Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,239 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

The Neutrals' Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / The Neutrals' Thread (737 Views)

Messi Vs Ronaldo ( For Neutrals Only) I.e Non Man U N Barca Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Neutrals' Thread by medjai(m): 11:24am On Apr 15, 2010
I'm a Barca fan but I share the same love for Ajax, Liverpool, AC Milan, Fulham, Real Madrid, Wolfsburg(just Dzeko and Misimovic) and so many other teams so that makes me a neutral and believe me its the best position to be in ask Super Eagles supporters.
I love teams that play aesthetically appealing football while I watch from the fence. So we neutrals can meet here and discuss while the fans and fanatics die of heart break!
Re: The Neutrals' Thread by edoyad(m): 12:51pm On Apr 15, 2010
Nice concept. I used to be a gunner myself now i'm a supporter of good football.
Re: The Neutrals' Thread by dayokanu(m): 4:24pm On Apr 15, 2010
Nice concept. [b]I used to be a gunner mysel[/b]f now i'm a supporter of good football.

ANother GAYYner decamped shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Neutrals' Thread by edoyad(m): 4:55pm On Apr 15, 2010
^ sharap not decamped, more of metamorphed. You see i had an epiphany at 9:49pm Nigerian time last night, i've been inducted to a greater calling than just football fan.
Re: The Neutrals' Thread by slimshay(m): 5:23pm On Apr 15, 2010
edo. . . .abi were n se e ni? angry angry grin Get the fork up soldier!!!
Re: The Neutrals' Thread by dayokanu(m): 5:23pm On Apr 15, 2010
You never see anything, Just carry your badluck go join Lyon for the next 3 weeks
Re: The Neutrals' Thread by edoyad(m): 1:31am On Apr 16, 2010
slimshay:

edo. . . .abi were n se e ni? angry angry grin Get the fork up soldier!!!

slim better come and join me here, no stress. Have you watched 'where the wild things are' ? grin
Re: The Neutrals' Thread by Basics007: 9:54am On Apr 16, 2010
Love this concept but i know it's never possible to be a true neutral. U'll always have a soft spot for a club even if it's Kwara United.
I'm a Tottenham Hotspur fan. But I also care for Fulham, Werder Bremen,Valencia,Roma and Dolphins Fc.
So did i fulfil the criteria to be a neutral?
Re: The Neutrals' Thread by medjai(m): 9:37pm On Apr 16, 2010
hey my comrades in non alligned football followership, lets talk about the big one this weekend; the Manchester derby. This will be Manchester derby like never before cause the stakes are higher. United need to keep their fading title hopes alive and also turn around their poor run of results. City on the other hand are trying to amass as much points to cement their no 4 spot and have also hit devastating form; scoring 14 in their last 3 games. There is also local braggin rights up for grabs. I think this game will go to the hungrier of the sides but personally, i see it going united's way.
The worst thing that can happen to united now is to lose to city. They kno the title is a little beyond them but at least they can still claim to be City's boss. There is also the Tevez factor but what will help united the most is their mentality. They've been here before so they know the intricacies of these situations. United with a narrow win
i'll be back to analyze the Gunners or is it fire crackers game!
Re: The Neutrals' Thread by medjai(m): 3:55pm On Apr 17, 2010
Like i rightly predicted, a narrow win for United. The game was 50/50 but City threatened and look the more likely to score but like I said, United showed the mental toughness and experience which swung the game their way.
Mancini should have started Zabaleta for his overlapping runs and his ability to put in decent crosses. Santa Cruz should have been brought on too at some point to bolster their attack. Credit to United they knew what they had to do. It was their last attack,they knew they had to get it right, Berbatov brilliantly holds off 3 or 4 City players, plays the ball in, Evra with an equally brilliant cross and Scholes with the finish and that was enough to seperate the sides.
United with the Manchester bragging rights, a double over their city rivals and a 3rd win over City this season. Whats more? They are back in the race for the title while City would be hoping Spurs and Liverpool drop points in the race for 4th spot.
In the end a sweet victory for United and a cruel & undeserved loss for City.
Re: The Neutrals' Thread by edoyad(m): 9:02pm On Apr 17, 2010
Man U's goal came at such a crucial time in the match and it almost looked like City would be the ones to get a goal. Phillips lost the ball near the Man U and before you know it Scholes was putting it in the net.
The games against Pool and Tots will be deciding factors in this title race.
Re: The Neutrals' Thread by medjai(m): 1:39am On Apr 19, 2010
I couldnt give a pre match of the Arsenal game but if i had, i would have gone for a draw. Surprise result of the weekend, Wigan 3 Arsenal 2.
Well, Arsenal from the way they played, it is obvious they had ruled themselves out of the title race and really, they knew there was nothing to play for. Wigan on the other hand, needed the points to stay clear of the drop zone so to me, the game went to the hungrier of the 2 sides.
Arsenal even they were 2 goals up never really got going. Wigan as soon they got the first goal the belief came in and they put more pressure on Arsenal which eventually paid off.
Arsenal are definitely out of the title race. Mathematically, they are still in the running but realistically, it is the same old story, 'Next season'

(1) (Reply)

Monday TRANSFER GOSSIP From Europe / Wise Clubs Should Go For The English Iniesta Now! / Abou Diaby Out For 3 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.