Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,189 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Vista Sp2 Is Out! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Vista Sp2 Is Out! (2792 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Windows Vista Tweaks for Optimal System Performance / Why Win 2000, Win Xp or Windows Vista When There's Win 98? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vista Sp2 Is Out! by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 26, 2009
For those who are still using vista(i've moved to 7rc1)

you can get it here

http://majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=5925&file=1&evp=e57a33d5d53fd838775ceb924029f0d1

u need to have sp1 installed before you can install sp2
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by omega25red(m): 11:59pm On May 26, 2009
i heard someone in a computer school say that it did more harm than good to his computer so make sure you back up before you load it
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by blackweaver(m): 7:46pm On May 29, 2009
never used vista (not really anyway) never want to (any time someone asks me to help fix a problem my
statement is the same - i HATE vista) just 'cos hardware is improving doesn't mean you must use it all up
i like to have 10, 15 applications running including an oracle database and a programming ide and still have
up to 500mb free ram instead of having 500mb free ram after just starting the os
(ok am exaggerating but vista is still a memory hog)
pity MS is bent on killing xp thank God for win 7 (i hear it will be released officially this year) at least is not
as much a memory hog as vista though recommended disk space for installation is 16gb
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by flyuche(m): 9:34pm On May 29, 2009
i guess vista sp3 is win 7
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by aieromon(m): 7:48pm On May 30, 2009
i cant go near sp1 talk less of sp2!i installed sp1 and my laptop failed to recognise my sierra 580 mdc.i had to restore my system with alacrity.i will only upgrade when i use up the money i spent obtaining my archaic data card grin grin
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by flyuche(m): 9:12pm On May 30, 2009
aieromon:

i cant go near sp1 talk less of sp2!i installed sp1 and my laptop failed to recognise my sierra 580 mdc.i had to restore my system with alacrity.i will only upgrade when i use up the money i spent obtaining my archaic data card grin grin
there is a quick fix for that. check out the starcomms thread. hayprof provided a link.
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by aieromon(m): 2:32am On Jun 01, 2009
@flyuche
Thanks.will check it out
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by flyuche(m): 3:35am On Jun 01, 2009
well, i downloaded and installed the service pack. it when smoothly. nothing spectacular in performance yet that i have observed, but one thing i love now is: setting up ad-hoc internet network sharing from laptop is as easy as ever and very stable too!
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by hayprof(m): 12:05pm On Jun 01, 2009
aieromon:

@flyuche
Thanks.will check it out

Imagine, like 99% of pple using that Aircard On Vista SP1 knws that there's a fix, I wonder y u bringing this at an Odd hour! angry
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 01, 2009
on the average, i run 8 different apps including Chrome (considering that chrome tabs run on different processes) on my Vista and still very fast.
I guess thats what happens when you get some of 'em china made lappy 4rm Otigba.

I got a HP530 from there but sold it in 2 weeks as it freezes wit the blue screen of death every 3 hrs.
Had to get a Compaq 4rm US and working fine till date.

I will try out the SP2, I always have problem with my internet sharing too, It just develops a mind of its own, and without any tweak, i works again
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 01, 2009
^^^^^

practically all laptops are made in china
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by babydouch: 8:18am On Jun 02, 2009
where can 1 find sp1.
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by ucheuche1(m): 12:42pm On Jun 02, 2009
so in plain English is d Sp1 not a good buy? cos i jst installed 1 in my vista ultimate, got it from d regular updates on my computer. is it safe? can i go ahead n install d sp2. all i want na make my computer dey work well.
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 02, 2009
^^^^^^

DO NOT install vista sp2 if u are running a pirated version of windows. it will almost certainly invalidate it

it is recommended to install service packs on a fresh install of windows.
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by netotse(m): 4:35pm On Jun 02, 2009
oyb:

^^^^^

practically all laptops are made in china

but not all of them are made according to chinese standards
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by GeorgeD1(m): 9:15pm On Jun 02, 2009
I got it installed today using windows update. No earth shaking changes.
Just the usual stuff. Anyway thank God it didn't cause any conflict with
any of my existing third party software.
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 02, 2009
''practically all laptops are made in china ''

true
but the quality depends on the market it was made for, one can't compare the ones made for the Asian/African market to the ones made for the European market,
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by Nobody: 4:40am On Jun 03, 2009
saxywale:

true
but the quality depends on the market it was made for, one can't compare the ones made for the Asian/African market to the ones made for the European market,

Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by Ralvy(m): 4:51am On Jun 03, 2009
saxywale:

true

It's harder to give a decent opinion of the product since you haven't tested both builds, however, I believe both have decent build quality and use quality parts.
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by biina: 8:06am On Jun 03, 2009
saxywale:

true
and what is the difference, different components, different config? undecided
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by netotse(m): 9:11am On Jun 03, 2009
biina:

and what is the difference, different components, different config? undecided

what he was trying to say is that laptops that are made in china but are going to be sold in the U.S. or in the E.U. have to conform to the standards of said countries (which are prolly higher than chinas)

for instance there's this thing that HP does whereby they allow you to choose the components of ur computer online(u assemble it. . .so u can say its customised in a sense lol) the computer is assembled at the HP factory somewhere in china cant rem now and them shipped to the US(free shipping of course) since u ordered it thru HP in the US it will be built to american standards(thats what all those fcc etc stickers specify).
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by AKO1(m): 2:30pm On Jun 03, 2009
[b]Oyb [/b]did you buy an original ms7 or did you download it?

Because strangely enough I haven't sighted it in stores yet.
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by biina: 4:23pm On Jun 03, 2009
netotse:

what he was trying to say is that laptops that are made in china but are going to be sold in the U.S. or in the E.U. have to conform to the standards of said countries (which are prolly higher than chinas)

for instance there's this thing that HP does whereby they allow you to choose the components of ur computer online(u assemble it. . .so u can say its customised in a sense lol) the computer is assembled at the HP factory somewhere in china cant rem now and them shipped to the US(free shipping of course) since u ordered it thru HP in the US it will be built to american standards(thats what all those fcc etc stickers specify).
The quality of a PC is dependent on the semiconductor devices in it, and that is more or less same for a particular series, and independent of region e.g. Intel or AMD or Nvidia does not make chips with a region in mind, As the fabrication process matures, yield quality and QA improves.

Most PC manufactures maintain two lines:a early adoption series and a more tested series. A typical example for dell is the inspiron vs latitude where the inspiron usually has more recent technologies, while the latitude goes for reliability. This distinction is often separated as home and business product.

The regional differences in most laptops stems from standards and technologies, and not QA. For example the power supply rating in the US is different from europe, emission level masks are often different etc.

To say that one would get a better quality PC by buying from a particular region is misinforming others. If such were true, it is illegal and said company can be prosecuted for it.
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 03, 2009
@biina,

forget all those grammer,
i got a 530 from otigba, and i sold it in 3weeks

I got another from USA and i have been using it for close to 6 months now.
It is way too perfect. HP too

Netotse said the truth, all laptops are made in china and their standard varies, they know American will be more than glad to return the laptop so they will up the production quality.
you go back to Otigba, the guy will tell you to format it, and re install the OS.
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by GeorgeD1(m): 5:43pm On Jun 03, 2009
I quite agree. You get what you pay for. The Chinese are not fools. They make different quality
of same products for different markets. And this is not just limited to computers. Ask any business
man who imports from China and he will tell you.
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by biina: 11:25pm On Jun 03, 2009
sledjama:

@biina,

forget all those grammer,
i got a 530 from otigba, and i sold it in 3weeks

I got another from USA and i have been using it for close to 6 months now.
It is way too perfect. HP too

Netotse said the truth, all laptops are made in china and their standard varies, they know American will be more than glad to return the laptop so they will up the production quality.
you go back to Otigba, the guy will tell you to format it, and re install the OS.
are the systems both genuine (not refurbished) and the same spec?
You can feed your imagination all you like, but your claims are unfounded.

The Chinese do not distribute for Dell, HP or any other brand (except their own e.g Asus). It is those companies that decide which goes where.
If you feel the PC market is you buying a single unit in Otigba, then you are mistaken.

The Chinese are know for clowning legitimate products and shipping their own substandard versions of them but that is a different issue entirely.

Your are free to believe anything you like, as long as it lets you sleep at night.
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by flyuche(m): 1:03am On Jun 04, 2009
can we get back to the topic pls? vista sp2?
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by GeorgeD1(m): 9:31pm On Jun 04, 2009
We are still on the topic, my brother. There are also Chinese versions of SP2
which you should be interested in. The more you know, the more preventive
steps you can take.
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by flyuche(m): 11:13pm On Jun 04, 2009
George_D:

We are still on the topic, my brother. There are also Chinese versions of SP2
which you should be interested in.
The more you know, the more preventive
steps you can take.
lol
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by GeorgeD1(m): 1:15pm On Jun 05, 2009
Yeah, the chinese are much into everything nowawadays grin
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by flyuche(m): 2:03pm On Jun 05, 2009
@Geogre D. and they are not doing badly. lenovo is a proud chinese brand.
Re: Vista Sp2 Is Out! by GeorgeD1(m): 4:06pm On Jun 06, 2009
Nope. Not bad at all. Let's admit it, where will we be today technologically if not
for the chinese? Only let them stop sacrificing quality on the alter of quick
monetary gains.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get The Latest Cheat Codes To Ur Phone Thru Sms / SOLD❎❎❎ Core i7 Lenovo Laptop With Red Keyboard Light / 750GB Hdd / 8gb Ram / Usa Used HP Elitebook Revolve G3, Intel Corei5, 128gb SSD 8gb Ram 11inch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.