Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

How We Built "The Coffee Shop" - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How We Built "The Coffee Shop" (19774 Views)

From Foundation 2 Pre Roofing Parapet Cast See What We Built 4a PH Based Client / From Foundation To Completion, Pictures Of What We Built For A UK Based Client / How We Built The Port Harcourt "4 Bedroom Duplex" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 04, 2016
wow.. nice job @ Op.. impressive
Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by obua: 8:00pm On Jan 04, 2016
We have been doing container homes and offices for several years.
A 2 bedroom of 56m2 costs N4.4m. A 3 bdr costs 6 million. Units can be completed in 2 weeks.
Www.rapidcabin.com

8 Likes

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by gaussy(m): 8:16pm On Jan 04, 2016
Nice one...hope we see more of this
Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by gulfer: 8:58pm On Jan 04, 2016
Toilets and utilities nko
Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by igbsam(m): 9:18pm On Jan 04, 2016
This is very innovative. Now you are giving me ideas on what i might actually need this for.
Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by teamchocolate: 9:21pm On Jan 04, 2016
Lovely, but need cost ideas, hope it's not too expensive... @ 5p1naz...

Rapid cabin dey too expensive abeg... looks unaffordable

6 Likes

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by xtivin(m): 9:44pm On Jan 04, 2016
5pinaz baba..longest tym..u remember our tym at prodigits?...na ur guy xtivin..halla me xtivin@yahoo.com we need talk
Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by obua: 10:54pm On Jan 04, 2016
Our container home are built using steel pipes instead of wood noggins. Wood noggins tend to give way due to insect infestation. We also use full wall and ceiling insulation.
We also use Nigerian made cables as our 2 bdr container homes comes with 3 toilets and 2 baths and come ready to use.

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by laudate: 10:57pm On Jan 04, 2016
obua:
We have been doing container homes and offices for several years.
A 2 bedroom of 56m2 costs N4.4m. A 3 bdr costs 6 million. Units can be completed in 2 weeks.
Www.rapidcabin.com

Does this include toilets and baths? How many toilets/baths are included in this prices? Kindly confirm. There is a site in Ibeju-Lekki that requires this kind of 3-bedroom unit.
Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by smiley001(m): 11:32pm On Jan 04, 2016
nicey but i see no Granite...not happy. Lol.
Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by obua: 6:55am On Jan 05, 2016
laudate:

Does this include toilets and baths? How many toilets/baths are included in this prices? Kindly confirm. There is a site in Ibeju-Lekki that requires this kind of 3-bedroom unit.
.the 3 bdr unit has 3toilets and bath. Roofing is done using long span aluminum on steel rafters. We don't use wood rafters
Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by rotecch77(m): 7:06am On Jan 05, 2016
@smiley,i Beg i Can't laugh,no wahala op will still call you to supply the granite with Shap sand,let the granite full o as you usually do

1 Like

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by olatpic(m): 11:34am On Jan 05, 2016
Nice concept...@op
Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by smiley001(m): 12:58pm On Jan 05, 2016
rotecch77:
@smiley,i Beg i Can't laugh,no wahala op will still call you to supply the granite with Shap sand,let the granite full o as you usually do

Lol... Thanks Sir.
Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by Ligxy(f): 2:21pm On Jan 05, 2016
obua:
Our container home are built using steel pipes instead of wood noggins. Wood noggins tend to give way due to insect infestation. We also use full wall and ceiling insulation.
We also use Nigerian made cables as our 2 bdr container homes comes with 3 toilets and 2 baths and come ready to use.
Bros, things are not done this way, you can't flood someone's thread with adverts and pictures, space full everywhere, create your own thread.

8 Likes

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by Spark5(m): 9:05pm On Jan 05, 2016
Ligxy:

Bros, things are not done this way, you can't flood someone's thread with adverts and pictures, space full everywhere, create your own thread.
Seconded...
Chairman, it would be nice we apply some civility and courtesy here. Create your own beautiful thread and bombard it with pics and ads, we would happily check in and follow (as the spirit leads).

1 Like

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by igbsam(m): 10:59pm On Jan 05, 2016
We are still waiting for updates. OP, kindly give us more updates as i am very interested in this.
Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by 5p1naz(m): 5:27pm On Jan 06, 2016
The interior was finally finished off with a touch of wooden shipping pallet.

1 Like

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by 5p1naz(m): 5:33pm On Jan 06, 2016
This is the sitting area outside the shop where people can sit out in the evening and have some snacks. fenced off with a planter box made out of a combination of angle steel and wooden shipping pallet.

1 Like

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 06, 2016
Please take long range shots.

You've done a good job as far as I can tell.

4 Likes

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by Nobody: 5:45am On Jan 07, 2016
Look at this design that can be done I think with a 40 footer and 20 foot container.

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by 5p1naz(m): 5:05pm On Jan 07, 2016
this is quite possible @egunmogaji
Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by 5p1naz(m): 5:06pm On Jan 07, 2016
the ugly corrugated walls of the container being covered up. . .

1 Like

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by 5p1naz(m): 5:07pm On Jan 07, 2016
i am starting a new thread soon on the construction of a house.

CLIENT is a Nairalander. many thanks guys

3 Likes

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by smiley001(m): 5:34pm On Jan 07, 2016
5p1naz:
i am starting a new thread soon on the construction of a house.

CLIENT is a Nairalander. many thanks guys

Congrats sir.

Is it container stuff or cement & block house?

1 Like

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by 5p1naz(m): 6:27pm On Jan 07, 2016
smiley001:

Congrats sir.

Is it container stuff or cement & block house?

This one is back to the traditional block and mortar house. Not container ..

3 Likes

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 07, 2016
I'm absolutely floored by the woodwork on this project.

A job well done Sir.

3 Likes

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by nextstep(m): 7:27pm On Jan 07, 2016
Farnsworth:
it will be too hot, why not build everything from wood.

I would love to build with wood too, and I've looked into it somewhat. However, finding wood that is not warped is very very difficult in Nigeria. If you find it, it's also extremely expensive. We don't have enough people who understand how to build well with wood so it deals with the contraction and expansion of the changing seasons (hot, humid, cold, dry). I admire that the OP is using wood for the sidings... I'm curious to see how it will wear with time...

A lot of us in the construction/properties section have long been wishing for alternative methods of building, apart from the usual concrete blocks, and this is a valuable learning experience. It may not have all what we wished for, but it's a very welcome alternative.

OP: where did you get those wood 2x4s you're using as siding for the building and flower beds? Looks nice and straight?

2 Likes

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by Farnsworth: 9:51pm On Jan 07, 2016
nextstep:

I would love to build with wood too, and I've looked into it somewhat. However, finding wood that is not warped is very very difficult in Nigeria. If you find it, it's also extremely expensive. We don't have enough people who understand how to build well with wood so it deals with the contraction and expansion of the changing seasons (hot, humid, cold, dry). I admire that the OP is using wood for the sidings... I'm curious to see how it will wear with time...

A lot of us in the construction/properties section have long been wishing for alternative methods of building, apart from the usual concrete blocks, and this is a valuable learning experience. It may not have all what we wished for, but it's a very welcome alternative.

OP: where did you get those wood 2x4s you're using as siding for the building and flower beds? Looks nice and straight?

you are right, the way this kind structures are built in other parts of the world is faster, concrete blocks are quite unnecessary sometimes. I suppose some innovative solutions from locally available resources that is cost effective is always welcomed. However, I will be interested to know the average cost for these relative to other methods within Nigeria and in other countries.

3 Likes

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by laudate: 3:16am On Feb 16, 2016
Any updates? Has this project been completed? What was the total cost of construction? undecided

4 Likes

Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by BALLOSKI: 9:20am On Feb 20, 2016
laudate:
Any updates? Has this project been completed? What was the total cost of construction? undecided
I have been looking for you, atleast, to see ur reactions on some issues. It took me time to locate the thread where we once had a robust discussion.

https://www.nairaland.com/2711457/nnpc-discontinues-opa-adopts-direct/2#39686314
Re: How We Built "The Coffee Shop" by laudate: 11:09pm On Mar 20, 2016
BALLOSKI:
I have been looking for you, atleast, to see ur reactions on some issues. It took me time to locate the thread where we once had a robust discussion.

https://www.nairaland.com/2711457/nnpc-discontinues-opa-adopts-direct/2#39686314

Bros, I deliberately refused to comment. I don't want to develop high-blood pressure over the events in the Nigerian oil sector. Am still too young, abeg! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Masters Energy Filling Station On Fire in Aba / Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse / Production And Laying Of Interlocking Stone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.