyway its all in the past now, i have all the freedom i want and am enjoying my life now. As for OP your story made me realize my dad was right when he kept telling me people are suffering and praying for what i have.
Am grateful to God sha cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by brightworld2(m): 6:41pm On Jan 15, 2017
thatsincerechic:
'Tracy.. This is errmmm forgotten her name self, the girl i told you about, the one that has been securing your bed space'
I didn't know what she meant by SECURING YOUR BED SPACE, but I cared less. SECURE wasn't such a bad word.
This time Tracy's countenance had changed from a welcoming lady to a defensive one.
'sorry oh, I'm fully back and I have no intention of travelling till the end of the semester and thanks for securing my bed space anyways'.
This time, Tracy was assessing me from my head to my feet and i suddenly became conscious of my hair which was unkempt because my buns was hanging loose, and my shirt which is still very much rumpled thanks to the satin material.. and Oh My God! my shoes! I thought aloud. My loafers shoes had been ridden with dust, while I was walking down the road with Andy after we left the eatery.
While Tracy was still assessing me, I recalled saying something like... 'No problem.. I will return back to my off-campus room which I share with a friend. I usually come here to sleep because my friend is not around, she travelled and is coming back next week and I hate sleeping alone'
I didn't care if they believed or not, I just needed to say something instead of staring like a dumbfounded Fool....

Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by ndat(m): 8:32pm On Jan 15, 2017
thatsincerechic:
I was inside the uncompleted building but I went in through the back entrance, dropped my bag on the floor, sat on the bag, my elbows placed on my knees, face on my palms and cried uncontrollably, cried like never before, cried like there was no tomorrow and I cried like I didn't care if I died crying.
Just when I had finished crying but still whispering like a child, I heard a broken voice behind me.
'woman, wetin happen.. Person thief your money? '
I didn't flinch a muscles and i was grateful that my reflexes aligned with my thoughts then I pretended I never heard the voice.
This time I could hear the voice in front of me
' hey! You dey hear me? '
There was no pretending because the voice was so big and i had goosebumps all over my arms
Then I lifted my face to see a short but tough looking man on shorts and singlet who should be in his thirties and i was just staring up at him blankly because I wasn't in the right state of mind to start explaining.
After about five minutes of silence, I finally broke the silence and said
'nothing sir '
This time he came closer, really close enough for me to see the pores on his face and i was terrified.
With a strong stench of marinara, he spoke into my face
'Why damsel like you dey cry? '
I could not hide the fact that the smell of the marijuana was unpleasant to me and I quickly answered
' menstrual pain sir'
'Menstrual pain... Shey na that una woman matter' he asked.
I nodded in affirmative.
'Why you no go house. You come here dey cry. Shey this place resemble your house? ' this time he was looking at my shoes, oh God my shoes again.
I quickly told him my roommate had travelled before I got back from class and that my keys to the doors had fallen off my bag and that I only came here to see if I could find it here because I took this route to class this morning before the menstrual pain started which prompted me to come inside the building to chill for a while because the pain became terrible. I also told him it wasn't possible to break the lock because it was an iron door (another lie)
'Okay.. Sorry ooo ' and he left me staring after him and thinking of what I had just said.
' So he left without saying anything other than sorry '
I said to myself. ' This is why I don't like confiding in people or telling them about my problems because many want to know just to satisfy their curiosity and not because they cared or they are concerned.
But I was proven wrong on this one.....
I strongly disagree with this particular part, why resorting to un completed building when u have choice of other structures within the sch.
Re: How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University by lAlAsTiCa2: 8:39am On Apr 01, 2017
this is why i advise people to attend good schools

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (Reply)

Uniben 2011/2012 Post-ume Result / Unilag 2017/2018 Admission Thread / FUT Minna 2013/2014 Aspirant Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.