Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Yudala Makes First Drone Delivery In Lagos - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Yudala Makes First Drone Delivery In Lagos (882 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / Anambra Teenager Designed And Built This Drone (Video) / Google Set To Launch Drone Delivery Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yudala Makes First Drone Delivery In Lagos by TechInsider: 10:43pm On Nov 29, 2015
One of Nigeria’s biggest online and offline shopping platforms, Yudala, says it has made the first drone delivery of a product ordered by an online shopper.

The company said the product was ordered by a staff of Access Bank, Yetunde Lawal, a first-time shopper on its website, in the company’s ongoing Black Friday sales expected to be rounded off on Monday, November 30.

Lawal ordered a Nokia Lumia smartphone which was delivered to her Access Bank, Gbagada-Oshodi Expressway office by the drone on Thursday.

The drone delivered the product in front of the bank, and an accompanying Yudala staff member handed the ordered item over and issued the receipt.

Considering the deplorable traffic situation in some major cities in Nigeria, especially Lagos, many online shopping platforms may consider deploying the drone option to better serve their customers.

see the drone here - http://www.techinsider.ng/yudala-makes-first-drone-delivery-in-lagos/
Re: Yudala Makes First Drone Delivery In Lagos by Lovetinz(m): 10:57pm On Nov 29, 2015
TechInsider:
and an accompanying Yudala staff member handed the ordered item over and issued the receipt.

Accompany how?

1 Like

Re: Yudala Makes First Drone Delivery In Lagos by XuteSleeks(m): 11:01pm On Nov 29, 2015
Makes no sense to me 'cept if I'm missing something cos the Yudala staff might as well have brought the package instead of 'accompanying' a drone.

1 Like

Re: Yudala Makes First Drone Delivery In Lagos by Nobody: 11:13pm On Nov 29, 2015
RUBBISH AND END TIME DELIVERY.
Re: Yudala Makes First Drone Delivery In Lagos by TechInsider: 10:42am On Nov 30, 2015
XuteSleeks:
Makes no sense to me 'cept if I'm missing something cos the Yudala staff might as well have brought the package instead of 'accompanying' a drone.
I believe if you are testing/using something for the first time you dont just leave it to go on its own...
you need to follow it and monitor it... but am also still wondering on how the drone will deliver by itself ....

i know they will improve on the delivery method soon.... lets just wait and see how it plays out..
Re: Yudala Makes First Drone Delivery In Lagos by TechInsider: 10:43am On Nov 30, 2015
walescounis:
RUBBISH AND END TIME DELIVERY.
END TIME DELIVERY?? SO YOU LIKE BEGINNING TIME DELIVERY??
Re: Yudala Makes First Drone Delivery In Lagos by TechInsider: 10:45am On Nov 30, 2015
Lovetinz:

Accompany how?
the staff followed the drone.. I guess!

(1) (Reply)

closed / 5 Baby Websites To Help Expecting Nigerian Mothers / Top 10 Google Nigeria Searches / Search Trends 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.