Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

A Special Recipe For A Special Day - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / A Special Recipe For A Special Day (1008 Views)

Dont Miss This Special Recipe Because Of Ignorance!!! / Seafood Delicacies And Recipe For Seafood Lovers / Tiger Prawns In Coconut Milk - A Valentines Day Special Recipe! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Special Recipe For A Special Day by oluxsmeals: 7:36pm On Nov 29, 2015
So it was my mum’s birthday last Saturday. I had no formal arrangement for the celebration (get together) which was to take place at my sister’s house. While counting down to the proposed time, my other sibling suggested I re-visit one of my favourite recipes, so that we can give her a treat.
Gizdodo/Gizdo as it’s usually called has been one of my favourite meal/recipe ever since I had a taste of it. Most of us from the south-south and south-east have no idea about this special delicacy. But, not to worry, there’s usually a first time. Get ready to twist your traditional Christmas menu. So, let me get down to details.

INGREDIENTS:
Vegetable oil, Plantain (5-6pieeces), Gizzard(chicken or turkey) – 1kilo, scotch bonnet chillies/atarado/atarubu/ose ndu,red bell pepper(tatashae), fresh tomatoes, white bulb onions, spring onions, ginger and garlic clove, green pepper, green pea, carrot, nutmeg , benny, stock cube, curry and thyme

1ST STEP:
*Get everything ready in order to make your cooking easier and simple.
*Slice all your vegetables and set it aside.
*Blend your tomatoe, atarado and tatashae(half blend,don’t blend to paste).
*Slice your plantain in small cubes and set aside.*slice your gizzard same way you sliced your plantain.

2ND STEP:
*Boil your Gizzard, spice it to your taste (watch the salt level).
*Extract the gizzard from it’s stock when its ready, set aside in a sieve.
*Fry your plantain and set aside in a bowl/sieve.
*Heat you vegetable oil and then add your white bulb onions, stir fry a little and then add the blended vegetables(tomatoe, tatashae and atarado).
*Add a little nutmeg, ginger and garlic clove, then add your seasonings(benny and stock cube).
*When your sauce is ready, add your gizzard and allow to heat for like 5-10mins.
*Then add your sliced vegetables and stir.*Finally, add your plantain and stir, allow to heat for about 5-10mins(optional).
N:B - Less of fresh tomatoes, More of pepper

Your GIZDO is ready! So back to my story, my mum loved her surprise birthday meal treat and a guest requested for the recipe. I felt so happy and fulfilled at the end of the get together.
If you try this recipe, feel free to leave your comments, share your opinions and drop your questions. Lets educate one another.

THANKS,
OLUXMEALS.

View more: http://oluxmeals..com.ng

Re: A Special Recipe For A Special Day by aydelicious: 5:31pm On Dec 01, 2015
I love the way you ganished it,its lovely...
Re: A Special Recipe For A Special Day by oluxsmeals: 4:58pm On Dec 02, 2015
Thank you

(1) (Reply)

How Many Of You Will Eat This Type Of Cake? / Buy Your Chicken Parts In Retail At The Price Of Wholesale / Plssssssssssssss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.