Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Advice A Sister Please - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Advice A Sister Please (807 Views)

Advice A Fresh Law Graduate Of A Nigerian University / Help A Sister Please / See The Sound Advice A Student Posted Last Night To Freshers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice A Sister Please by Dolcilicious(f): 5:22pm On Nov 25, 2015
I am a fresher i was admitted to study women development in the faculty of education.I was meant to study eng and literary studies because that was what i put in for(trust universities and how they can change people's destiny).I filed in a complaint in the school but i was told i'll have to do with philosophy,some people said work opportunities for philosophy here is slim.So please advice me,which has the highest job opportunity between philosophy and women development?Serious-minded people biko.
Re: Advice A Sister Please by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 5:37pm On Nov 25, 2015
Dolcilicious:
I am a fresher i was admitted to study women development in the faculty of education.I was meant to study eng and literary studies because that was what i put in for(trust universities and how they can change people's destiny).I filed in a complaint in the school but i was told i'll have to do with philosophy,some people said work opportunities for philosophy here is slim.So please advice me,which has the highest job opportunity between philosophy and women development?Serious-minded people biko.

Speaking from the realities of the Nigerian Job market, those two courses have little chances in the labour market. But in the 21st century, your course of study doesnt really matter; how brilliant and intelligent you are at solving problems is what counts. While in school you can begin to pick up skills you enjoy doing; since you like the literary and performing arts field, you can start writing and journalism, and even go to your school's radio station to join them, be proactive, converse and meet new people. Lastly try to graduate with at least a 2.1 , it would at least get you job invites in open fields.

1 Like

Re: Advice A Sister Please by Dolcilicious(f): 6:13pm On Nov 25, 2015
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

Speaking from the realities of the Nigerian Job market, those two courses have little chances in the labour market. But in the 21st century, your course of study doesnt really matter; how brilliant and intelligent you are at solving problems is what counts. While in school you can begin to pick up skills you enjoy doing; since you like the literary and performing arts field, you can start writing and journalism, and even go to your school's radio station to join them, be proactive, converse and meet new people. Lastly try to graduate with at least a 2.1 , it would at least get you job invites in open fields.
Thank you.
Noted
Re: Advice A Sister Please by fetrillion(m): 5:26pm On Mar 13, 2016
Dolcilicious:
Philosophy isn't bad.. God has his reasons for placing u there . be focus driven n flee from every side distraction. Graduate wif d best result cos dats wot will make u stand out.. Best of God
Re: Advice A Sister Please by Dolcilicious(f): 6:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
fetrillion:

Philosophy isn't bad.. God has his reasons for placing u there . be focus driven n flee from every side distraction. Graduate wif d best result cos dats wot will make u stand out.. Best of God

Thanks smiley

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Facts: Did You Know That..... / . / Ibadan State University Won The Nigeria’s Top Tertiary Institution For 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.