Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,824 members, 7,828,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

What Age Should Kids Stop Bathing With Their Parents? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Age Should Kids Stop Bathing With Their Parents? (1654 Views)

Brother & Sister Recreate Childhood Photos For Their Parents’ 30th Anniversary / At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? / Photos: 11 Bad Habits Of Children Caused By Their Parents Unknowingly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Age Should Kids Stop Bathing With Their Parents? by Bintus2much(m): 4:17pm On Nov 25, 2015
Hey People, out of curiosity am just wondering at age should kids stop bathing with their Parents? Please let's limit the context to Nigeria as it may be different in other parts of the world. I understand some parents don't even allow it at all. Please post your candid opinions with reasons.

Thanks
Re: What Age Should Kids Stop Bathing With Their Parents? by bigtt76(f): 4:21pm On Nov 25, 2015
As son as de boys dem blockos begin understand and the babes as soon as dem begin stare grin

Bintus2much:
Hey People, out of curiosity am just wondering at age should kids stop bathing with their Parents? Please let's limit the context to Nigeria as it may be different in other parts of the world. I understand some parents don't even allow it at all. Please post your candid opinions with reasons.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: What Age Should Kids Stop Bathing With Their Parents? by Geestarry(f): 4:21pm On Nov 25, 2015
Do you mean
When should parents stop bathing their children?

2 Likes

Re: What Age Should Kids Stop Bathing With Their Parents? by Slimzjoe(m): 4:22pm On Nov 25, 2015
Till the Child starts Getting Concious of his Body.

My Dad bathe me till I was 11 cheesy

But if you mean 'With your Parent', Are you supposed too atal
Re: What Age Should Kids Stop Bathing With Their Parents? by belamour(m): 4:25pm On Nov 25, 2015
With my boys... I have no reason to STOP

Wif them Girls.... 2 - 3years.. Cuz They get more inquisitive why we both have different organs down dere

3 Likes

Re: What Age Should Kids Stop Bathing With Their Parents? by Bintus2much(m): 4:26pm On Nov 25, 2015
Geestarry:
Do you mean
When should parents stop bathing their children?

Well not exactly that. Some parents sometimes out of love and care form the habit of bathing with their kids. The question now is when should this stop?
Re: What Age Should Kids Stop Bathing With Their Parents? by Bintus2much(m): 4:30pm On Nov 25, 2015
belamour:
With my boys... I have no reason to STOP
Wif them Girls.... 2 - 3years.. Cuz They get more inquisitive why we both have different organs down dere

I appreciate your candid opinion but don't you think your boys might grow up not learning privacy especially when it relates to nudity?
Re: What Age Should Kids Stop Bathing With Their Parents? by belamour(m): 4:41pm On Nov 25, 2015
Bintus2much:

I appreciate your candid opinion but don't you think your boys might grow up not learning privacy especially when it relates to nudity?

Actually I have no reason to take bath with my boys everyday cuz they got rooms of their own but i only emphasize about doing so if circumstance warrants that. Eventually i will still have to orientate my kids about privacy when they get to some certain age.

Shalom
Re: What Age Should Kids Stop Bathing With Their Parents? by 2sa2: 5:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
Fathers should never bath with their female children, mothers should stop bathing with the son when he is 1 year old but can continuing bathing with the females till she's tired.

2 Likes

Re: What Age Should Kids Stop Bathing With Their Parents? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 25, 2015
I really don't see why you should bath with your child of any age. It's very strange to me.

Is it because they have an outside shared bathroom and it's just easier to all go out and bath together all at once?

2 Likes

Re: What Age Should Kids Stop Bathing With Their Parents? by Bintus2much(m): 6:28pm On Nov 25, 2015
fem29:
I really don't see why you should bath with your child of any age. It's very strange to me.
Is it because they have an outside shared bathroom and it's just easier to all go out and bath together all at once?

There's no special reason why most parents would allow their kids to bath with them but you know children will always act as one and in a situation where a parent allows it once or twice, the child would always ask for it. Thanks for your opinion though.

1 Like

Re: What Age Should Kids Stop Bathing With Their Parents? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 25, 2015
Why would you bathe with 'em in the first place?lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What Age Should Kids Stop Bathing With Their Parents? by jashar(f): 10:31am On Nov 26, 2015
undecidedI don't think it's appropriate to bathe with your children in the 1st place.
Maka gini kwanu?
The parents can bathe the boys till they are old enough to do so properly, let's say 6 or 7 years.
Once the girls are 3, daddy should be excused from bathing them except his wife is no longer with him and he has no female relative he trusts staying with him.
My opinion though.
Re: What Age Should Kids Stop Bathing With Their Parents? by Rukkydelta(f): 4:16pm On Nov 26, 2015
Re: What Age Should Kids Stop Bathing With Their Parents? by Chumani(f): 7:36pm On Nov 26, 2015
when the child is ready for marriage
Re: What Age Should Kids Stop Bathing With Their Parents? by Exponental(m): 8:04pm On Nov 26, 2015
I won't allow it for once. either with the boys or girls. they don't have to stare not to talk of seeing the tool used for their creations.
Re: What Age Should Kids Stop Bathing With Their Parents? by Spark5(m): 5:22pm On Nov 27, 2015
It's time-out once you start hearing questions like:
"Daddy, what is this?" ...
"Where is my own?" (female kid) ...
"Daddy's 'thing' is bigger than my own" (male kid)
Final solution: Prevention is better than cure. Don't even let it start in the first place.

1 Like

Re: What Age Should Kids Stop Bathing With Their Parents? by Pidggin(f): 6:35am On Nov 28, 2015
I don't think parents should bath with their kids at any age.
Re: What Age Should Kids Stop Bathing With Their Parents? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 05, 2015
y should i bath with any of my kids...wats wrong with their bathroom. and should i be bathing with my kids or with my husband

bathing with ur kids is neva a display of love...bath dem and bath urself
Re: What Age Should Kids Stop Bathing With Their Parents? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 6:53pm On Dec 05, 2015
I have never done this before... Bath with my children is a big noo.

(1) (Reply)

Benefits, Risks Of Joint Accounts / A Must Have Health Kit For The Family / How The Presiding Judge Married My Niece's Ex Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.