Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,538 members, 7,955,002 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:07 PM

At What Age Should A Male Child Leave His Parent's Custody? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Should A Male Child Leave His Parent's Custody? (856 Views)

Man Who Married 2 Wives In Order To Have A Male Child Now Has 6 Daughters. Photo / Husband Chases Out His Wife And Daughter Over Inability To Have Male Child. PICS / At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Should A Male Child Leave His Parent's Custody? by amzee(m): 10:19pm On Nov 25, 2015
This question has been a source of argument between me and my friends,so I decided to bring it to Nairaland to seek your opinions on it..I left my parent's house to rent a room with a friend at the age of 19.I got admission to a higher institution in the same state that they are and my house(off campus) is a 15 min walk to their house and I always visit them twice a week.My Mum and Dad were like you are too young to stay alone and we wont allow you to leave now.But I told them plainly that I just dont want to be under them anymore.I left at a time when the ovation was high,I dont want it to come to a stage when they will start saying"your mates are living all alone by themselves"(you know African parents nau).
Please Nairalanders I would like to know at what age is more appropriate for a male child to leave his parent's custody?

CC: Lalasticlala,Seun,Royalroy
Re: At What Age Should A Male Child Leave His Parent's Custody? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 25, 2015
As soon as he finds a job
Re: At What Age Should A Male Child Leave His Parent's Custody? by wtfCode: 11:26pm On Nov 25, 2015
when he realize that he's matured enough to take care of himself.
Re: At What Age Should A Male Child Leave His Parent's Custody? by Pidggin(f): 7:14am On Nov 26, 2015
It depends on your economical situation. If it cost you less to live with them, then do it. If you can afford moving out, then you are good to go (as long as you are 18+).
Re: At What Age Should A Male Child Leave His Parent's Custody? by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 26, 2015
When you can rent a house and take care of your financial and other responsibilities ...
Or when you are too old and dont want to take responsibility...

Maturity
Re: At What Age Should A Male Child Leave His Parent's Custody? by knightsTempler: 11:32am On Nov 26, 2015
I left my parents home at the age of 17 and since then i have never looked back and it has helped me to be the man i 'm today.
Re: At What Age Should A Male Child Leave His Parent's Custody? by oluwajjayfabric(f): 4:11pm On Nov 26, 2015
custody grin
Re: At What Age Should A Male Child Leave His Parent's Custody? by Rukkydelta(f): 4:21pm On Nov 26, 2015
10years
Re: At What Age Should A Male Child Leave His Parent's Custody? by Acidosis(m): 6:43pm On Nov 26, 2015
Immediately the paediatrician signs his birth certificate
Re: At What Age Should A Male Child Leave His Parent's Custody? by Welcomme: 9:25am On Nov 27, 2015
I left my mum's house wen I was 17 to cater for myself. Till now, anytime I go back there, the respect is always there from my siblings l. To me I think 20 is okay.

(1) (Reply)

A Baby Was Delivered @12:00am In My Area / Letter From WOMEN To The M.E.N / Weird Relationship With An Uncle, Should I Do Something?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.