Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,513 members, 7,954,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:01 PM

Why It Is Offensive To Give/Receive With Your Left Hand? - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why It Is Offensive To Give/Receive With Your Left Hand? (38269 Views)

Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' / "The Cleanest Street In Ile-Ife To Receive N100K Every Month" Says Ooni. Photos / What's So Bad About Using Your Left Hand To Collect Or Give Things? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why It Is Offensive To Give/Receive With Your Left Hand? by Sultan5(m): 11:43am On Nov 25, 2015
Bunch of end time people.
Hand is hand
Re: Why It Is Offensive To Give/Receive With Your Left Hand? by mikeakeh(m): 11:53am On Nov 25, 2015
prolly cuz God created our left hands just for decoration...
Re: Why It Is Offensive To Give/Receive With Your Left Hand? by gemale(m): 11:53am On Nov 25, 2015
jimohfarouk:
The Islamic injunction believes that the devil uses left hand, therefore, whoever uses left hand in doing things of any kind, definitely u are satanic.
Case in point. Kindly read my 1st remark. Do u understand dt being left/ryt handed is a function of neurological wiring. It is simply an exhibition of which 1 of ur 2 cerebral hemispheres is dominant in function . In dexters, it's d left hemisphere while in southpaw, it's d right hemisphere. Shikena.
Re: Why It Is Offensive To Give/Receive With Your Left Hand? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 25, 2015
On the third day, he seated at the right hand of God the father Almighty
Re: Why It Is Offensive To Give/Receive With Your Left Hand? by ODUBEZE: 2:52pm On Nov 25, 2015
It's culture! in some western world they use left hand to receive.
But here in Nigeria it is seen as a sign of disrespect most especially if it's from a junior to a senior.
Re: Why It Is Offensive To Give/Receive With Your Left Hand? by Nyceguy92: 8:22am On Nov 30, 2015
Temysteve:
Story 4 d gods

You go tell it to them.
I am sure they will understand it.
Re: Why It Is Offensive To Give/Receive With Your Left Hand? by Living4christ(m): 10:41am On Dec 01, 2015
because we use left hand to clean our buttocks after toilet, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
>
>
>
>

In other words it is a sign of respect, a the right is always an important part of anything.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Offensive To Give/Receive With Your Left Hand? by Healthy2Live(f): 9:37pm On Dec 27, 2015
Living4christ:
because we use left hand to clean our buttocks after toilet, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
>
>
>
>
In other words it is a sign of respect, a the right is always an important part of anything.
A sign of disrespect you mean
Is still base on our custom/tradition
Re: Why It Is Offensive To Give/Receive With Your Left Hand? by Living4christ(m): 3:49am On Jan 01, 2016
Healthy2Live:

A sign of disrespect you mean
Is still base on our custom/tradition

even when God is referring to important people or thing he uses right. e.g the goat to my left and the sheep to my right.
Re: Why It Is Offensive To Give/Receive With Your Left Hand? by Healthy2Live(f): 12:00am On Jan 14, 2016
Agbalagba e pe fun wa
Living4christ:

even when God is referring to important people or thing he uses right. e.g the goat to my left and the sheep to my right.
Re: Why It Is Offensive To Give/Receive With Your Left Hand? by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 15, 2016
Temysteve:
Well am a left handed nd i use my left hand to do anything i want to do. I dnt give a f.uck about any person who said its bad coz dats wat am used to. Also my right hand is used in the toilet na am nt ashamed to say it publicly

Well I wipe my ass with my right hand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba / 7 Nigerian Pioneers Who Made Nigeria Mega Proud! / Ooni Ogunwusi Dances At RCCG In Washington D.C - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.