Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Export Advice Needed. - Business To Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / Export Advice Needed. (876 Views)

Buses For Goods Only; Advice Needed / Your Urgent Advice Needed On The Most Suitable Bank To Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Export Advice Needed. by patr007: 6:27pm On Nov 26, 2015
I made entry into the agricultural produce export business some months back because It has always been a dream of mine to engage in international trade by way of exporting locally produced Nigerian crops.

And so far so good, what I have seen on business / agricultural threads here have been so inspiring and motivating to me. But I seem to have a persisting problem with dealing with prospective buyers whom had shown interest in my advertised products. The challenge is that I seem not to get my calculations right when it comes to preparing a price quotation for my product.

What I usually do is that I sum up export expenses(cost of product, labour, Haulage, shipping cost, customs fee etc) in 20 or 40 Tonnes depending on the quality needed by buyer, and finally divide by the number of Tonnes. Is this the way to go about it?

Please any useful advice is highly welcomed.

Also I search credible and efficient agricultural supplies with cheap prices for Cassava chips, Groundnut(shelled), plantain, melon seed etc.

Thanks in advance.

Mobile and whatsapp : 08034705333
Re: Export Advice Needed. by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 30, 2015
Re: Export Advice Needed. by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 30, 2015
patr007:
I made entry into the agricultural produce export business some months back because It has always been a dream of mine to engage in international trade by way of exporting locally produced Nigerian crops.

And so far so good, what I have seen on business / agricultural threads here have been so inspiring and motivating to me. But I seem to have a persisting problem with dealing with prospective buyers whom had shown interest in my advertised products. The challenge is that I seem not to get my calculations right when it comes to preparing a price quotation for my product.

What I usually do is that I sum up export expenses(cost of product, labour, Haulage, shipping cost, customs fee etc) in 20 or 40 Tonnes depending on the quality needed by buyer, and finally divide by the number of Tonnes. Is this the way to go about it?

Please any useful advice is highly welcomed.

Also I search credible and efficient agricultural supplies with cheap prices for Cassava chips, Groundnut(shelled), plantain, melon seed etc.

Thanks in advance.

Mobile and whatsapp : 08034705333
In respect to your question,It quiet simple base on buyer demand(kg and Metric tons)
E.g
Thus:

Cost of Product-----100,000
Cost of Labor_______20,000
Cost of mobility to port_________15,000
Cost of shipping(documents etc)___________65,000

Grand Total =200,000

You now decide how much you wish to make as your profit.

But if your buyer has a basic price he or she willing to pay......then calculate e.g

Buyer price_______248,000
Your Total Expensed_________200,000

Your profit will now be_____248,000
Therefore your Total ROI is 48,000.

(1) (Reply)

Non Collateral Loan For Salary Workers (private & Public Workers) / Certified Customer Service Delivery Professional Qualification (USA) / Poultry Is One Among The Best Business Start Today Check This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.