Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Answering Atheist.-why Jehovah Created Man - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Answering Atheist.-why Jehovah Created Man (2644 Views)

IN WHOSE/WHAT'S IMAGE ARE THESE CHILDREN CREATED? MAN FIXING GOD / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Answering Atheist.-why Jehovah Created Man by Fadman4real(m): 6:57am On May 11, 2016
GeneralShepherd:

This is fallacy of special pleading. You cannot say that everything must have a cause and then in the same post claim that God does not need a cause. Just because he is God without any prove this God of yours exists by the way.

I also will be pleasantly surprised if for once on Nairaland a theist will proffer some coherent evidence for the existence of God.

So you have a proof that God does not exist. Do you believe that great men like michelangelo, archimedes, etc existed, what is your proof they existed since we cant see them and their is no picture record of them. You would probably point to their works.

The same with God, His works are there for you to see so that you would have no excuse on the last day. Let me explain my theory of cause to you, for anything in this world to happen it must have a cause right, nothing can happen without a cause.

1. Everything which [b]has a beginning [/b]has a cause.
2. The universe has a beginning.
3. Therefore the universe has a cause.

It’s important to stress the words in bold type. The universe requires a cause because it had a beginning, as will be shown below. God, unlike the universe, had no beginning, so doesn’t need a cause. In addition, Einstein’s general relativity, which has much experimental support, shows that time is linked to matter and space. So time itself would have begun along with matter and space. Since God, by definition, is the creator of the whole universe, he is the creator of time. Therefore He is not limited by the time dimension He created, so has no beginning in time—God is ‘the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity’ (Is. 57:15). Therefore He doesn’t have a cause.

In contrast, there is good evidence that the universe had a beginning. This can be shown from the Laws of Thermodynamics, the most fundamental laws of the physical sciences.

1st Law: The total amount of mass-energy in the universe is constant.
2nd Law: The amount of energy available for work is running out, or entropy is increasing to a maximum.
If the total amount of mass-energy is limited, and the amount of usable energy is decreasing, then the universe cannot have existed forever, otherwise it would already have exhausted all usable energy—the ‘heat death’ of the universe. For example, all radioactive atoms would have decayed, every part of the universe would be the same temperature, and no further work would be possible. So the obvious corollary is that the universe began a finite time ago with a lot of usable energy, and is now running down.

Evolution is simply an animals longterm adaptation to its habitat. Man is the only super intelligent in your words because peculiar habitats that pre modern ancestors of Man lived in precipitated the evolutionary tree to bestow such intelligence on man.

A shark living in the ocean does not want to be like man, it has mastered it's habitat over millins of years. In the context of it's peculiar habitat it is super inteligent.

The notion that man somehow is the ultimate evolved animal is ludicrous and lacks common sense.

The same super intelligent man, have come close to destroying the whole plant during the Cuban missile crisis. So much for intelligence

Wow your arguement is faulty on too many lines, i dont even know where to start, let me start at the end.

Being intelligent doesnt mean you can make good moral decisions. Intelligence has nothing to do with morality, they are two different things entirely. We as humans are not just intelligent but are highly creative, we use our intelligence to shape the world the way we like, cure diseases, increase crop harvest, increase our means to communicate etc.

Coming down to the shark being a super intelligent creature, does d shark build houses, do they have hospitals that cure their diseases, do they have devices that helps them explore our habitat like we can do theirs. And by the way we are not the only creature on land, we are not the fastest, we are not the strongest so why did evolution decide to make us the smartest. Sharks are in no way compared to humans in terms of intelligence just accept that we are the greatest evidence of a God.

If your arguement in the first paragraph is true then the smartest creature would be a shell fish, after all a shell fish is the oldest creature. Sea creatures too would be more intelligent cause they were the first to be evoluted. Arguenents for evolution stems from partialism and not real science, you claim that we just started advancing from bacteria, shell fish over millions of years to get to this level but till tomorrow we still have shell fish and millions of bacteria existing yet we have no homo habilis, erectus etc in existence. Who made the decision to preserve the shell fish and to eliminate homo erectus, evolution right and evolution is what exactly. A process that was not set into motion by no one but just came into existence.
Re: Answering Atheist.-why Jehovah Created Man by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:14am On May 11, 2016
Fadman4real:

So you have a proof that God does not exist. Do you believe that great men like michelangelo, archimedes, etc existed, what is your proof they existed since we cant see them and their is no picture record of them. You would probably point to their works.

The same with God, His works are there for you to see so that you would have no excuse on the last day. Let me explain my theory of cause to you, for anything in this world to happen it must have a cause right, nothing can happen without a cause.

1. Everything which [b]has a beginning [/b]has a cause.
2. The universe has a beginning.
3. Therefore the universe has a cause.

It’s important to stress the words in bold type. The universe requires a cause because it had a beginning, as will be shown below. God, unlike the universe, had no beginning, so doesn’t need a cause. In addition, Einstein’s general relativity, which has much experimental support, shows that time is linked to matter and space. So time itself would have begun along with matter and space. Since God, by definition, is the creator of the whole universe, he is the creator of time. Therefore He is not limited by the time dimension He created, so has no beginning in time—God is ‘the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity’ (Is. 57:15). Therefore He doesn’t have a cause.

In contrast, there is good evidence that the universe had a beginning. This can be shown from the Laws of Thermodynamics, the most fundamental laws of the physical sciences.

1st Law: The total amount of mass-energy in the universe is constant.
2nd Law: The amount of energy available for work is running out, or entropy is increasing to a maximum.
If the total amount of mass-energy is limited, and the amount of usable energy is decreasing, then the universe cannot have existed forever, otherwise it would already have exhausted all usable energy—the ‘heat death’ of the universe. For example, all radioactive atoms would have decayed, every part of the universe would be the same temperature, and no further work would be possible. So the obvious corollary is that the universe began a finite time ago with a lot of usable energy, and is now running down.

Wow your arguement is faulty on too many lines, i dont even know where to start, let me start at the end.

Being intelligent doesnt mean you can make good moral decisions. Intelligence has nothing to do with morality, they are two different things entirely. We as humans are not just intelligent but are highly creative, we use our intelligence to shape the world the way we like, cure diseases, increase crop harvest, increase our means to communicate etc.

Coming down to the shark being a super intelligent creature, does d shark build houses, do they have hospitals that cure their diseases, do they have devices that helps them explore our habitat like we can do theirs. And by the way we are not the only creature on land, we are not the fastest, we are not the strongest so why did evolution decide to make us the smartest. Sharks are in no way compared to humans in terms of intelligence just accept that we are the greatest evidence of a God.

If your arguement in the first paragraph is true then the smartest creature would be a shell fish, after all a shell fish is the oldest creature. Sea creatures too would be more intelligent cause they were the first to be evoluted. Arguenents for evolution stems from partialism and not real science, you claim that we just started advancing from bacteria, shell fish over millions of years to get to this level but till tomorrow we still have shell fish and millions of bacteria existing yet we have no homo habilis, erectus etc in existence. Who made the decision to preserve the shell fish and to eliminate homo erectus, evolution right and evolution is what exactly. A process that was not set into motion by no one but just came into existence.

I do not need proof of Michelangelo but I am certain if his existence is called into question there may be a grave somewhere.

I certainly agree with you that by inference and it appears the universe has a beginning. However, you agree with me that Energy is eternal, it cannot not be creates nor destroyed. Energy has always been and will always be.

Yet no one worships energy, yet you are somehow saying that a God you have no proof except from the book you claim is his word is eternal.

You have also stated that God has no beginning, how do you know this? Or are you just repeating what the bible said?

Why would a shark build a hospital? It obviously does not need to. It is perfectly suited for it's environment. Man lacks brute force and because of the need to survive, man's mental capacity improved tremendously to compensate for being physically vulnerable.

Man is not the apex of evolution, we are just a product of the evolutionary process. Lastly, evolution does not need anyone or any God.

1 Like

Re: Answering Atheist.-why Jehovah Created Man by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 12, 2016
analice107:

In my very little mind and myopic reasoning, it really bits me when i come by a great man with such great intelligence exhibiting such stupidity. "A Termite Hill just being there without Termites building it".
Ana, What happened to these people biko nu? The Termites came from nowhere right?
O wait... they evolved from Birds. You believe in absurdities, yet claim Christians believe in absurdities.

Which makes more sense to a sensible person? Everything was created according to their own kind and further down, produced according to their own kind. And Everything evolved from one thing to the other then to man?
The super intelligent people forget, that the species of animals they claim we evolved from are still in existence, giving birth according to their own kind

Mr intelligent man, For there to be a Termite Hill, (Which is called an Ant Hill by the way), there must be Termites. So just like the brother said, A piece of Painting didn't just Materialized, someone conceived the concept, an idea, and projected it on a Canvas.
This world is Gods Canvas, you and everything in it, is his idea. Anyways what do i know?

Romans 1:22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools [professing to be smart, they made simpletons of themselves].

Meanwhile, remember am a Christian and am as dumb as your anus. So calling me unprintable names will mean flogging a dead Horse.
You should not argue this thing if you don't understand how evolution works. everything you just typed is a fallacy.

1 Like

Re: Answering Atheist.-why Jehovah Created Man by analice107: 3:28pm On May 12, 2016
Teempakguy:
You should not argue this thing if you don't understand how evolution works. everything you just typed is a fallacy.
And you should argue on how God doesn't exist right? You are an authority in the none existence of God.
Re: Answering Atheist.-why Jehovah Created Man by pneumaticos(m): 5:37pm On May 14, 2016
Good job analice,
Seeing your works on those islamic threads

More grace
Re: Answering Atheist.-why Jehovah Created Man by Weah96: 7:44pm On May 14, 2016
analice107:

And you should argue on how God doesn't exist right? You are an authority in the none existence of God.

You're so funny. Who is denying the existence of a word with multiple meanings? It is your god that doesn't exist. Other definitions of the word god are real and obvious.

I don't understand why other atheists allow you to erect your strawman argument and then pretend to ridicule your own argument.
Re: Answering Atheist.-why Jehovah Created Man by Kay17: 8:03pm On May 14, 2016
pneumaticos:
Using this medium to invite those with revelation into the purpose of ma n on earth

Atheist believe there is no God.so most of them fill themselfs with knowledge which seems to be real knowledge but it actually hollow knowledge

Saints it important to know that atheism is a spirit...it desire is to fill the one decieved with lots of knowledge, they often derive pleasure in this knowledge..it something I experienced though I never became one

Like the real owner of my post said..atheism is a religion

Its a religion first of all because it based on some set of believes..weither scientific or any other

Believes are based on culture which actually is in turn base upon some precepts ...every mans believe is based on what he has heard, seen touched which he now form his/her principles from...so at the end of the day,an atheist is a worshiper of himself or herself..that's why they like to argue alot.ask lot of questions.depends on some other peoples finding to cushion their egos...it a very hard thing to come out from

Ok
As regards why God created man...this is the part I like others that can give a clear say or word on

My understanding of the reason is this
christianity or Jesus christ always talked about a Kingdom,which is actually a government
The almighty God wanted to extend his government to earth. There for he created man.man was created to be a lord or gorvernor over the province called earth

.now,the man God created has his own free will just like god...the free will was given to man to aid in the colonization process of the earth

What Satisfaction was God seeking when he created man? Was he searching the satisfaction Conquerors seek when they dominate kingdoms and empires?
Re: Answering Atheist.-why Jehovah Created Man by analice107: 8:21pm On May 14, 2016
Weah96:

You're so funny. Who is denying the existence of a word with multiple meanings? It is your god that doesn't exist. Other definitions of the word god are real and obvious.

I don't understand why other atheists allow you to erect your strawman argument and then pretend to ridicule your own argument.
i walked passed you.
Re: Answering Atheist.-why Jehovah Created Man by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:44pm On May 14, 2016
you don't need to reply their moronic questions - the universe woke up one morning and made everything , seems like a fun thing to do when bored

1 Like

Re: Answering Atheist.-why Jehovah Created Man by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:46pm On May 14, 2016
Kay17:

What Satisfaction was God seeking when he created man? Was he searching the satisfaction Conquerors seek when they dominate kingdoms and empires?

What satisfaction was nothing seeking when it made everything - the universe ? . orgasm ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Answering Atheist.-why Jehovah Created Man by Weah96: 9:02pm On May 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
you don't need to reply their moronic questions - the universe woke up one morning and made everything , seems like a fun thing to do when bored

You just described your god. Leave the universe out of it.
Re: Answering Atheist.-why Jehovah Created Man by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:09pm On May 14, 2016
Weah96:

You just described your god. Leave the universe out of it.

I don't need to leave you in awe - It's a complete waste of time . I now enjoy how obtuse and ignorant atheists are .

1 Like

Re: Answering Atheist.-why Jehovah Created Man by Nobody: 6:53am On May 15, 2016
THEY MIGHT BE A GOD IT MIGHT BE A THING OR A SPIRIT OR IT MIGHT EVEN BE UNCONSCIOUS THEY ARE THINGS TO THIS WORD AND UNIVERSE WE DON'T KNOW YET BUT ONE THING AM 100% SURE IS THAT ALL RELIGION HAVE A FALSE CONCEPTION ON WHAT THAT GOD/CREATOR IS......

1 Like

Re: Answering Atheist.-why Jehovah Created Man by Weah96: 1:41pm On May 15, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I don't need to leave you in awe - It's a complete waste of time . I now enjoy how obtuse and ignorant atheists are .

So don't claim that you or an acquaintance of yours speak to the creator of the universe. Because you know that I will ask you to impress me.
Re: Answering Atheist.-why Jehovah Created Man by ValentineMary(m): 1:57pm On May 18, 2016
Teempakguy:
I just tire for that girl. If people don't know something, the best line of action is to shut up and learn when d topic comes up.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hello / Happy 54th Birthday To Pastor David Ibiyeomie / Atheism: Religious Folks Are Atheistic Too!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.