Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Charpman - Made In 9ja - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Charpman - Made In 9ja (2163 Views)

*picts*those Saying That There Is No Food In 9ja Besides Rice And Beans,come In / Where Can I Get Cake And Wine Ingredients In 9ja / Hw Much Is A Bag Of Garri, Beans, Semo, Elubo, Rice & Veg Oil(25kg) In 9ja Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Charpman - Made In 9ja by Rockie: 1:51pm On May 27, 2009
I was on vacation in the uk some years back, stayed with a friend who decided to take me out with some white folks. At one of the restaurants we visited, i asked for chapman and the waitress was looking at me, not knowing what i meant, i was really suprised and turned to one of the white folks who also did not know what chapman is. It was when i got back to 9ja nad was telling one of my friends that i was told that the drink was actually concocted in Nigeria. I felt really proud, cause the drink is so fresh and different from our locally made drinks here in nigeria.
Re: Charpman - Made In 9ja by Christie(f): 12:58pm On Jun 01, 2009
Chapman is actually an african non-alcoholic cocktail. I witnessed a scene some years back in one of the five star hotels in Abuja, an argument between a black supervisor and his white manager (F&B dept). The manager asked the waiter to remove the cucumber 'cos wine is not served that way, the waiter told him that his supervisor instructed them to do that. The supervisor was summoned before the general manager and the F&B manager-possibly to be querried, he gave an interesting lecture on chapman to the two white men and insisted that as the bar supervisor he will not allow chapman to be served without those items because the manager is white and does not know anything about chapman while he has over ten years experience working @ the Hilton where chapman was discovered as an african mixture. The GM was convinced and told the supervisor to go ahead with his usual arrangement. He not only convinced the GM but all th guests @ the bar that day, infact that was the day i knew that chapman is an african cocktail. Chapman's infact very easy to prepare.

(1) (Reply)

What Manner Of Chemicals Are Contained In Nigerian Soft Drinks? / Potatoes: What Can You Do With Them? / Natural Juices For Personal Consumption And Events In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.