Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,260 members, 7,822,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Effects Of Early Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Effects Of Early Marriage (15043 Views)

Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? / Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? / How To Prevent Divorce - Things You Should Establish In Early Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Effects Of Early Marriage by Rogo: 3:03pm On May 25, 2009
i have been thinking of the answers to this question. your responses very important
Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by ifyalways(f): 8:12pm On May 25, 2009
Early as in what age?
Effects as in advantages or disadvantages?
I married at 23 cool i dont know if that counts as early and it cudnt be much better. . .so so Plus,no minus. cheesy
Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by ikamefa(f): 11:25pm On May 25, 2009
prolly a slackened lipsrsealed shocked shocked shocked shocked

*runs away from thread* grin
Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by tope5000: 11:26pm On May 25, 2009
ikamefa:

prolly a  slackened  lipsrsealed shocked shocked shocked shocked

*runs away  from thread* grin

lol. . . .what excatly is going slack? grin
Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by Sissy3(f): 11:27pm On May 25, 2009
i can only think of one now---- which is being able to grow old with your kids IMHO
Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by MrCrackles(m): 11:30pm On May 25, 2009
ikamefa:

prolly a slackened lipsrsealed shocked shocked shocked shocked

*runs away from thread* grin

Ashana central! shocked cheesy
Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by ikamefa(f): 11:37pm On May 25, 2009
MrCrackles:

Ashana central! shocked cheesy

u well so? oko ashewo! cheesy
Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by Rogo: 9:24am On May 26, 2009
yes my big people, i mean the man 28 while woman 22, people are complaining that is too early for them to marry.

whatever advantage and disadvantage you think that can help intense of advice you can post

thanks

be right back in a moment
Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by JJYOU: 9:31am On May 26, 2009
Rogo:

yes my big people, i mean the man 28 while woman 22, people are complaining that is too early for them to marry.

whatever advantage and disadvantage you think that can help intense of advice you can post

thanks

be right back in a moment
if they cut thier coats according to siz e no wahala but be advised that marriage is one hard work. most of the pressure i think young couples face is finance.
Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by Phemour: 11:35am On May 26, 2009
It mostly happen in North.

12years old get married, three weeks after marriage husband gets another again. sad
Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by niyidrums(m): 11:53am On May 26, 2009
I believe something in life, and that is nothing ut DESTINY.your destiny in life determines a lot of things. the normal or minimum age at which a lady should get married is age 21 and for a guy age 24.

Marriage is not all about age but maturity and according to a prof. he defined marriage has managing incompatibility not compatibility. Meaning that individual came from different background now coming together knwing fully well that they are brought up with different characters, but the main thing is that if u know that u are not yet ripe for marriage dont go into it cos u may cry out of it, most especially females
Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by metche: 12:13pm On May 26, 2009
it has its advantages as well as disadvantages. But I think its more advantageous. Also it depends on the individuals that are involved, grin
Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by Emperoh(m): 12:19pm On May 26, 2009
Maturity is key
The picture poster painter is very very ok!!
Unless the guy's attitude is suspect, else they are very ready and an ok age for marriage!!
Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by dree1: 12:59pm On May 26, 2009
@ Poster,

I strongly believe it depends on the parties involved. Their maturity, commitment and of course love for one another.

I got married @ 22 and my wife 19, 7 years ago. We were working students @ the time. We didn't have our first child until after we graduated and working 3 years after marriage. I was 25 and she was 22, now we have 3 kids and done. We love ourselves and we have both grown to learn how to give 100% into the relationship, she is my best friend and confedant.

However, I will tell you what has helped us to survive over the years is our maturity, discipline,commitment,love for one another, hardwork and focus. I believe if you can survive your first 5 years in marriage without any problems then you can go all the way by God's grace.

2 Likes

Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by carnal: 1:45pm On May 26, 2009
she is back to shape when her mates at 30 or above are still struggling to put to bed.
Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by nethacker(m): 4:46pm On May 26, 2009
Phemour:

It mostly happen in North.

12years old get married, three weeks after marriage husband gets another again. sad
grin grin grin hilarious!!!!
Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by TeskyMan(m): 5:38pm On May 26, 2009
Whaooo!!!! What an interesting Topic. Everything in life has its advantage and disadvantage IMAO. I got married @ 28 and my wife 25. We have a handsome BOY now who clocks 2 in April 09. I can say it categorically that MARRIAGE has to do with a lot of MATURITY.MATURITY as it is does not have any relationship with age. Despite my age, i have grown up ones who look up to me for advice marriatally(am not being pround its just the grace of BABA GOD). I have been praying to God since i was in SS3 about getting married early. One thing i noticed is that MARRIAGE has to do with a lot of MATURITY in the part of the couple, there are challenges infact challenges that might want you to look back but once u can swallow your pride, i mean swallow your pride and u can SACRIFICE yourself for your partner, and PRAY together where u r a chriatian or a muslim('cos a family that PRAYS together PLAYS together) i tell you,the marriage willl excell but the problem is both the HUSBAND and the WIFE will always have an excuse to quit. 

Success of any marriage depends on the SACRIFICE we can afford, not by SHOUTING IT every now and then BUT BY ACTING IN THE SACRIFICIAL LOVE, these are what to be expected:-

[b]Sacrifice is about forgetting about you.

Sacrifice is about closing the door on your ego.

Sacrifice is about swapping convenience for inconvenience for the sake of your relationship.

Sacrifice is about acknowledging the fact that your spouse’s happiness is primary and yours is secondary.

Sacrifice is about accepting a view you don’t necessarily agree with for the sake of peace in your home.

Sacrifice is realisation of the fact that disagreements will arise, but they do not need to escalate to quarrels.

Sacrifice for women, is the realisation that no matter how strong-willed you are, your husband is the head of the home and should be accorded that respect.

Sacrifice for men, is the realisation that head of the home is not synonymous with dictator.

Sacrifice for women, is the realisation that ALL men are born with egos and when you try to compete with a man’s ego, the marriage is the sufferer.

Sacrifice for men is the realisation that her being married to you is a choice she made and it’s your duty to make sure she does not ever regret making that choice.

Sacrifice for women is the realisation that you cannot understand a man’s ego because you were not created to understand it.

Sacrifice for men is the realisation that women were created to be loved, not understood.[/b]

The problem is that so many people spend so much time planning their wedding, but not their marriage. And if you think a talk about a subject like that may be awkward, then maybe the relationship is not as strong as you think or want to believe it is. If you had issues with certain things before the wedding, why do you think marriage will change it?, Humm, I have been wondering about this issue for quite some time now. 

WHY DO PEOPLE SPENDING MILLIONS TO ENGAGING PARTY PLANNER TO PLAN THEIR WEDDING CEREMONIES?, CAN'T THEY SPEND SO MUCH ALSO TO PLAN THEIR MARRIAGES

FOOD FOR THOUGHT, I know my N/L people go start to dey abuse me now, peace out!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by cutemoses(m): 6:57pm On May 26, 2009
TESKY MAN, YOU HAVE SAID IT ALL. ANYONE WHO DISPUTES YOU WILL BE SLAPPED 30 TIMES BY ME. PEACE.
Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by dammizz(m): 8:03pm On May 26, 2009
Early marriage is positive. Its great for the planning of the family's future.
I've heard a old man complaining that he is sponsoring his children with his retirement due. had he married earlier im sure dis wouldnt ve happened.
It is medically proved also dat kids produced when the mother's already old would be as dull as jack. isnt dat somethn
Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by trhymes(m): 9:19pm On May 26, 2009
Nothing is wrong with getting married at age 18 ones you know
what is right from wrong and most importantly, you must be financially
okay.
The only effects is when there is no maturity, understanding or lack
of finances.
cool
Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 26, 2009
@teskyman.

Thanks so much for that piece. Permit me to share that with friends on facebook.
Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by nezerst(f): 11:41pm On May 26, 2009
got married at d age of 27 and wished i waited till i turned 31. The only benefits of getting married early is just having ur kids b4 u turn 35(even though u can have babies safely at over 40 with good health care system).
Whats d rush when u r prob gon get bored soon.
Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by tope5000: 12:07am On May 27, 2009
TeskyMan:

Success of any marriage depends on the SACRIFICE we can afford, not by SHOUTING IT every now and then BUT BY ACTING IN THE SACRIFICIAL LOVE, these are what to be expected:-

Sacrifice is about swapping convenience for inconvenience for the sake of your relationship.

Sacrifice is about acknowledging the fact that your spouse’s happiness is primary and yours is secondary.

Sacrifice is about accepting a view you don’t necessarily agree with for the sake of peace in your home.

Sacrifice is realisation of the fact that disagreements will arise, but they do not need to escalate to quarrels.

Sacrifice for women, is the realisation that no matter how strong-willed you are, your husband is the head of the home and should be accorded that respect.

Sacrifice for men, is the realisation that head of the home is not synonymous with dictator.

Sacrifice for women, is the realisation that ALL men are born with egos and when you try to compete with a man’s ego, the marriage is the sufferer.

Sacrifice for men is the realisation that her being married to you is a choice she made and it’s your duty to make sure she does not ever regret making that choice.

Sacrifice for women is the realisation that you cannot understand a man’s ego because you were not created to understand it.

Sacrifice for men is the realisation that women were created to be loved, not understood.[/b]

The problem is that so many people spend so much time planning their wedding, but not their marriage. And if you think a talk about a subject like that may be awkward, then maybe the relationship is not as strong as you think or want to believe it is. If you had issues with certain things before the wedding, why do you think marriage will change it?, Humm, I have been wondering about this issue for quite some time now. 

WHY DO PEOPLE SPENDING MILLIONS TO ENGAGING PARTY PLANNER TO PLAN THEIR WEDDING CEREMONIES?, CAN'T THEY SPEND SO MUCH ALSO TO PLAN THEIR MARRIAGES

FOOD FOR THOUGHT, I know my N/L people go start to dey abuse me now, peace out!!!!

Big AMEN to that cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by Babyboy26(m): 6:55am On May 27, 2009
This is very interesting indeed.

Marriage involves sacrifice.
Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by Olad234(m): 9:54am On May 27, 2009
However, I will tell you what has helped us to survive over the years is our maturity, discipline,commitment,love for one another, hardwork and focus. I believe if you can survive your first 5 years in marriage without any problems then you can go all the way by God's grace.
There's nothing like early Marriage! Enjoy the wife of your Youth, dat what the bible say.
Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by Rogo: 10:15am On May 27, 2009
thanks for all your responses there are 100% wonderful

the thread still continue because i saw it as one of the greatest lesson or lecture for this generation.

keep the ball rolling,
Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by NoFearNYC(m): 10:24am On May 27, 2009
I don't think marriage should involve sacrifice at all, not a healthy marriage anyway. But I am splitting hairs here, I think the word should be compromise, not sacrifice. Sacrifice often leads to resentment and bitterness, true compromise doesn't.

As far as early marriage goes, if both parties are mature, love each other, communicate effectively, respect each other, make compromises and are totally committed to the marriage, then it's all good.

Sacrifice: The wife wants to study ABC or pursue XYZ career, she totally gives it up to raise her kids and look after her husband. 20 years later she is bitter and twisted, mistreating her house-help, kids and husband, because she feels she has no real life/identity.

Compromise:  They both discuss what's best for the family, the wife decides to stay home and raise the kids, putting her dreams on hold. When the kids are a certain or the agreed age, the husband encourages the wife to go after her dreams. They grow old together, both fulfilled and happy, she doesn't withhold sex and they have a double-income.
Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by shawn123: 10:51am On May 27, 2009
My parents got married quite early. Today they can reap the benefits of 3 working children while they are still quite young. Mom is in her mid 50s while dad is in his late 50s. If u can and feel like getting married please go for it. Someone mentioned people do it more in the north, you might be right but funny people in the U.S.A and U.k marry quite early to, 22-27 range. Find out.
Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by dammizz(m): 11:09am On May 27, 2009
same with my family too. Four are workin already when Dad is two years b4 60. Isnt dat fun. But its only fun because He educated his children though he was poor. Early marriage is good as far as u ve great plans and intentions for the family. Peace out
Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by Phony200(m): 12:06pm On May 27, 2009
TeskyMan:

Whaooo!!!! What an interesting Topic. Everything in life has its advantage and disadvantage IMAO. I got married @ 28 and my wife 25. We have a handsome BOY now who clocks 2 in April 09. I can say it categorically that MARRIAGE has to do with a lot of MATURITY.MATURITY as it is does not have any relationship with age. Despite my age, i have grown up ones who look up to me for advice marriatally(am not being pround its just the grace of BABA GOD). I have been praying to God since i was in SS3 about getting married early. One thing i noticed is that MARRIAGE has to do with a lot of MATURITY in the part of the couple, there are challenges infact challenges that might want you to look back but once u can swallow your pride, i mean swallow your pride and u can SACRIFICE yourself for your partner, and PRAY together where u r a chriatian or a muslim('cos a family that PRAYS together PLAYS together) i tell you,the marriage willl excell but the problem is both the HUSBAND and the WIFE will always have an excuse to quit. 

GBAM!!! Me sef go marry as early as she says yes grin grin cheesy wink smiley and my pocket rate is high enough to contain three mouths. If the issues of accommodation and steady incomes are under lockdown by the spouses, I say amen to it. Nothing beats being able to dance properly without Ibuprofen at your last child's wedding, lol.
Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by sky02ng(m): 1:55pm On May 27, 2009
Hmm Nice Topic:

Marriage they say is an institution where u learn, tolerate, endure and ,

But to me, the bedrock of marriage should be UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN THE COUPLES, because every other things hides under UNDERSTANDING (sacrifices, compromise etc).

Once you are not biting more than what you can chew, and you don't smell what will choke you, there's no point not marrying early to have times and plans for other things. But as av said to avoid broken homes couples needs to UNDERSTAND themselves.

May God grant us our heart desire.
Re: Effects Of Early Marriage by ololomu(m): 6:58pm On May 27, 2009
early marriage is the best option for everybody. men should marry at 21, women should marry at 17. It is a shame and abormination for women in my culture to pass 18 years without being married. I am 20 and my wife was 16 when we got married. it is now 9 years and we already have 4 kids. It is a real joyful union!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Baby Is A Year Old Today. Celebrate With Her / Why Is Child Adoption Unpopular In Nigeria? / Hilarious Photos Of Men Shopping With Their Wives, Can You Relate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.