Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,191 members, 7,818,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye (2031 Views)

Pastor E.A Adeboye's Prophecies For 2018 / 2017 Prophecies By Pastor E.A. Adeboye / Pastor E.A Adeboye Is A Murderer – Kemi Olunloyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye by tolustx(m): 6:35am On Nov 25, 2015
[img]http://1.bp..com/-EnI7VwWjpd0/Vk-EsUfMv4I/AAAAAAAAAOs/iKriTovA_zc/s1600/Image%2Bof%2BOpen%2Bheaven.jpg[/img]
THEME: REJECTING EVIL WRITINGS.
MEMORISE : Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; COLOSSIANS 2 : 14.
READ : COLOSSIANS 2 : 14 - 15 :
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
The prophecy that worked against Esau as firstborn was already in place before his birth ( Genesis 25 : 23 ). If you ever find yourself in a situation where there has been a negative declaration concerning you, rise up and fight! Do not leave your destiny to fate like some people would do. God can change any negative decree pronounced on your life and destiny. This is why Isaiah 54 : 17 says :
"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD."
You can condemn every tongue that rises against you in judgment. Has anyone used his or her tongue to place a curse or limitation on you, or has anyone pass some negative judgment on you? Don't just stand there! Condemn it, cancel it, reverse it and return it back to its sender! From today, no spoken judgment against your life and destiny shall stand! Every evil word spoken into your life or destiny shall be disappointed!
Your stance against contrary prophecies should not be limited to spoken words alone. Jesus has fully paid for the reversal, nullification or cancellation of every negative written judgment or pronouncement concerning you. Hence, Colossians 2 : 14 says,
"Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us which was contrary to us and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross."
Any writing done by man that is contrary to your destiny shall be cancelled in Jesus' Name! Don't just accept written verdicts that contradict God's will and word! When you go for a medical test, and the written result says you have a particular ailment, thank the hospital for their assistance, but take that result before God. Protest that result, cancel it and plead the Blood of Jesus against it. Stand on the healing that the Lord has already provided for you. What you accept shall become yours.What you steadfastly reject will move away from you. That sack letter shall become your confirmation letter; that letter of demotion shall become your letter of promotion, if only you can steadfastly hold on to God to effect the change. Have you been failing your examinations? Work harder on your studies, and reject the negative results in prayer. The Lord will turn your failure into success. Claim the good success that God promised you in His word, and it will be yours. From today, every evil writing against you shall work in your favour!
PRAYER POINT :
Father, reverse every evil spoken or written declaration working against my life right now, in Jesus' Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR : PSALM 27 - 31 AND PHILEMON 1.
AUTHOR: Pst. E. A. ADEBOYE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye by tolustx(m): 6:39am On Nov 26, 2015
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL.
THURSDAY NOVEMBER 25 2015.
THEME: THE GOOD SHEPHERD.
MEMORISE : I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. JOHN 10 : 14.
READ : JOHN 10 : 11 - 14 :
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
One of the earliest jobs that man engaged in after the Fall was that of shepherding animals. Abel was described as a shepherd in Genesis 4 : 2. The job of a shepherd is a difficult one, and it involves a lot of discomfort and sacrifice. Jacob's testimony in Genesis 31 : 40 should give you an idea of what it takes to be a shepherd. He said :
"Thus I was; in the day the drought consumed me, and the frost by night; and my sleep departed from mine eyes."
However, there are different kinds of shepherds. There are shepherds who do the work purely for monetary consideration: these are referred to as hirelings. The slightest inconvenience or threat encountered while watching over the sheep puts the hireling to flight. There are also regular shepherds, who show some care for the sheep and are prepared to take some minimal risks on their account. Beyond these aforementioned is the Good Shepherd. He loves the sheep so much that He can sacrifice anything for them, including His life. Jesus revealed Himself as the Good Shepherd in John 10 : 11, saying :
"I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep."
The reality of Jesus as the Good Shepherd assures us of God's tremendous love, care and compassion. The Good Shepherd is ever ready to accommodate any level of risk for the sheep. He takes time to get personally acquainted with each of His sheep. He knows their strengths and weaknesses, and on this basis, He is able to give them adequate guidance. He knows His sheep and calls them by name.
As a servant of God or as a leader in your God-given area of endeavour, you have been called to be like the Good Shepherd; but you can choose to serve God as a hireling, a regular shepherd or like the Good Shepherd Himself. How are you serving God today? How much risk are you prepared to take for the sheep the Lord has placed under your care? To what extent are you ready to serve the Lord without monetary considerations,but just for the sake of the love of Christ? Can any member of your flock call you a good shepherd like your Lord? As a shepherd, at whatever level you are currently operating, you can move forward to the next level. If you want the Good Shepherd to be everything to you, it follows that you must first be a good shepherd to those He has placed under your care. If you are doing your work as a good shepherd, you will never take advantage of the flock under you. While some pastors are thinking of how to improve the lives of their members and help them to become financially free, others are milking their members dry. What kind of shepherd are you?
ACTION POINT :
Adopt the attitude of a good shepherd in relating with those you lead.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR : PSALM 32 - 35 AND HEBREWS 1 : 1 - 24.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye by tolustx(m): 6:32am On Nov 27, 2015
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
DATE: FRIDAY 27TH NOVEMBER 2015
THEME: DO YOU RECOGNISE THESE VOICES?
Memorise:
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
John 10:4
Read: John 10:2-5
2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
On your way to Heaven, one thing you need to identify clearly is the various voices you will hear. Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 14:10, indicates the existence of different voices, each with its own character:
"There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification."
Virtually everything seen and unseen has a voice, but of interest to the success of your race to Heaven is the recognition of the following voices: God's voice, your own voice, the voice of men, and the voice of Satan and his demons. It is your duty to identify the voices that you hear, so that you can know how to respond appropriately. God's voice must be heard, understood and obeyed. God's voice can come audibly as a still small voice, through the word of God, from sermons, as prophecy, through dreams, in visions and through any other medium He chooses to use at a point in time. Obeying God's voice always adds value to the hearer, giving direction and upliftment. Every time you listen to and obey God's voice, you are saved from harm, given solution to a problem, divinely assisted, healed and blessed. God does not just speak; He speaks to His children for a good purpose. He could speak to warn you of dangers ahead. This is why you must ask God for grace to recognise His voice.
A particular brother who claimed to have been led of God, proposed to three different sisters, asking their hands in marriage. It is very clear that if he was ever led at all, he did not know how to recognise God's voice. John 10:4-5 states clearly that God's sheep know and follow His voice. If you are following a stranger's voice, it is doubtful you are saved; but if you are sure of your salvation, then it is pertinent that you learn to recognise His voice by paying attention to Him when He speaks to your spirit. This may occur while studying God's word, praying, worshipping or while in church. Learn how He speaks. Test what you hear as His voice with His word, because if it is truly God speaking, He will not say anything against His written word. In the same way, you need to identify the voice of the flesh, which will always want you to do things that will satisfy its lusts. You should also identify the voice of devils, which will overtly or covertly nudge you to disobey God or violate His word. You must acquaint yourself with God's voice from today!
Action Point:
Father, as Your sheep, grant me grace to
recognise Your voice at all times.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: PSALM 36-39 and HEBREWS 2:5-3:6
AUTHOR: Pst. E. A. ADEBOYE
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye by tolustx(m): 9:06am On Nov 28, 2015
OPEN HEAVEN DEVOTION By PASTOR E A ADEBOYE – Saturday November 28th 2015

Title:  SEEK REVELATION 

Memorise: That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: Ephesians 1:17

Read: Acts 16:25-34
25 And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.
26 And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.
27 And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled.
28 But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here.
29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,
30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.
33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.
34 And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house.

MESSAGE!
There is a relationship between information, knowledge and revelation. Information is a collection of known facts on a subject matter, particularly those garnered from cumulative experiential knowledge. There are pieces of information to help you in various areas of life. For instance, in marriage, there is a lot of information that can help a couple with martial problems to improve their situation, which can be found in books, tapes, CDs, DVDs, seminars and so on. As long as a couple does not access such information, it remains simple information, but the moment they take it, it becomes knowledge. The knowledge you receive but fail to act upon cannot profit you. If anything, it will lead to condemnation when the negative event that could have been averted through the use of that knowledge finally occurs. However, getting insight into how knowledge can be applied in solving a specific problem is dependent on inspiration, which is closely related to wisdom. Having knowledge is good, but having revelation in much better, because revelation tells you how to apply your knowledge to a specific situation you are confronted with in order to get the best results.

Take for instance the jailer in today’s Bible reading; by asking Paul and Silas what he must do to be saved, it shows he already had the knowledge that salvation was available, but he did not know how to get it. It also shows that information was available on salvation at that time. Although he had obtained the knowledge about salvation, he remained in the dark and joined the authorities to punish and oppress innocent citizens, because he had no revelation on salvation. When eventually he caught the revelation of salvation through Jesus Christ, He received Jesus into his heart and restituted his ways. He washed, fed and took care of the same prisoners whose beating and imprisonment he had supervised. As long as you remain at the level of knowledge, you are bound to make series of mistakes or take regrettable steps concerning certain situations of life. Today, many people have information but lack revelation. They acquire knowledge but do not know how best to utilise it. Being religious is all about having knowledge. That is why you find out that the most religious people commit the greatest sins. Beloved, knowledge is not enough! You need revelation. This was the essence of Paul’s prayer in our memory verse. Call on God to give you revelation concerning the things you know. Revelation links you with the purpose of a thing, in order to optimise that purpose.

Action Point
Religion fanatics like Saul of old persecute other religious people, because they have knowledge but lack revelation. Pray that God will reveal Himself to them.

Bible in one year: Psalm 40-44, Hebrews 3:7-4:7
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye by tolustx(m): 6:09am On Nov 29, 2015

DATE: SUNDAY 29th NOVEMBER 2015

THEME: PERMANENT CONNECTION

Memorise:

And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
Hebrews 1:7

Read: Philippians 1:20-21

20 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.

21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

For God to use you as a minister for manifesting His signs and wonders to the world, you must be totally consecrated and committed. In addition, you must be permanently connected to Jesus. In Philippians 1:21, Paul declared that if he would be alive at all, the essence of his living must be Christ. Many of us are still living for ourselves, our families and for others. Until you get to that point of deciding to live for Christ like Paul did, you may not be chosen by God for the manifestation of His signs and wonders. If you take a piece of hot iron and you drop it into a bucket of cold water, what will happen to the water? It will heat up immediately, but as the water gets warm, the iron loses its heat. If you are connected to the Holy Spirit and you became red hot, but then you later jump into the cold water of the world, you will still be healing, delivering people and casting out demons initially, but at some point, because you are no longer connected with the fire of the Holy Spirit, you will begin to lose heat until you becomes as cold as the world.

Have you observed the life of Jesus Christ? Every time Jesus performed a major miracle, He would immediately set Himself apart from men unto God on a mountain, in order to recharge His battery. You need to be permanently connected to the Holy Spirit. When a water heater containing cold water is connected to a power source, the water will start boiling after some time. If the water heater is not disconnected, at some point, evaporation of the water will follow. If after evaporation has commenced, the water heater continues to receive power, a fire outbreak will likely happen. This illustrates that as long as you remain connected to the Holy Spirit and His fire continues to flow through you, at some point, you will manifest His very nature, especially in the dimension of being a consuming fire. No wonder Hebrews 1:7 says:
"And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire."
God wants you to manifest His very nature. This is only possible when the link between you and the Holy Spirit is unbroken. How is that connection today? Do you once in a while dabble into sin? If you do, you break the connection and move away from manifesting as a flame of fire.

Action Point:

You cannot afford to lose your link with God. Consciously ensure you are permanently connected to Him.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: PSALM 45-50 and HEBREWS 4:8-5:10

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye by tolustx(m): 6:03am On Dec 01, 2015
DATE: MONDAY 30th NOVEMBER 2015
THEME: KNOWING HIM IS LIFE
Memorise:
But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness,judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.
Jeremiah 9:24
Read: Jeremiah 9:23-24
23 Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:
24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness,judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD
Life is not what many people think it is. It is not about financial or material abundance; neither is it about physical endowments. Life is definitely not about power, achievements or worldly wisdom. What then is life? Jesus answers this question in John 17:3:
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."
True life is knowing God and Jesus Christ. In today's Bible reading, God instructs us not to boast of our wisdom, might or riches. He said if we want to boast, we should boast in what we know about Him. When you engage in such boasting, the essence is not to flaunt your knowledge like some people do today; rather, it is to rejoice in the fact that God has revealed Himself to you to that extent. Why should you take pleasure in knowing God? Why should knowing God be something you should be proud of? It is because knowing God can do certain powerful things in your life and in the lives of others around you.
"And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits."
Daniel 11:32
By the revelation of God given to Daniel, we are made to understand that knowing God produces strength and exploits. What kinds of exploits are being referred to here? When you receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, and you daily increase in the knowledge of the Holy Trinity, you will not only have eternal life, but the life of God will also be channelled through you to others. For instance, you will lay your hands on the blind, and as the divine life flows through you to such a fellow, he will begin to see. When you pray for the barren, the divine life will cause her to conceive. This is life! When your life begins to bring joy to the lives of many others, that is life. The life of God flowing through you will make you the light of the world, causing those in darkness to see. The divine life will also make you the salt of the earth, giving good taste to a tasteless world. This life of God is not predicated upon the material world but on the relationship you have with the Lord. How is your spiritual life? Have you gauged your spiritual life lately?
Prayer Point:
Father, reveal Yourself to me, and help me to respond to You the way You expect me to.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: PSALM 51-56 and HEBREWS 5:11-6:12
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye by tolustx(m): 6:18am On Dec 01, 2015
TUESDAY DECEMBER 1 2015.
THEME: OVERCOMING BY PRAYER.
MEMORISE : And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation. LUKE 22 : 40.
READ : LUKE 22 : 39 - 41 :
39 And he came out, and went, as he was wont, to the mount of Olives; and his disciples also followed him.
40 And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation.
41 And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed,
The moment you gave your life to Jesus Christ, a battle line was drawn between you and the kingdom of darkness. Unhappy that he has lost you to God's kingdom, Satan's main goal is to secure your return to his kingdom. One major tool he tries to use in accomplishing this mission is temptation. The devil and his agents will bring temptations your way to make you to do things that would break your relationship with God. This is where prayer comes in. Prayer is one veritable tool that prevents you from falling into Satan's traps. This is why Jesus urged His disciples at the Garden of Gethsemane to pray. Luke 22 : 40 says :
"And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation."
When you pray, the strength to overcome temptations is released to you. A Christian who fails to pray will sooner or later become a victim of the tempter. The extent to which you will overcome temptations is determined by how robust your prayer life is. If you have been rising and falling so often, check your prayer life and the way you study God's word. If you can improve on both, you will experience more stability in your faith.
One of the modus operandi of Satan is to show you dazzling sights that could tempt you to follow him. In other words, he presents an object of temptation in a bright and attractive way; repainting an evil thing in brilliant and attractive colours. For instance, a prostitute is labelled a commercial sex worker, in order to support the excuse that he or she is simply trying to earn a living, whereas the essence of prostitution is fornication and adultery. In tempting people, the devil and his agents make sin look attractive and inviting, almost with an air of irresistibility. Prayer deadens these illusions by painting sin in its real colours. Every time you pray over an object of temptation, it becomes less inviting and less attractive As you pray, the desire to sin is brought under subjection. Through prayer, we obtain grace to walk in the reality of the truth that our flesh has been crucified ( Galatians 5 : 24 ). Prayer strengthens our spirit man and keeps the flesh where it belongs: crucified and dead on the cross of Calvary ( Romans 6 : 6 ). It connects your spirit with the Holy Spirit and separates you from the devil, by moving your focus towards Heaven and away from the allure of the world. How prayerful are you? No believer in Christ can triumph without using the weapon of prayer.
PRAYER POINT :
Father, please give me the grace to pray like Jesus prayed while on earth.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: PSALM 57 - 63 AND HEBREWS 6 : 13 - 7 : 10.

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye by tolustx(m): 6:38am On Dec 03, 2015
THURSDAY DECEMBER 3 2015.
THEME: THE HOLY GOD.
MEMORISE : But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel. PSALM 22 : 3.
READ : EXODUS 15 : 9 - 11 :
9 The enemy said, I will pursue, I will overtake, I will divide the spoil; my lust shall be satisfied upon them; I will draw my sword, my hand shall destroy them.
10 Thou didst blow with thy wind, the sea covered them: they sank as lead in the mighty waters.
11 Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?

Holiness is an intrinsic part of God's nature; it is His very essence. Everything about Him is wrapped up in holiness. His love, mercy, power, justice, glory and all of His character reflect His holiness. Every action of God is designed to perpetuate His holiness. When He exhibits love, it is borne out of His holiness. If He is angry, it is because of His holiness. When He judges sin, it is out of His holiness. In His dealings with all His creatures, whether in Heaven, on earth or beneath the earth, one theme rings out: holiness. No wonder the seraphs in His presence keep repeating "Holy, Holy, Holy". Isaiah 6 : 3 says this about them :
"And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory."
Similarly, Apostle John reports of the four beasts in Heaven who do not rest day and night as they chant :
"...Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come." Revelations 4 : 8.
In the same vein, Psalm 48 : 1 says God's mountain is the mountain of holiness, while Psalm 93 : 5 says God's house is holiness. His glory also is reflective of His holiness, hence in Exodus 15 : 11, He is said to be "glorious in holiness". Furthermore, in Isaiah 35 : 8, His way is called the way of holiness. As a result of these, it is very easy to trace God's address in Heaven. If you want to visit Him, simply ask for holiness way, mountain of holiness, holiness house, holiness throne, glory of holiness, and you will meet God Himself who is holiness personified!
If you understand how holy God is, then you will appreciate why He cannot stand sin in any form. When God called you out of sin, He called you into holiness. Jesus understands the Father perfectly, hence He used His Father's measure of perfection as the standard we should follow ( Matthew 5 : 48 ). In other words, we should blend into God to the extent that His holiness will flow through us. You cannot be holy on your own. Nobody can. But if you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, you are at the starting point. From there, God will give you the grace to be holy as you submit to Him, obey Him and flee from sin.
PRAYER POINT : Father, let Your nature of holiness flow seamlessly through me every second from today.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR : PSALM 69 - 72 AND HEBREWS 8.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye by tolustx(m): 7:00am On Dec 07, 2015
DATE: FRIDAY 4TH DECEMBER 2015
THEME: MEAL OF REMEMBRANCE
Memorise:
And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
1 Corinthians 11:24
Read: 1 Corinthians 11:23-25
23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
The Holy Communion is a very significant meal. Unlike regular meals, it is a meal of remembrance. When some people take this meal, they forget to heed the instruction in today's Bible reading, where the Lord repeatedly said "...this do in remembrance of Me". In other words, the meal reminds us of God's power of transformation.As you take the meal, God is saying to you:
"Remember who you were before, and what I have made you now; remember how you were dead in sin and trespasses, but the Holy Spirit has now quickened your spirit man. You were dumped and disowned before I received you and sealed you with the Holy Spirit. Remember how you thought you could buy salvation by being religious and buying things for your church before the Holy Spirit illuminated your mind and showed you the true way of salvation."
The meal of remembrance simply calls you to remember your past life and compare it with what God is doing in you presently.
When I consider just a few things from my past life, and compare them with what I see today, I cannot but be full of appreciation and gratitude to God, thanking Him for all He has done. Sometimes, while in the car, as I express gratitude to God, my driver would have to look back, wondering what is going on. Looking at my past, nobody would believe that I could become what I am today. After news about me reached the ears of my mathematics professor, he travelled all the way from Onitsha (South-East Nigeria) to the Redemption Camp, just to confirm if the Adeboye he was hearing about was that the same little boy whom he taught mathematics. The first time he came, I was not in, but my wife was; so he met my wife and asked her if I was the one, and she confirmed it. He later visited again, and this time around he met me. As we discussed, in astonishment, he kept on saying, "Adeboye! Adeboye!", and I replied "Sir". In all you do, don't forget who you were before the Holy Spirit took you up. As you take the Holy Communion, remember where you are coming from and where the Lord has taken you so far. See His goodness in your life and just thank and praise Him.
Action Point:
Reflect over what your life was before you met Jesus and what it is today; thank God for all He has done for you.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: PSALM 73:77 and HEBREWS 9:1-22
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye by tolustx(m): 7:01am On Dec 07, 2015
DATE: SATURDAY 5TH DECEMBER 2015
THEME: THE NATURE OF LOVE
Memorise:
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
1 John 3:1
Read: John 3:16-17
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
John 3:16
This scripture is often used in reaching out to sinners with the aim of winning them to the Saviour. It is a very well-known scripture, loaded with lessons, not just for reaching out to the lost, but also for those who have believed in Jesus Christ. From it, we learn that love gives. To demonstrate His love for the world, God had to give something. Giving is a means of expressing love. No matter how much you profess love, it may never be taken seriously until you give something. Also, we see that love gives its best. It is possible to give to a beggar without loving him. If you really love someone, it will be expressed through the quality of gift you give the person.
If we were to examine our claim of love for God by the gifts we give to Him, it would be difficult to believe our claim. Some people love God with their lips but not with their pockets. Some love God with their tongues but not with their hearts. The love some people profess to have towards God does not affect their substance, time or talent. How sincere is their love for God?
In addition, we learn from John 3:16 that love is sacrificial. God offered Jesus Christ as a sacrifice for the world (Ephesians 5:2). God had billions of angels but only one begotten Son. To redeem man from the slave market of sin, He could have chosen to offer one of His angels and not feel the pain of sacrifice, but He chose to offer His only begotten Son. That was most sacrificial! Giving the only thing you have is a huge sacrifice. Throughout eternity past, there had been no separation between God the Father and God the Son, not even for a second. But because of His love for us, while Jesus was bearing the sins of the whole world, God the Father had to take off His eyes from His Son (Mark 15:34). What a sacrifice! Do you love God? How sacrificial is that love? Can you afford to give your only car, house or even life to God for the love that you have for Him? When God considers your relationship with Him, will He see the true mark of love in it?
Key Point:
True love is measured by its sacrificial nature.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: PSALM 78-80 and HEBREWS 9:23-10:18
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye by tolustx(m): 7:02am On Dec 07, 2015
DATE: SUNDAY 6TH DECEMBER 2015
THEME: UNDEFEATABLE?
Memorise:
What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
Romans 8:31
Read: 1 Samuel 17:45-49
45 Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.
46 This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.
47 And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD'S, and he will give you into our hands.
48 And it came to pass, when the Philistine arose, and came and drew nigh to meet David, that David hasted, and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine.
49 And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth.
To be defeated is to be overcome by a physical, spiritual or circumstantial enemy. It could also mean failure to succeed or win in a war, contest, game or temptation. Defeat is usually accompanied with regret, sorrow, pain, shame and even death. It could also result in the loss of freedom, position, title, money and power. When Adam and Eve were defeated by Satan in the Garden of Eden, they lost their lives spiritually; lost their relationship with God, and their exalted position was gone. Out of deep regret and shame, they tried to hide themselves from the presence of the Almighty (Genesis 3:cool. Defeat is such a terrible experience that it can cause the defeated to conclude that death is better than life. When Samson, the champion of Israel, was defeated, he lost everything including his confidence and will to survive; so much so that he opted to die (Judges 16:30). In defeat, Ahithophel, the great counsellor, committed suicide (2 Samuel 17:23). I pray that you will never suffer defeat again in Jesus' Name.
Meanwhile, defeat can be avoided by trusting in the Lord (Isaiah 26:3) and wearing the spiritual armour prescribed in the word of God (Ephesians 6:10-18). The story of David and Goliath is a good example of what a Christian can do to become undefeatable (1 Samuel 17). David took a casual walk into the camp of the Israelites to deliver some bread and cheese to his brothers and the captain of their unit. He was not a trained warrior, neither was he in anyway prepared for the battle ahead. He only happened to hear the boastings of Goliath and was challenged by his offensive statements against the Lord. David's state of mind as he approached the battle is revealed in 1 Samuel 17:47:
"And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD'S, and he will give you into our hands."
David defeated Goliath by trusting in the Lord and by relying on the power of His word. In 1 Samuel 17:45b, David declared:
"......I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied."
In essence, David was saying: "If God is for us, who can be against us?" Are you living a victorious life or wallowing in defeat? Do you want to remain undefeated? Give your life to Jesus now, trust in the Lord with all your heart and be assured that as long as God is on your side, no one can be against you.
Prayer Point:
Father, please don't let me ever suffer any kind of defeat again, in Jesus' Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: PSALM 81-87 and HEBREWS 10:19-11:3
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye by tolustx(m): 7:05am On Dec 07, 2015
MONDAY DECEMBER 7 2015.
THEME: THE WAY INTO HIS PRESENCE.
MEMORISE : Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. JOHN 14 : 6.
READ : JOHN 14 : 1 - 6 :
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
The Lord Jesus is the way out of every unpleasant situation that anyone can ever experience. He is the way out of sorrow, sickness, death and embarrassment. He is Heaven's approved lifeline to those who are sinking. In any negative situation you find yourself, Jesus Christ will make a way out for you this season. Moreover, besides being the way out, Jesus is also the way in. He is the way into the presence of God. No wonder He told Thomas in John 14 : 6 that :
".....I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
One place you should long to be often is the presence of God. Every time you access God's presence, something good comes your way. The more you enter into God's presence, the more He causes His will in Heaven to prevail over your situation or circumstance on earth. As you enter His presence and stay there, a part of His glory rubs off on you; covering your shame and bringing you joy and laughter. God's presence is the place where you can find all the joy you need. In fact, your joy is made full in His presence ( Psalm 16 : 11 ). These are just some of the many reasons why you should ensure you access God's presence daily.
To go into the presence of earthly kings and presidents is not an easy thing. By the grace of God, I have had the opportunity of visiting a few heads of states and presidents of nations. The first time I visited the head of a particular African nation, it was a very instructive experience. I had to go through multiple security checks. At the point of entry, there was security check. At the general reception, there was another security check. At the special reception, another check. Getting to the presidential reception, I underwent the final screening before accessing the presence of this head of state. After going through all these checks, I concluded that it was much easier getting into God's presence. Thank God that all I have to do to get into the presence of God is to say "In the Name of Jesus". How often do you enter into God's presence with boldness by the Blood of Jesus? We are encouraged to do so in Hebrews 4 : 16 :
"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."
ACTION POINT :
The Blood of Jesus has made it easy to access God's presence; be thankful and give Him glory for it.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: PSALM 88 - 91 AND HEBREWS 11 : 4 - 22.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Pastor E.A. Adeboye by tolustx(m): 5:54am On Dec 08, 2015
Tuesday December 8 2015
TOPIC: BE MERCIFUL
Memorise:
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Matthew 6:12

Read:
Matthew 18:27-35
27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.
28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
29 And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
30 And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
31 So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

Mercy is an attitude of compassion, favour and care towards the unfortunate, afflicted and helpless. Mercy is an unmerited assistance that origi nates from
the divine attributes of God, and it is grounded in His very nature. Mercy is a special prerogative of the Almighty God Himself, and therefore may not be properly defined in isolation of His person. Psalm 86:15 describes Him thus:

"But thou, 0 Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth!'

Little wonder why in the Bible, acts of mercy are usually borne out of love, compassion, favour or grace. Several times, God's mercy is also described as enduring forever
(1Chronicles 16:34).
It is important to note that from the beginning, God has always applied mercy while handling human affairs. It was mercy that moved Him to make aprons for Adam and Eve after their sin caused His glory to depart from them (Genesis 3:21). Because of His mercy, He preserved Noah and His family (Genesis 7). The same mercy located Abraham, Joseph, Moses, David and the prophets. However, mercy was personified and more pronounced in the life and ministry of our Lord Jesus Christ. In all His interactions with people, the Bible recorded that He was always moved by love and compassion whenever He saw their afflictions and misery. Matthew 9:36 says:

"But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd!'

In essence, we are who we are in Christ because of God's mercy (Titus 3:5). Forgiveness, salvation, healing, deliverance, joy and everything we have in Christ are by the grace and mercy of God. So, as beneficiaries of His great mercy, we are commanded to show the same mercy to others. Luke 6:36 says:

"Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also
is merciful!'

God expects that His merciful dealings in our lives will move us to show mercy to others. Our Bible reading today paints a vivid picture of God's expectation of us as Christians, in relation to the issue of mercy. The master was displeased with the wicked servant because he refused to show mercy to his fellow servant. Above all, remember that obedience to the word of God is always handsomely rewarded; therefore, be merciful.

Prayer point:
Sweet Holy Spirit, fill my heart with Cod's mercy, and let it flow from me to my neighbours.

Bible in one year:
Psalm 92-99
Hebrews 11:23-12:2
Author: Pastor E.A. Adeboye

(1) (Reply)

It's Friday Again, May Allah Subuhana Wa Talah Accept Our Act Of Ibadah .amin / RCCG Prayer Points For 50days Fasting And Prayer / A Day Of Prayer For Nigeria Live From National Stadium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 184
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.