Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,224 members, 7,836,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

How 14-year-old Student Kills Colleague During Fight - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How 14-year-old Student Kills Colleague During Fight (1252 Views)

Missing 14-Year-Old Akinnifesi Hellen In Niger State / Security Official Snaps His Colleague Fighting A Man In Lagos (Pic) / EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How 14-year-old Student Kills Colleague During Fight by abasifo(m): 12:46pm On May 25, 2009
Detectives at the Lagos State Police Command are now trying to unravel how a secondary school student killed his colleague during a fight.

The incident, which happened at Olodi-Apapa, Lagos, on Friday, was said to have caused a great commotion in the area.

It was learnt that two male students (names withheld) of Reservation Senior Secondary School, Tolu complex, Olodi Apapa, had a brawl.

The fight between both students occurred at about 2pm, shortly after the school closed and the students were on their way home.

It could not be ascertained what led to the fight, but the students were said to be on Ojoku Street, where the fight broke out.

During the fight, one of the students allegedly picked a big stone and threw it at his colleague.

The stone, it was gathered, landed on the stomach of the victim, who was already on the ground.

Our correspondent learnt that the unfortunate boy (also 14 years old) fainted immediately the stone hit him.

Sympathisers at the scene were said to have rushed the boy to Ajeromi General Hospital for medical attention.

It was, however, sad news for the boy‘s family when the doctors at the hospital confirmed him dead.

The corpse was said to have been deposited to a mortuary pending the result of an autopsy to be carried out.

Spokesman for the police in Lagos, Mr. Frank Mba, confirmed the incident to our correspondent on Sunday.

Mba said the police had arrested the culprit and he was still being kept in police custody until the outcome of an investigation into the case.

Meanwhile, it was learnt that the school and parents of the students were collaborating with the police to settle the matter.
Re: How 14-year-old Student Kills Colleague During Fight by Kinezeala(m): 9:07pm On May 25, 2009
The situation is critical
Re: How 14-year-old Student Kills Colleague During Fight by raven95(f): 9:46pm On May 25, 2009
like u said the victim was already laying on the floor when the stone got at him. That could be cause of various reasons, The victim might have been a little weak due 2 hunger before the fight, Since the fight actually occured immiediately after school. Concluding from the story we have at hand, i'll say that the acused is not guilty until the autopsy proves the contrary. But i'll bet that the acused isn't guilty.
Re: How 14-year-old Student Kills Colleague During Fight by Bawss1(m): 11:32am On May 26, 2009
The title is wrong, consider using classmate or friend instead of colleague. Student's don't have colleagues. cheesy
Re: How 14-year-old Student Kills Colleague During Fight by bblacky(f): 12:31pm On May 26, 2009
critical, but since d boy was already on d ground b4 d stone hits him, then probably the stone might not b d cause of his death.

@raven, i concur with u "The victim might have been a little weak due 2 hunger before the fight, Since the fight actually occured immiediately after school. Concluding from the story we have at hand, i'll say that the acused is not guilty until the autopsy proves the contrary. But i'll bet that the acused isn't guilty". dats exactly wat i think
Re: How 14-year-old Student Kills Colleague During Fight by AjaraEwuro: 12:31pm On May 26, 2009
Please boys, dont turn Lagos to London.

(1) (Reply)

Ebonyeyez Is Mouthed: Why? / If Nasa Sends A Pregnant Woman Into Space And She Gives Birth: Is The Baby An Alien? / Video : Man High On Drugs, Climbs Electricity Pylon And Gets Blown Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.