Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans (4621 Views)

INFOGRAPHICS: Messi Vs Ronaldo (2009 – 2013) / The Neutrals' Thread / Trade: Cristiano Ronaldo For Lionel Messi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by jalether(m): 12:18pm On May 25, 2009
personally, i think its quite obvious who the best is i.e messi

but there has been a wide contrast in views this season.

share in your opinion ( non man-u or barca fan i.e neutrals)

cos we expect man u fans to go for ronaldo and barca fans for messi

WHAT IS YOUR HONEST OPINION FROM A NEUTRAL POINT OF VIEW
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by eleshin(m): 12:36pm On May 25, 2009
and you think you are a neutral poster?
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by eyonigger(m): 12:50pm On May 25, 2009
Muki, please close this thread.
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by jalether(m): 3:16pm On May 25, 2009
as a chelsea fan yes
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by jalether(m): 3:17pm On May 25, 2009
@eyonigger, f**k u
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by allboyz(m): 3:25pm On May 25, 2009
CR7 once confessed himself that Messi has more skills than him . .

CR7 is better in Air. . . shot accuracy . . .and tends to go further . . .

Messi is classically dangerous . . he sets up strikers free . .he has the ability to drag up to 4 - 6 defenders at a time and then lay a perfect pass to his team mates . . i personally think . .he's major aim not to score goals . . .but play as a wide man.

for me i prefer Messi tongue
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by jalether(m): 3:43pm On May 25, 2009
@allboyz ,finally an intelligent answer, well analyzed
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by khanye(m): 3:54pm On May 25, 2009
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by tayoccu(m): 4:08pm On May 25, 2009
Messi
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by Sauron1: 4:26pm On May 25, 2009
Yaya Toure:

"For now, Ronaldo is No 1. He has so much power - just look at the goal he scored against Arsenal from 50m. And he is quick with the ball at his feet and strong in the air."

Gerrard Pique:

Ronaldo is a "more complete" player than Lionel Messi.
"Ronaldo is more complete in that he's good in the air, good at shooting and he's quick and strong".
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by mukina2: 4:28pm On May 25, 2009
Messi is a spirit

Ronaldo is a transgendered
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by Sauron1: 4:44pm On May 25, 2009

Q. WHO would you prefer to have in your team and why?

Graham Taylor: RONALDO is the better player. I don't use this word often but he is a great player. We have seen a young Portuguese boy come here and develop, which is great. He has more end product than Messi.

Paul Parker: I'M a big fan of Messi. He beats people without pace and drops his shoulder and makes it all look so easy. They are both great players but Messi is slightly easier on the eye.

Jason Roberts: RONALDO because he's master of many things. He can create, he can score, he's excellent at those stunning long-range free-kicks. For a winger to get as many goals as he does is phenomenal.

Frank McLintock: WOW, that's a toughie. It's like asking if you would want Pele or Maradona. Both are unbelievable players and I'd sell my house to have one of them playing for Arsenal.

Q. WHAT are Ronaldo's real strengths?

GT: THE way he keeps the ball and his end product. He scored 42 goals last season and that was unbelievable. He is the man for the big stage and I can't wait to watch him in the Rome final.

PP: QUITE simply his pace is the strength of his game. He needs it to beat players and it gives him stature. This is the one area where I consider he has the edge over the slightly built Messi.

JR: FOR me Ronaldo is the complete article. His goalscoring last year was exceptional and he's beginning to catch the bug again now. He can turn a game with those unstoppable free-kicks.

FM: HE is good in the air, he can beat defenders with pace and tricks and he can score goals. Bags of goals. And not only from open play but from set-pieces with his fantastic free-kicks.

Q. AND what are the Portuguese star's weaknesses?

GT: I JUST can't see one. It is easy to speak about diving, but if he doesn't jump out of the way quickly enough he will break a leg. He really does not have a weakness - but you can always improve.

PP: HIS petulance. Sometimes he is his own worst enemy and should smile more often. Every time he gets tackled he thinks it is a foul - but he has got the world in front of him.

JR: I DON'T think he has got any weakness whatsoever in his game. Probably the only thing the Portuguese superstar can't do is make a cup of tea whilst playing football. He really is that good.

FM: I HAVE to say the only weakness I can see is he does have a tendency to be a pain in the backside sometimes. But the rest of his entertaining play more than makes up for that.

Q. WHAT do you think Messi's real strengths are?

GT: HE can get through the tightest of gaps. When you watch him, surrounded by three defenders, you think he won't get through them. But somehow he manages it. His close control is sensational.

PP: HE is a natural street footballer in what he does and didn't get told how to play by coaches or from some soccer school manual. Everybody enjoys watching him play, he's so sleight of foot.

JR: MESSI is a fantastic little player. His pace and performances this season - up to the Chelsea games - and eight goals in the Champions League prove that for sure. I enjoy watching him.

FM: HE might not be as good as Ronaldo in the air but, apart from that, he can do everything the Manchester United player does. And the Argentinian has a better temperament than Ronaldo.

Q. AND what are the Argentine schemer's weaknesses?

GT: HE is so left-footed and it makes you think he lacks power in the right. If you can get him on the right side he won't be as effective.
Ronaldo is two-footed and that is what Messi needs to master.

PP: I REALLY can't see any. The only thing you might say is that he doesn't score against Premier League teams and that could come into the equation when he faces United.

JR: MAYBE he went missing at times during both legs of the semi-final. That was a shame.
He denied a worldwide audience the chance to see him at his best. Perhaps it will come in the final.

FM: THE only question marks over him are his performances against Chelsea when he did not live up to expectations.
But he is still an exceptional player and would be on any teamsheet.

Ronaldo is GREATER than Messi in everything.
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by tayoccu(m): 4:51pm On May 25, 2009
Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans

@~sauron~

you can read right?

just playing with you
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by eyonigger(m): 4:54pm On May 25, 2009
Big glory hunter he is, meant for neutrals only. poster I cnt be bleeped coz i aint got pusssy. grin
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by Sauron1: 4:58pm On May 25, 2009
tayoccu:

@~sauron~

you can read right?

just playing with you

Ooops, i didn't know Khanye is an Osasuna fan.
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by switch47(m): 5:22pm On May 25, 2009
MESSI!!
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by khanye(m): 6:49pm On May 25, 2009
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by Sauron1: 6:57pm On May 25, 2009
Leo Messi = Aaron Lennon.
Runs n dribbles with no end product.
Lennon coulda done better against Man Utd last season.
He was just romancing the ball outside the box. . . . . .He was too technically inept to breach the United's wall of defence.
Let's hope for a repeat performance in Rome.
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by dyabman(m): 7:10pm On May 25, 2009
no comment
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by jalether(m): 7:49pm On May 25, 2009
mukina, what do you ve against ronaldo, come make we yarn grin
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by jalether(m): 7:53pm On May 25, 2009
seems like messi is leading the vote
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by dayokanu(m): 8:59pm On May 25, 2009
MESSI.

Maradona cant head, Cant shoot long range, Was not the best free kick taker,

That means CR7 is better than Maradona?
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by Sauron1: 9:44pm On May 25, 2009
dayokanu:

MESSI.

Maradona cant head, Cant shoot long range, Was not the best free kick taker,

That means CR7 is better than Maradona?

Yet another idiotic comment.

Maradona was head and shoulders above his peers during his time.
If there was a player who scored 42 goals for his club, won them domestic titles and the champions league, he woulda been greater than Maradona.
Just because a candidate was the best in 1986 with 80% score does not mean he is GREATER than the candidate with 95% in 2009.
Make use of the frontal lobe of your cerebrum
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by kaypumpin2(m): 10:03pm On May 25, 2009
jalether:

seems like messi is leading the vote

Messi is leading the vote cos most of the voters are disgruntled EPL followers whose teams have been dealt with by C7. tongue grin

C7 is a MORE COMPLETE player. cool

It was once believed that he never had the balls for the big games but i will never forget his contributions during Man U critical moments in the UCL this term.
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by dayokanu(m): 11:24pm On May 25, 2009
CR7 vs Germany, France, Italy and Brazil.

A player who couldnt make top 23 of a tournament at his peak

Messi anyday
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by Sauron1: 11:28pm On May 25, 2009
Messi vs Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Columbia.
Whose team got beaten 6-1 in a world cup qualifying game?? grin cheesy
Messi ma foot.
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by dyabman(m): 11:30pm On May 25, 2009
ronaldo is an overrated piece of crap , thanks to rooney
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by Nobody: 5:15am On May 26, 2009
Messi is class no doubt,
CR7 is more of a complete player.

Think of it as choosing btw a
Mercedes McLaren
and a pimped out Mercedes McLaren.

Same cars, no doubt,
But one has been pimped out.
CR7 is the pimped out version. wink
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by dayokanu(m): 5:37am On May 26, 2009
Colombia, Chile and Bolivia are your idea of big games? PITY

When a player can perform in games against Brazil, Italy Germany and France but relies on Kazakhstan and Latvia to shine.

A player who went to a tournament at his peak and couldnt make top 23?

SHAME overrated piece of shit
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by khanye(m): 9:39am On May 26, 2009
~Sauron~:

Messi vs Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Columbia.
Whose team got beaten 6-1 in a world cup qualifying game?? grin cheesy
Messi ma foot.

brazil walloped Portugal 6-2 in a Friendly Match!
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by jalether(m): 1:10pm On May 26, 2009
think of it this way, if you are a defender who would you rather not

wanna face ronaldo or messi, ronaldo skills(stepovers) and stuff hardly works anymore

these days, can anyone honestly tell me how many times has cr7 gone past defenders these season

you dont have to be good in the air (maradonna) or score freekicks (kaka)to be the best in the world

i will break the bank to watch messi play all day, never a dull moment and plus he is highly influential

the statistics speaks for itself, neways we ll find out the real answer wed nite
Re: Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans by tkb417(m): 1:32pm On May 26, 2009
think of it this way, if you are a defender who would you rather not

wanna face ronaldo or messi, ronaldo skills(stepovers) and stuff hardly works anymore

these days, can anyone honestly tell me how many times has cr7 gone past defenders these season

you dont have to be good in the air (maradonna) or score freekicks (kaka)to be the best in the world

i will break the bank to watch messi play all day, never a dull moment and plus he is highly influential

the statistics speaks for itself, neways we ll find out the real answer wed nite
the statistics show CR7 to be a complete player while Messi a great dribbler.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Check Out Messi's Gigantic Trophy Cabinet / Liverpool Vs Sunderland (3 - 0) On 2nd January 2012 / EPL/UEFA/Int. Club Footie Poster Of The Year!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.