Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,761 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:19 AM

Dominion City Daily Devotional - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dominion City Daily Devotional (1608 Views)

Dominion: RCCG 66th Annual Convention, August 6-12th, 2018 / Woman With Issue Of Blood 'Healed' At Dominion City After 11 Years / Dominion City Camp Meeting 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dominion City Daily Devotional by chibedo: 7:38am On Nov 30, 2015
DOMINION MANDATE DAILY DEVOTIONAL
Sun 29th November, 2015
PUT ON THE NEW MAN

Eph 4:23-32
And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; (24) And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. (25) Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. (26) Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: (27) Neither give place to the devil. (28) Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. (29) Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. (30) And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. (31) Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: (32) And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Habits are formed when certain thought patterns produce actions that are carried out repeatedly until they become one’s regular and consistent way of responding or acting. The accumulation of habits forms a person’s character. A person’s character determines how that person will turn out in life and whether that person will fulfill destiny.

If you have received Christ as your Lord and savior, you have it within your power to choose at any time to drop character traits that are working against you and cultivate new ones that will favour you. To achieve this, you need the help of the Holy Spirit.
In your journey towards developing positive character, the questions you must ask include: Who am I? Why am here? What am I here to do? Who should I work with? Where do I do the work? Why is it important that I succeed in this work?

Your answer to these questions will make it clear to you the character traits you must cultivate to succeed in life; the kind of people you need and the kind you must cut off; the environment you have to function in and the vocation you have to engage in.

Dominion is all about becoming the best that God created you to be. To function in dominion, you have to take radical decisions and implement them. You need a complete overhauling of your thoughts and your character.

PRAYER POINT
Pray for a clear revelation of what God brought you to the earth to do
Ask for empowerment to fulfill your purpose

CONFESSION
My life is going through a process of change that is making me the very best I was created to be. I submit to the process knowing that in the end, I shall be most blessed.
Re: Dominion City Daily Devotional by chibedo: 9:03am On Nov 30, 2015
Mon 30th November, 2015
AS YOU THINK, SO YOU ARE
READ: Philippians 4:4-9

Every conscious action that you take is preceded by a thought or series of thoughts. The thoughts that dominate your heart over a period determine how you act within the period. If you have harbored thoughts of appreciation for someone, those thoughts propel you to send a present or card that best expresses what you think about the person. If you hold thoughts that are opposite of this, you will also be propelled to do things that are the opposite of this.

Proverbs 23:7 says. “For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.” Your behaviors and character are product of what you think in your heart. To change your behavior and character therefore, you have to begin with changing what you think.

There are thoughts that fan the flame for sexual immorality and other kinds of sins. Terminating those thoughts at their roots is the first step towards liberation. The thoughts are usually stimulate by books, friends and the things you discuss. Cutting off these things that stimulate the undesired thoughts is your first major step to freedom.

The principle here is: If you don’t want to do it, don’t think about it. Don’t fill your heart with pictures and mental images of it either. No wonder the scripture says in phil. 4:8, “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things”

PRAYER POINT
Vehemently reject every influence that makes you do things you regret afterwards. Set them on fire.

CONFESSION
Fire will not burn me if fire does not touch me. I separate myself from the devastating fire of impure thoughts and imaginations

1 Like

Re: Dominion City Daily Devotional by chibedo: 6:33am On Dec 01, 2015
Tue 1st December, 2015
LOVE BEYOND IMAGINATION
READ: Romans 8:29-39

So great is the love of Jesus for you that nothing whatsoever will be able to separate you from this love. You are the only one who is capable of separating yourself from the love of Jesus. If you refuse to accept Him, or refuse to walk in His ways, then you can be deprived of the benefit of this great love.

From Romans 8:35-39, you can see how deep; how wide; and how strong the love of Jesus for you is. “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine …. For I am persuade, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities … shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

When you respond to the love that Jesus has poured out upon you, He begins to live inside you and He fills you with all the fullness of God. “That Christ may dwell in your heart through faith…to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God” (Ephesians3:17-19)

PRAYER POINT
• John 3:16, pray for your family. Ask that they will respond to the love of God expressed through the death of Jesus on the cross
• John 3:36. Resolve to take the message of God’s love to everyone you know and pray that the Holy Spirit will convict them as you witness to them
• Pray for leaders, elders, workers and members of your church; that God will strengthen them to draw more souls into His kingdom

CONFESSION
The love of Jesus rescued me. I dedicate myself to be a vessel for the rescue of other souls that are languishing.
Re: Dominion City Daily Devotional by chibedo: 6:36am On Dec 01, 2015
Happy new month everyone! Wishing you guys all the best this season and beyond. GOD bless you.
Re: Dominion City Daily Devotional by chibedo: 8:09am On Dec 02, 2015
Pastor David Ogbueli

Wed 2nd December, 2015
WALK AS CHILDREN OF LIGHT
READ: Ephesians 5:1-14

You are a product of nature and nurture. Nature refers to those things you inherited from your parents, such as blood group, genotype, colour of your skin, texture of your hair and other such natural inheritance. Concerning these, you do little or nothing to change them. Nurture refers to things learnt from parents, teachers, peers, media and the environment. You can change these ones anytime you become sufficiently determine to do so.

The principle upon which habits and character are built is that in the beginning, you may fear, resent, abhor and reject to do a thing. But when you think often of these things, you will be drawn closer to give them a try. When you have broken the inertia and done it the first time, it becomes easier to do it the second time, and another time and over and over. This eventually becomes a habit and the habit enters your character.

In Ephesians5:8, we are commanded to “Walk as children of light.” A bad habit or character can be broken and reversed by going in the reverse direction of how it was formed. Initially, it will seem difficult or impossible to break and reverse. But when you have determined to break the stronghold, your most important step is to break for the first time. It becomes easier by the enablement of the Holy Spirit to refuse it the second, third and subsequent tests.

Galatians 5:1 admonishes, “Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.”

PRAYER POINT
Ezekiel 36:26-27 – ask God to give you a new heart and pour His spirit afresh on you.

CONFESSION
By His love and sacrifice, Jesus has set me free; I am free indeed
Re: Dominion City Daily Devotional by Chylo(m): 8:04pm On Apr 24, 2016
Oga, wetin happen? Why you nor dey post again?

(1) (Reply)

What The Church Says About Chain Messages / Shouldn't You Guys Just Let Some Religious People Be? / Rev. Mbaka To Resign As Prophet If This Doesn't Happen On October 1 (must See)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.