Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,564 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies (2599 Views)

"Adopt Me" Dj Cuppy To 2face And Annie Idibia [PICS] / American Celebrities Who Traced Their African Roots / 14 American Celebrities That Doesn't Age Fast See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by nilla(f): 1:58pm On Oct 23, 2006
Free:

ok
desiree
girl

we get your point
but why dnt these celebs just adopt all da african
kids in orphanage

since they want to help so bad
why just pick one child undecided

our point exactly.
they can help a lot if they wanted to.
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by desiree(f): 5:48pm On Oct 25, 2006
Free:

ok
desiree
girl

we get your point
but why dnt these celebs just adopt all da african
kids in orphanage

since they want to help so bad
why just pick one child undecided

At least that is a starting point, she is helping some poor kid out--- my personal prayer is that the situation in Africa never gets to the stage where just one celebrity will have to adopt all the children in an orphanage. Phewww, what a dent that would have on the national image.
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by enugu(f): 1:04am On Oct 31, 2006
@ Desiree,

Just wanted to know how she will deal with the racism that David is going to suffer, the 'go back to where you came from' taunts and countless other issues that children of African heritage have to deal with in the UK. And what exactly are they going to tell him about the rest of his kith and kin in Malawi.

I understand where you're coming from but put yourself in a celebrity's shoes, would you not rather adopt a child that will ' blend' in quietly and without fanfare and if you really wanted to help poor blighted African children, teach their parent/ parents how to fish and feed them for life.

To be honest, I would not feel comfortable adopting a caucasian child because I would feel that I could never give him/her that cultural foundation that stems from our different races.

This are also hard facts of life and need to be considered. Sometimes that kind of help tends to backfire. A woman commented that she adopted an asian girl and now as a teenager, the girl constantly hits out and screams at her 'cuz she can't go and watch bollywood movies like her mates- she doesn't know how to be asian .This is made worse by the fact that she looks asian and so cannot deny her heritage.

I know it's not an easy one and who are we to say, however undecided cry
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by omoovie(f): 10:55pm On May 14, 2008
HW is a town of trend-followers. As soon as the celebrities saw how much media attention Jolie and Pitt received from adopting children they went bonkers! It changed from one star doing something truly human and adopting some kids from all over to a bunch of celebraties throwing their money weight around for attention like the kids are just living, breathing, "the latest" fashion accessories. You can tell with the Jolie-Pitts that it wasn't for media attention as they have done all their adoptions as quietly as possible and are striving the give the kids as normal a life as possible. & did I hear you say Britney Spears??!! Whoever gives their child to that mental health patient needs an exorcism! Next thing we know Nicole Richie and Amy Winehouse will be planning to adopt an African or Asian family so they can feed them! Balderdash!
Re: American Celebrities Scrambles To Adopt African Babies by lucabrasi(m): 4:12pm On May 15, 2008
abeg leave them to adopt as many black,orange,green babies as they want, in our country nigeria,how many of the politicians,eminent people living in 40/50 rooms mansions with less than ten people have ever fostered or adopted any of them?now people have to come all the way to adopt and we r complaining
@poster
why dont u start by adopting one of the children on the lagos hold ups selling gala and sleeping under the bridge before u stand on a moral highground,they have the money to help yes but it is not their problem it is our problem

(1) (2) (Reply)

Labi Of Gotel TV / J Martins' Traditional Wedding / International Singer Rihanna, Shows Off Her Ass On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.