Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,300 members, 7,839,466 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter (31602 Views)

Common Reasons Why Most Job Seekers Never Get Invited For Interviews / I Was Invited For A Job I Am Not Qualified For With My Certificate / He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by 6fit(f): 10:55pm On Nov 29, 2015
francizy:

This whole "end time" shît is already boring mehn... angry undecided
God bless u jare...what even brought about this end time crap?

1 Like

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by ybalogs(m): 10:58pm On Nov 29, 2015
optimusprime2:
wow...
In a Land of Joblessness and a time of Body movement, the destiny of a country lies on the hand of an old man, his name....
Buhari

1 Like

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by macklef(m): 10:58pm On Nov 29, 2015
ruggedtimi:
for u to pick your CV
It wouldbe funny sha. D guy dressed in all black suit n Red tie even with pocket square
To match hoping to start work immediately, and the hr just prints the hard copy if his CV n tells him to take it with him that the company dosnt need such waste products.

Just kidding o OP. Have faith wink

2 Likes

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by francizy(m): 11:02pm On Nov 29, 2015
6fit:

God bless u jare...what even brought about this end time crap?

One lasisi69, or whatever they call him, started the whole shyt..
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by homirefacuny(m): 11:08pm On Nov 29, 2015
You av a work dude.
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by nigeriancuban: 11:10pm On Nov 29, 2015
nothing pays in job opportunities like being real and direct ,although some dumb hr might not understand the advantage of having an employee who is blunt but some smart ones(hr) wont let such slip their fingers....but don't get your hopes up yet bro,like someone up there said,maybe you fit pass there go treat bruises for chemist ooo(jk) but I'm very optimistic that u are being invited for a positive reason....
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by dammytosh: 11:11pm On Nov 29, 2015
You lost the job already.

You lack confidentiality which is key as a Staff of a reputable organization.

Did you just put the name of the person on Nairaland to prove what exactly ?
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by Cavenchy(m): 11:23pm On Nov 29, 2015
I'm guessing the OP posted the HR's name in case a problem arises when he(his friend) goes there. Secondly, the lad said he advices them to keep the CV like he has some authority over the HR and staff. Let's hope the chat doesn't involve the HR returning the lad's CV in person.
In practice, HR's do not easily change their minds about who gets a job position on offer unless there is a very tangible reason for it (like an error or omission) and this usually involves a thorough assessment of the capabilities of the current workforce and the number of vacant allocations left for the spot on offer. If they have filled up all vacant positions before sending the rejection emails, they rarely would call you back just because you advised them to keep your cv. Companies are out to make money, they dont employ people cos they pity the unemployment situation and just want people to have jobs, its not a charity. They need people who have what it takes to get the job done. Additionally, they wont want to encourage people who are not satisfied with their feedback to go against protocol and write them back to demand their CVs are kept. I do hope for your friend's sake that they are willing to make an exception from the HR norm and truly offer him a job, but that's a 2% chance.

1 Like

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by flokii: 11:51pm On Nov 29, 2015
@OP go and explain yoursef there.. the reasons for ur action
it's a two way thing sha... either you get dealt with or you get a job..
just watch and see how people will start replying regret mails henceforth grin
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by Etizz: 12:29am On Nov 30, 2015
kavey10:

Lol! The HR guy wan organize beat the applicant mercilessly. Go at your own peril. grin grin

Like seriously, I laughed at dis post....

Funny.
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by babeface3: 2:47am On Nov 30, 2015
Not the name. Names not the real name
dammytosh:
You lost the job already.

You lack confidentiality which is key as a Staff of a reputable organization.

Did you just put the name of the person on Nairaland to prove what exactly ?
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by Allwility: 5:14am On Nov 30, 2015
Listen OP, two things are involved.

1. It's either the HR admires your guts, never say die attitude, warreva, reassessed your CV and found you suitable for the role hence the invite.

or

2. The HR feels you are the protege of some godfather, senator, President, society top shot, warreva and knows that turning you down might be bad for business hence he wants to find out.

For your sake I hope the first option is your case. Good luck with the interview! I'm sure you'd be needing it.
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by JohnReese: 5:53am On Nov 30, 2015
Guy u are mad. grin I don laugh taya
kavey10:

Lol! The HR guy wan organize beat the applicant mercilessly. Go at your own peril. grin grin
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by JohnReese: 5:55am On Nov 30, 2015
I owe endtime lasisi some bottles of beer. grin
francizy:

One lasisi69, or whatever they call him, started the whole shyt..
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by francizy(m): 5:58am On Nov 30, 2015
JohnReese:
I owe endtime lasisi some bottles of beer. grin

Give him your girlfriend too!
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by JohnReese: 6:03am On Nov 30, 2015
From experience HRS are the most proud set of people u can ever meet. They feel they are some sort of gods. They feel ur getting the job depends on dem. Personally I don't think the James guy want to do anything oda than return ur cv to u. If u were modest in ur email, it would have given u an edge. I'm also worried they specifically told u to ask for James. I hope he's not dere bouncer. grin

2 Likes

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by waleey27(m): 6:22am On Nov 30, 2015
He should be ready to answer the question on why they should keep his CV. What can he add to the company that they should keep his CV? He should prepare and be bold and original and tell them of what he can bring to the company.
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by JohnReese: 6:26am On Nov 30, 2015
If it's possible why not? Dis endtime slang always make me laugh. Anyway thank you #Endtime francizy
francizy:

Give him your girlfriend too!
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by Richy4(m): 6:41am On Nov 30, 2015
If it is a sales and customer services related job, they are looking for individuals that are persistent, who are not willing to accept a negative feedback but follow it up.

In this case you feel you did it sarcastically but it has helped you because the HR did not read it that way.

So you have been given one life line, Use it wisely.
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by kunbit(f): 6:43am On Nov 30, 2015
kennyman2000:
Hmmmm.... The HR might just want to know the person behind such gut and the potentials imbedded in him or her if his or her potentials could be of greater value to the coy..

Go 2moro bro and be confident like you showed in the mail you sent cos 2moro might be ''FACE TO FACE CONFIDENCE EXPERIMENTATION TEST'' and not the electronic confidence you displayed in the mail.

Also, try and get a secret recording gadget like a ''spy pen'' and get the meeting recorded secretly
incase they're trying to mess you up so as for u to have an evidence if you need to get them sued.

All the best!

Too much hollywood
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by eyinjuege: 7:22am On Nov 30, 2015
You've just been called for an interview.... Congrats in advance.
Make sure you dress appropriately, talk confidently and look them in the eye when talking.
Good luck.
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by missKiffy(f): 8:21am On Nov 30, 2015
You have nothing to be confused about, go and do your best
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by CountDracula(m): 8:22am On Nov 30, 2015
Panzerfaust:
The END TIME crew will soon arrive.

We are here... Ure our end time john the baptist

1 Like

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by BizBayo: 8:34am On Nov 30, 2015
optimusprime2:
wow...
In a Land of Joblessness and a time of Body movement, the destiny of a country lies on the hand of an old man, his name....

BROS, you are crazyyyyyyyyyy. Can't stop laughing hahahahaha. Body movement. na soccer pitch we dey
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by stevLegend: 8:47am On Nov 30, 2015
Keep a hopeful mind on the Horizon.. & surely, the outcome would be positively testimonial.
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by KruggerINC(m): 8:50am On Nov 30, 2015
Na marketing company jor......na dem dey dey desperate to recruit any recruitable angry
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by ingenuity2014: 8:55am On Nov 30, 2015
Reminds of the reply i once gave to one company that kept posting me. I'd passed the first test, the phone interview and traveled to Ibadan for the next interview. I sent a respectful follow-up mail after some weeks asking for the status of my application and they kept posting me. Someone called after a month or thereabout to ask if I was still interested, I said yes, then he gave me another person's number to call. I called the person and he said he was not aware that candidates were told to call him and blah blah blah. After like three months, they sent another mail that I should come for another interview and coincidentally, that was the week I got an offer from another organisation. I just replied that I wont be available for the interview as I am no longer interested and wished them success in their interview and that the best man should have the job. grin grin grin grin. I felt soooo good with myself.

1 Like

Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by rakkeal(f): 9:07am On Nov 30, 2015
optimusprime2:
wow...
Buhari!!
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by femidejulius(m): 9:07am On Nov 30, 2015
optimusprime2:
wow...

... Muhammadu Buhari. He was a former warrior and for his unprecedented honestly and integrity he was to lead a rich land that has been plundered into poverty by his predecessors. His immediate predecessor was called "Clueless", but six months into his government, has anything change?
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by karleone(m): 9:08am On Nov 30, 2015
Hopeful response!!!!!
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by Victosin09(f): 10:39am On Nov 30, 2015
ingenuity2014:
Reminds of the reply i once gave to one company that kept posting me. I'd passed the first test, the phone interview and traveled to Ibadan for the next interview. I sent a respectful follow-up mail after some weeks asking for the status of my application and they kept posting me. Someone called after a month or thereabout to ask if I was still interested, I said yes, then he gave me another person's number to call. I called the person and he said he was not aware that candidates were told to call him and blah blah blah. After like three months, they sent another mail that I should come for another interview and coincidentally, that was the week I got an offer from another organisation. I just replied that I wont be available for the interview as I am no longer interested and wished them success in their interview and that the best man should have the job. grin grin grin grin. I felt soooo good with myself.
I can imagine! Looking forward to something like that
Re: Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter by franklingud(m): 11:45am On Nov 30, 2015
cheesy nyc move op, buh. If u don't wanna go jus give their address lemme represent you there.
Don't waste time to go there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shortcut Techniques in Solving Dragnet/SHL/Kenexa/Cubik Numerical test / Join Me To Thank God Oooooo. I Have Just Gotten A Job / Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.