Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,723 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

What Can God Not Do? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Can God Not Do? (2050 Views)

Can God Create A Mountain That God Can't Move? / We worship one TRUE GOD not a TRINITY - A Provocative discussion / Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can God Not Do? by Revdaniel(m): 11:30am On Oct 18, 2006
Good day friends, i want to ask a simple but controversal question.
Please note i just want to note your view about the question since you can impose your thought on any other person.
The question is "is there a thing that God can not do? or what can God not do?

Hoping to read your view soon
Re: What Can God Not Do? by Charlesdock(m): 9:24pm On Dec 19, 2015
God is the lord of the universe. He can do all things that deem fit and right that is why Angel Gabriel said in Luke 1:37 For with God nothing is impossible.
Re: What Can God Not Do? by dsquare33: 10:39pm On Dec 19, 2015
1.God cannot lie, Hebrews 6vs 18, His word is His bond. "That by two immutable things, in which is impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation,who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us." That was why Jesus said the word He speaks is spirit and life . 2. God cannot die, 1st Timothy6vs16:"Who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. God cannot be tempted, infact there are so many things God cannot do especially that which is attributed to man.
Re: What Can God Not Do? by malvisguy212: 10:46pm On Dec 19, 2015
Revdaniel:
Please note i just want to note your view about the question since you can impose your thought on any other person.

people misinterpret biblical ominipotent of God, just because God is ominipotent does not mean God can do something that will contradicte His character, plan and purpose. Infact there are things the bible say God cannot do.
Titus 1:2
in the hope of eternal life, which God, WHO CANNOT LIE , promised long ages ago,

This verse is talking about God plan of salvation, God cannot lie to contradicte his plan.

God cannot do anything that is contrary to His holy character. However, God can do anything that He determines to do. This is a true meaning of omnipotence, the ability to do anything that one sets out to do. Saying that omnipotence requires the ability to do logically impossible things is stupid. God cannot turn truth into a lie. Thank you.
Re: What Can God Not Do? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:49pm On Dec 19, 2015
Revdaniel:

Omnipotence paradox

Christians have since provided a rebuttal to this

God can do anything logically and reasonably possible
Re: What Can God Not Do? by cold(m): 11:40pm On Dec 19, 2015
God cannot make an amputee whole again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can God Not Do? by aob2882: 1:23am On Dec 20, 2015
He cannot commit mistake
He cannot Lie
Re: What Can God Not Do? by drberry(m): 4:03am On Dec 20, 2015
God cannot praise himself, hence depends on the praise of his children.

Scripturally, it says he delights in the praises of his people. If also says he dwells in our praise.

In the extreme of it, if we fail to praise him, the Bible says he'll raise stones to praise him.

1 Like

Re: What Can God Not Do? by drberry(m): 4:04am On Dec 20, 2015
cold:
You're high. Go to bed.
Re: What Can God Not Do? by cold(m): 4:36am On Dec 20, 2015
drberry:

You're high. Go to bed.
Can he? Never mind,we both know the answer to that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can God Not Do? by kristen12(f): 6:15am On Dec 20, 2015
I think this should answer your question.

Matthew 19:26 But Jesus beheld them , and said unto them,
With men this is impossible; but with God all
things are possible.
Re: What Can God Not Do? by Krystalzkris(f): 6:33am On Dec 20, 2015
god can not say HI to us...grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can God Not Do? by kevoh(m): 7:23am On Dec 20, 2015
drberry:

You're high. Go to bed.
Go and sit down. god can not make an amputee whole. tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can God Not Do? by drberry(m): 7:41am On Dec 20, 2015
kevoh:
Lol. You need Jesus
Re: What Can God Not Do? by drberry(m): 7:41am On Dec 20, 2015
cold:
Can he? Never mind,we both know the answer to that.
You need Jesus
Re: What Can God Not Do? by kevoh(m): 7:44am On Dec 20, 2015
drberry:

Lol. You need Jesus
Tell Jesus the amputees need him the more to make them whole. He seems to be lacking in that department. wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can God Not Do? by ichommy(m): 8:05am On Dec 20, 2015
grin
Krystalzkris:
god can not say HI to us...grin
Re: What Can God Not Do? by malvisguy212: 8:53am On Dec 20, 2015
cold:
Luke 22:50-51 And one of them struck the slave of the high priest and cut off his right ear. But Jesus answered and said, "Stop! No more of this." And He touched his ear and healed him.

1 Like

Re: What Can God Not Do? by virginboy1(m): 10:10am On Dec 20, 2015
I need God to revamp my mind. Non believers have influenced my soul.
Re: What Can God Not Do? by virud: 11:24am On Dec 20, 2015
He can DO and also UNDO. He says he is God, master of the universe. Having said that, permit me to rephrase the question _ what do you want God to DO or UNDO for you?
Re: What Can God Not Do? by DeathStroke007(m): 12:54pm On Dec 20, 2015
Revdaniel:

God can never have any thing like attributes incommon with man.. Like man claiming to be God or thinking God does humanly things like eating sleeping thinking and the likes
Re: What Can God Not Do? by Charlesdock(m): 1:16pm On Dec 20, 2015
kevoh:

are you sure%-)
Re: What Can God Not Do? by kevoh(m): 1:28pm On Dec 20, 2015
Charlesdock:
are you sure%-)
Has it healed any before? angry Do not quote me and waste my time with long epistles from the bible if you don't have any empirical proof.
Re: What Can God Not Do? by Krystalzkris(f): 3:56pm On Dec 20, 2015
malvisguy212:

Luke 22:50-51
And one of them struck the slave of
the high priest and cut off his right
ear. But Jesus answered and said,
"Stop! No more of this." And He
touched his ear and healed him.
really This doesnt happen anymore dude... That is if it ever happened..
Re: What Can God Not Do? by malvisguy212: 4:11pm On Dec 20, 2015
Krystalzkris:
really This doesnt happen anymore dude... That is if it ever happened..
can you proved it , it doesent happen anymore ? Is this the reason you abandoned the church ?
Re: What Can God Not Do? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 20, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: What Can God Not Do? by Krystalzkris(f): 6:38pm On Dec 20, 2015
malvisguy212:
can you proved it , it doesent happen anymore ? Is this the reason you abandoned the church ?
lol... The only proof you have to show that such a thing happened is the bible,you and i know that it is impossible to cut a body part and still fix it just like that.....
Re: What Can God Not Do? by Charlesdock(m): 8:13pm On Dec 20, 2015
I use to be an agnotic o in my #secondary_school_days I know many we doubt my testimony but I love sharing it. Seeing Jesus telling me in my mother's tongue "lo tun ona re se" meaning go and amend your ways. Let me finish my epistle with Icor. 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. #THANKS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can God Not Do? by KINGLARY: 8:38pm On Dec 20, 2015
The guy that says God cannot heal an amputee should nt be told to shut up.

He is presenting a case that seems to challnge what we bliv. I think we should respond to his statement with luv n presenting him with recordings in history or bible where God has performed such healing.
I knw I hv read about God performing a miracle like that, but the truth which is nt neccessary for us to run away from is that such miracles are very very rare.
And it is still possibl to knw why it's like that.
Re: What Can God Not Do? by malvisguy212: 8:43pm On Dec 20, 2015
Krystalzkris:
lol... The only proof you have to show that such a thing happened is the bible,you and i know that it is impossible to cut a body part and still fix it just like that.....
can you provide empirical evidence that amputee has never been heal ? Would you say sheep don't exist because you have no evidence that one exist ? Miracle nowadays are rare compear with biblical one, infact in the bible we have only four period of time when miracle are performed; during the exedus, elijah,elisha and the time of the apostles,during this times we see many miracle were performed, after that we have the book of revelation, it ended their which indicate miracle are rare nowadays.

Secondly, a person with amputee required faith that God will heal him or use the man of God to heal him, the question is , will he have such strong faith that God will heal him ? Even the disciples who walk with Jesus , saw Him performed all kind of miracle, they still don't have faith, on how many occasions did Jesus use the word "O YE OF LITTLE FAITH" on His disciples ? Even me, I cannot boast that I Have 100% faith that God will use me to performed miracle.

Thirdly, not all medical prayer God answer, amputee need medical treatment. Go to any church and see, hardly you see amputee come for miracle, why ? Because the evidence suggests that you already know this. While you do not admit it to yourself consciously, at that moment you already know that God does not answer any medical prayers. Furthermore, you are acting on that knowledge every day.
Re: What Can God Not Do? by malvisguy212: 8:45pm On Dec 20, 2015
KINGLARY:

He is presenting a case that seems to challnge what we bliv. I think we should respond to his statement with luv n presenting him with recordings in history or bible where God has performed such healing.
I knw I hv read about God performing a miracle like that, but the truth which is nt neccessary for us to run away from is that such miracles are very very rare.
malvisguy212:
can you provide empirical evidence that amputee has never been heal ? Would you say sheep don't exist because you have no evidence that one exist ? Miracle nowadays are rare compear with biblical one, infact in the bible we have only four period of time when miracle are performed; during the exedus, elijah,elisha and the time of the apostles,during this times we see many miracle were performed, after that we have the book of revelation, it ended their which indicate miracle are rare nowadays.
Secondly, a person with amputee required faith that God will heal him or use the man of God to heal him, the question is , will he have such strong faith that God will heal him ? Even the disciples who walk with Jesus , saw Him performed all kind of miracle, they still don't have faith, on how many occasions did Jesus use the word "O YE OF LITTLE FAITH" on His disciples ? Even me, I cannot boast that I Have 100% faith that God will use me to performed miracle.
Thirdly, not all medical prayer God answer, amputee need medical treatment. Go to any church and see, hardly you see amputee come for miracle, why ? Because the evidence suggests that you already know this. While you do not admit it to yourself consciously, at that moment you already know that God does not answer any medical prayers. Furthermore, you are acting on that knowledge every day.
KINGLARY:

Re: What Can God Not Do? by Krystalzkris(f): 9:10pm On Dec 20, 2015
malvisguy212:

what is this one even saying So, god does not answer medical prayers according to you... Which one is even medical prayers??

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Female Pastor Vs Male Pastor / Christians,muslims And Fellow Atheists, Was Mary A LovePeddler? / A Dilemma (or Is It A Conundrum?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.