Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,555 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? (19787 Views)

All Unemployed And Those Seeking For Job Can Now Get A Job Easily / FG Begins Online Registration Of Unemployed Youths / Unemployment: Categories Of Unemployed Youths Or People In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by waveskaaya(m): 10:06am On Nov 26, 2015
grin grin grin grin
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by ivili(m): 10:08am On Nov 26, 2015
Guys abeg make una wait make 5k reach una hand before una talk of data or capture.President Buhari said he wants to give out money to Nigerians and the Nigerians are asking how he wants to do it.Dont ask,just collect.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by afolayangs(m): 10:08am On Nov 26, 2015
If you work in an organised environment your personal income tax if paid by your employee to FIRS. which implied that once FIRS have your data you are not unemployed/ entitle.

Another problem will be definition of unemployed youth

1 Like

Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Ximonak: 10:08am On Nov 26, 2015
alfa0:
i want to state with dismay that our youths have misplaced priority and at this time wants to sell their birth right if they accept this 5000 Naira.

i believe this should bring every reasonable youth in this country-NIGERIA back to his or her feet.why would you collect just 5000 Naira monthly from people we entrusted our resources .

collect this 5000 naira and sell your future and the future of your children. A word is enough for the wise

FG can still be creating jobs and giving the 5k pending when their the nation unemployment rate reduce at a higher percentage...

Am not in support of this 5k, because the systematic corrupt foundation is still not redressed. Ghost unemployed youths go many

1 Like

Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Ximonak: 10:13am On Nov 26, 2015
afolayangs:
If you work in an organised environment your personal income tax if paid by your employee to FIRS. which implied that once FIRS have your data you are not unemployed/ entitle.

Another problem will be definition of unemployed youth
those organised firms use contract staffs that's how they manipulate the numbers of staffs but the firm's will still remove it from the staffs and will not remit because you are not a staff,

so how would FIRS know if I am employed
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Bollinger(m): 10:14am On Nov 26, 2015
zieraw2005:
Hello Nairalanders, I have been wondering about the recent trends and campaign promise made by Federal government to Pay Nigerian teaming unemployed Youths 5k monthly without foul play? this 5k of a thing seems not feasible to me.

The process of Gathering data alone would be defeated as political bigwigs would hijack it and favour only those fanning them.

Please drop your view below cos I want to register but don't know where to start or how to go about it.

I have almost shouted myself hoarse about this issue on NL. Most just hear "5k" and they lose all sense of reasoning. It can never work. Not with the infrastructure on ground. All they will do if they implement it, is create another avenue for looting funds. Want another head cracker? How will the government sustain it? Nobody is asking that question. The govt can't even pay salaries for God's sake. In America, when you are born, or become a citizen/resident, you are issued a number which follows you till the day you die. This number is relevant from going to school to buying a car. It identifies you to pretty much everything you do in life. So, if the government wanted to help the unemployed, all they need to do is pull up your number and it will tell if you have a job or not. Too easy. Say you are looking for a job, the first thing that is asked of you is your number which the company will input into their system which the government can access at anytime. It makes everyone's life so much easier. Until Nigeria implements something like this, all talk of social welfare should be put in the back burner. The govt does not even know how many unemployed live on a street and they want to track the whole country. Well, good luck with that.

3 Likes

Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by babaoloola(m): 10:15am On Nov 26, 2015
Vanquay:
When a bunch of intellectually Retarded individuals create obscene platforms and queer solutions to their Planks then such implementation of their policies are destined to be riddled with Achilles heels lipsrsealed

in other words...

Lolz
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by unilagfreshest(m): 10:17am On Nov 26, 2015
Any wich way, thr will still b scam. Either through CBN, LGA, STATES, Schools. Bt wait is d money 4 unemployed youth, or unemployed graduate? If it's d former , who will certify daat a nigga is unemployed, wen he has a shop worth millions of naira? If it's latter (let's assume through NYSC) so immediately I finish service I will start getting it (through thr database), wen I starts working, hw will dey know? Through my employer? If I hear.. so which way APC or Buhari? Den don't forget dos wu will enrich demselves tru d loopholes.. stiil round pegs in square holes..#my take cancel it.. nd create jobs for all.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by dwesternmall: 10:19am On Nov 26, 2015
dwesternmall
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by harristo(m): 10:20am On Nov 26, 2015
zieraw2005:
Hello Nairalanders, I have been wondering about the recent trends and campaign promise made by Federal government to Pay Nigerian teaming unemployed Youths 5k monthly without foul play? this 5k of a thing seems not feasible to me.

The process of Gathering data alone would be defeated as political bigwigs would hijack it and favour only those fanning them.

Please drop your view below cos I want to register but don't know where to start or how to go about it.

So una don dey ready for the 5k be that. grin

chymystique:
Which Data? Guy you don enter one chance o if you waiting for the 5k! BTW, as of today 5k cant even be enough for feeding. Lol... Believe anything APC says @ your own peril.. APC is SCAM!
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Acidosis(m): 10:23am On Nov 26, 2015
So if an unemployed gets paid in November, and receives an appointment letter in December from a Private firm, what happens?

How about the self-employed and freelance folks?

This 5k hand-out won't work.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by gurunlocker: 10:24am On Nov 26, 2015
That is another step of scam (second format), we don't have database, even if we do, if someone get the 5k this month and get employed next month, how will they know and solve that? Are they even supporting unemployment? the money you should use in creating job, you wanna use it to enrich some already rich people pocket.

This government is a scam, only gullible and hopeless supporters will await this tho.

1 Like

Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 26, 2015
5k too small la, they shud mek it lyk 500k monthly, den I might consider
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 26, 2015
Very easy! The same way we were mobilized to vote is the same all graduates with NYSC discharge cert shud be mobilized.

Moreover, govt facility shud learn to retain competent corp members who served with them.

How do u expect a corpmember to serve in a ministry(for instance) and after serving he/she starts folloing yeye protocols to get that same job he/she has been doing.

Well, thank God for me...I was retained with no interview and I'm now in level 9.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by alfa0: 10:29am On Nov 26, 2015
CountDracula:

1st of, if I collect 5k it doesn't mean am sellin any birth right... If u don't collect it, someone else will, it myt b ur governor or a senator or a minister, someone else will collect it... 2nd, u made a rather flawed assumption, u said smthng abt creation of jobs! Are u expectin d government to create jobs for u? Pls I fail to see wat 5k and job creation by d government has to do wit each other... Can u explain urself in a more detailed manner?

Well, i do not like to argue on the internet,but i must say this and it might be my final word on this.
i graduated exactly,2005 from federal University of Technology ,Owerri. (FUTO). I searched for job just for few months and i told myself i cant do this.i am happily and comfortably self employed. As i speak i have few Nigerian youths i pay salary monthly,

Having said this,Its a choice to mortgage your future OR NOT.Its entirely in our hands.

1 Like

Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by reuben79: 10:29am On Nov 26, 2015
I think its true pencom
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Tex42(m): 10:31am On Nov 26, 2015
Op help me ask APC o!... Anyway, this '5k thing' is a farce, I am sure Naijas never bought that promise cum lie manufactured from hell.

Who them Wan pay? Trust naija naw, b4 u know am the population of Naija go don triple(just those wey enroll as unemployed) on top the 5k matter. Expect ghost unemployed...

1 Like

Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 26, 2015
Acidosis:
So if an unemployed gets paid in November, and receives an appointment letter in December from a Private firm, what happens?

How about the self-employed and freelance folks?

This 5k hand-out won't work.
very easy! The place of new job,ofcos will have to verify the NYSC cert to know if its fake, in the process of doing that...a letter will be issued saying that the person now has a job.

In other words, if a company/office fails to do that and it pans over a period of time then the office will have to pay for the expended period plus a fine.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Emeka71(m): 10:35am On Nov 26, 2015
This will provide another avenue for guys to catch fun.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by petermichaels(m): 10:43am On Nov 26, 2015
wat a clueless agenda frm a clueless government. Wat a shame. Feed childrn in schools first and c hw u cn make dat work. Create jobs not gv us meager 5000naira wen fuel alone go chop 3000. Wich one house wan chop? I beg go die wit yor 5k
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by kozmokaz(m): 10:45am On Nov 26, 2015
not unemployed youths.... buh unemployed graduates!!!

trust me ... d north will really not like dis ... cux dey have a very high number of u drop outs!

d fed government should not b biased in dis case ooo .... only unemployed graduates will b paid!!! not unemployed youths!
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by GeoOla25(m): 10:46am On Nov 26, 2015
As for me , I am not in support of any 5k peanut, I will prefer that the FG uses this billions of naira to create industries that will aid local productions, which will help the situations on the devaluation Naira in the Global market by reducing the imported good values,
Also an industries created will be able to employ thousands of graduates , even if at the beginning their take home is less than 30k monthly, with continuity of this process unemployment will be eradicated drastically.
Furthermore we live in a country we corrupt practice is inevitable, I foresee if 5k SSI is giving out, it will be an opportunities for all this communist to embezzle our funds.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by chuckdee4(m): 10:49am On Nov 26, 2015
Nigeria is not data driven on any level. Even with bvn, identity management card and mobile phone registration the system is not good enough to identify unemployed graduates.
When countries were spending money collecting data we were busy embezzling money. We need to address issues in the right order, starting from power
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Lytech(m): 10:56am On Nov 26, 2015
alfa0:
i want to state with dismay that our youths have misplaced priority and at this time wants to sell their birth right if they accept this 5000 Naira.

i believe this should bring every reasonable youth in this country-NIGERIA back to his or her feet.why would you collect just 5000 Naira monthly from people we entrusted our resources .

What happened to creation of jobs that will give youths more than this humiliating 5000 Naira per month. There is this adage that says "Don't give me fish rather teach me how to fish"

collect this 5000 naira and sell your future and the future of your children. A word is enough for the wise.

NOTE: i do not belong to any political party,its just how i feel .
you dont belong to a political party bt you are gainfully employed.what different will it make if we dont collect the money,dose that mean they will use that to creat job or what:NO.you are talking trash.becoz u dont knw d pain we unemployed graduate are facing........
My opinion is : govt shld use d money to subsidize feul price back to 40naira per litre,make loan available to unemployed graduate(use our NYSC certificate as collateral),use the remaining to fix our electricity,by then common man will leave you with your job and be self employed.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by dustydee: 11:00am On Nov 26, 2015
zieraw2005:

BVN . . . Each unemployed youth will have a BVN. With that the only thing left is for the government to find out those who are unemployed. I do not expect them to "dash" them the money but demand a level of community service. That way it will be difficult to hold a job and claim benefits as well. Also, they can monitor the extra funds going beneficiaries bank account that indicate that they are employed or engaged in some form of business.

1 Like

Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by AhmedInusa: 11:00am On Nov 26, 2015
Text APC to 419 tongue tongue
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by engrhorla(m): 11:00am On Nov 26, 2015
Let me read some comments first b4 I com bk to giv my opinion

Nice comments so far!

From what I have read, I do hope these comments were not made by youths
I believe every youth should kick against this idea 100%.
The idea is dead on arrival.
Why? It is barbaric, retrogressive, unnecessary, crippling and absolutely baseless.

Do you know that about 50% of jobless youths are ND,HND or degree holders..what will thses use 5000naira for

My solution.
Teach d jobless how to fish, don't give them fish!
D jobless needs data, review datat charges. They need to call, review call tariffs. They need electricity, improve power. They need to travel for interviews, make road, rail and air travel cheaper and safer.
When these are done, Nigerians are not lazy they will maximise radically the opportunities.
Investors will emerge both locally and internationally, not these going to US, France,Iran, Malta etc

These acts will indirectly put money in the pockets of the jobless youths.

Of course, this opinion is opened to criticism of any form

1 Like

Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by alfa0: 11:00am On Nov 26, 2015
Lytech:

you dont belong to a political party bt you are gainfully employed.what different will it make if we dont collect the money,dose that mean they will use that to creat job or what:NO.you are talking trash.becoz u dont knw d pain we unemployed graduate are facing........
My opinion is : govt shld use d money to subsidize feul price back to 40naira per litre,make loan available to unemployed graduate(use our NYSC certificate as collateral),use the remaining to fix our electricity,by then common man will leave you with your job and be self employed.

A typical Nigerian youth- He channels his energy insulting people that did not contribute to his frustration,instead of channeling his anger to the right quarters.

NB:Government NEVER gave me loan to start my business,I fought it out myself.And am happy i did.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by Haryohdeji(m): 11:01am On Nov 26, 2015
zieraw2005:

all I know is that it can't be possible. Cox Dos working in some local private sector will b claiming of unemployment nt to talk of dos working on contact basis.
Re: 5K: How Will Federal Government Capture Data Of All Unemployed Youths? by rodeo0070(m): 11:03am On Nov 26, 2015
Simple, the each bank will provide Bio-data of respective Salary accounts of firms...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When One Applicant Refused To Be Refused By That Company Again / Massive Vacancies At FHI 360: Apply Now!!! / This Nigerians In My Office Sef..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.