Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,465 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

How We Built "The Coffee Shop" - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How We Built "The Coffee Shop" (19808 Views)

From Foundation 2 Pre Roofing Parapet Cast See What We Built 4a PH Based Client / From Foundation To Completion, Pictures Of What We Built For A UK Based Client / How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by 5p1naz(m): 7:05pm On Nov 26, 2015
I welcome you guys to this topic on how we built the wonderful coffee shop. i was in my office corner working on a design when i received a call from this wonderful client, he had seen MY CONTAINER HOUSING DESIGN and asked if i could use a shipping container to build a coffee shop for his fiancee.

i had built houses with cement blocks and MY CONTAINER HOUSING DESIGN had only been on paper, so this was a challenge for me to make it plausible and at the same time aesthetically pleasing.

PROJECT: The Coffee Shop
CLIENT: A Young Man grin
DESIGN TEAM: D'Headstone
CONTRACTOR: D'Headstone
DURATION: 2 Months

A brief Summary

Total Area: 45 sqm
Buildable Area: 15 sqm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by 5p1naz(m): 7:22pm On Nov 26, 2015
i started taking pictures a bit late so i don't have pictures of how we started from the foundation.

At this stage, we had already finished the foundation, we brought the 20ft shipping container to site, a day after, it was carefully placed on the foundation wall with precision. The next day the welders started work on the container by cutting doorways and windows in it.

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 26, 2015
Did you remove the container floor?
Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by 5p1naz(m): 8:17pm On Nov 26, 2015
EgunMogaji:
Did you remove the container floor?

Yes we did. The container was old and the wooden floor was in bad shape. We also took out the floor beams because they weren't in good shape. But they will be replaced.
Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 26, 2015
5p1naz:

Yes we did. The container was old and the wooden floor was in bad shape. We also took out the floor beams because they weren't in good shape. But they will be replaced.

Okay I'm watching this as I have high interest on container housing.

1 Like

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by Nobody: 2:41am On Nov 27, 2015
If this does not make front page then my suspicions would get confirmed that this forum is anti-intellectual.

3 Likes

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by mufutau55(m): 6:53pm On Nov 27, 2015
Will also be nice to know the cost, if your Client gives permission. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by laudate: 11:10pm On Nov 27, 2015
mufutau55:
Will also be nice to know the cost, if your Client gives permission. Thanks.

Hajji M.

Yes, please. So would I! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by spyder880(m): 6:21am On Nov 28, 2015
5p1naz:
i started taking pictures a bit late so i don't have pictures of how we started from the foundation.

At this stage, we had already finished the foundation, we brought the 20ft shipping container to site, a day after, it was carefully placed on the foundation wall with precision. The next day the welders started work on the container by cutting doorways and windows in it.

The foundation walls are made of blocks, or did you cast it with concrete? I am also following this one keenly.
Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by 5p1naz(m): 2:53am On Dec 04, 2015
Thank you guys for you interest in this project. i have been quite busy as the deadline for completion of this project is near. but update will come in anytime i get the time.
Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by Nobody: 2:54am On Dec 04, 2015
5p1naz:
Thank you guys for you interest in this project. i have been quite busy as the deadline for completion of this project is near. but update will come in anytime i get the time.

Excellent.

I especially want to see how you combat the heat issue.

I'm in the market to buy an affordable 40 footer for my own project.

1 Like

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by 5p1naz(m): 3:47am On Dec 04, 2015
we installed the floor beams.

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by 5p1naz(m): 3:47am On Dec 04, 2015
more pictures

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by 5p1naz(m): 3:53am On Dec 04, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Excellent.

I especially want to see how you combat the heat issue.

I'm in the market to buy an affordable 40 footer for my own project.

hi mogaji, the heat issue will be solved by using polyurethane foam that will be sprayed on the corrugated metal walls. Plywood will then be attached to a wood frame made up of 2" x 2" wood to create a smooth wall finish for the interior.

1 Like

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by Nobody: 4:17am On Dec 04, 2015
5p1naz:

hi mogaji, the heat issue will be solved by using polyurethane foam that will be sprayed on the corrugated metal walls. Plywood will then be attached to a wood frame made up of 2" x 2" wood to create a smooth wall finish for the interior.

So basically you're going to insulate the wall.

Very nice.

In a previous discussion some mouth breathers were in a hullabaloo that we don't need insulation in Nigeria.

Excellent.
Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by 5p1naz(m): 2:03pm On Dec 04, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Very nice.

In a previous discussion some mouth breathers were in a hullabaloo that we don't need insulation in Nigeria.

Excellent.

yes the walls will be insulated, the heat a metal container will generate internally can cook rice and stew grin grin so yes, the interior walls will be insulated.

4 Likes

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by mufutau55(m): 5:27pm On Dec 04, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Very nice.
Excellent.

This time you are talking about iron/steel, not house built with blocks...

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by finestpicks(m): 6:53pm On Dec 04, 2015
Can this same concept be used to build a single room for sleeping?
Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 04, 2015
mufutau55:

This time you are talking about iron/steel, not house built with blocks...

Hajji M.

Actually we were talking about container homes.

I'll see if I can drag up the old thread.
Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 04, 2015
Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by mufutau55(m): 10:02pm On Dec 04, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Actually we were talking about container homes.
I'll see if I can drag up the old thread.

Yes I know. I have followed that thread ever since.
Is that not what the container is, iron/steel? The shipping container butchered cut into homes.

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 04, 2015
mufutau55:

Yes I know. I have followed that thread ever since.
Is that not what the container is, iron/steel? The shipping container butchered cut into homes.

Hajji M.

I have an idea for a 40 footer. The beauty of it is that I can actually do it here to an extent leisurely and ship it with the items to complete it inside.

1 Like

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by mufutau55(m): 12:24am On Dec 05, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I have an idea for a 40 footer. The beauty of it is that I can actually do it here to an extent leisurely and ship it with the items to complete it inside.

I know you can do whatever you put your heart into, no doubt.
I will like to see how that goes. Will you have a place to store it?
The container is really not expensive to buy here.. Pls keep me posted.

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by Nobody: 1:53am On Dec 19, 2015
OP, how far?
Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by 5p1naz(m): 10:11am On Dec 23, 2015
hi, guys. . . sorry for the delay i've been working hard to meet the deadline and we have gone quite far with the projec. i will post here soon picture updates
Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by bolseas(f): 10:59am On Dec 23, 2015
***following****
Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by 5p1naz(m): 2:05pm On Dec 28, 2015
wood to be used for internal walls and roof members going through some treatment grin

1 Like

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by 5p1naz(m): 2:18pm On Dec 28, 2015
preparing for the roof. even though the roof will be hidden from view, this was just one of the many measures taken to reduce heat gain in the steel structure

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by 5p1naz(m): 12:50am On Dec 29, 2015
preparing for insulation and internal walls. i will be using a lot of shipping pallets for the internal and external finishes.

WATCH THIS PAGE

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by 5p1naz(m): 1:01am On Dec 29, 2015
walls and ceiling coming together

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by 5p1naz(m): 1:02am On Dec 29, 2015
more

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by Nobody: 2:23am On Dec 29, 2015
Thanks for continuing to share this project.

I know it's not a N50million project in Lekki but just know that this Americana is following you attentively.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Production And Laying Of Interlocking Stone / Construction Of 4bedroom Duplex With 2bedroom 2flat Attach At AIT Road Alagbado / Urgent Sale: Ojodu Abiodun (berger) 2750sqmtrs Land With 3buildings & 1 Big Shop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.