Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,011 members, 7,956,749 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:10 PM

Why You Struggle As A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Struggle As A Christian (354 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " / Nnamdi Kanu’s Life Is In Danger, He May Die In The Struggle – Primate Ayodele / 10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Struggle As A Christian by SonofIssachar: 1:59am On Nov 27, 2015
Author Unknown

Many years ago, a wealthy man went duck hunting with a hired hand named Sam. They took a horse and carriage. Along the way, a rim came off one of the wheels. As Sam hammered it back on, he accidentally hit his finger.

Instantly he let go with some bad words. He quickly fell to his knees, asking God’s forgiveness. “Lord, it’s difficult at times to live the Christian life”, he prayed.

“Sam” said the wealthy man, “I know you’re a Christian. But tell me why you struggle so, I’m an atheist, and I don’t have problems like that.”

Sam didn’t know what to say. Just then two ducks flew overhead. The man raised his gun and two shots rang out. “Leave the dead one and go after that wounded bird!” he shouted.

Sam pointed at the duck that was fluttering desperately to escape and said, “I’ve got an answer for you now, Boss. You said my Christianity isn’t any good because I have to struggle so. Well, I’m the wounded duck, and struggle to get away from the devil. But you, Boss are the dead duck!”

That insight fits Paul’s description of his Christian experience in Romans 7: 14-25. Struggle is one evidence of God’s work in our lives. Forgiveness of sin is available, so don’t despair. Remember, dead ducks don’t flutter.

Struggle, yes, it’s part of living
Nothing’s gained on beds of ease;
But when our heart is set on Jesus,
Struggle drives us to our knees.

Meditation: For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! – Romans 7:18-25

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Projects. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

To download the Daily Dew mobile app on your Android and iPhone devices, please click on http://daily-dew.com/android-iphone, for Blackberry app, click on http://daily-dew.com/blackberry.

Be a blessing; share this with your loved ones.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why You Struggle As A Christian by Anas09: 9:42am On Nov 27, 2015
But, Victory is sure. I may be struggling now, and that's because I brought it on myself by living below God's standards. Now that I know who I am in Christ Jesus, I shall walk/work in victory.

1 Like

Re: Why You Struggle As A Christian by Fadman4real(m): 12:33pm On Nov 27, 2015
We just have to pray that our struggle do not end in failure

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Apparently Xiaomi Held Off Releasing / Birthday Celebration / I Used My Personal Money To Rebuild A Church In Kano – Emir Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.