Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

How To Increase The Body Weight Of Broilers - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Increase The Body Weight Of Broilers (8150 Views)

How To Increase The Body Weight Of Broilers / 12 Month Continuous Supply Of Broilers Chickens & Eggs / Profitability Of Broilers & Layers Production. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Increase The Body Weight Of Broilers by ayodejy05(m): 8:24am On Nov 30, 2015
Read full article at https://www.livestocking.net/increase-the-body-weight-of-broilers-christmas

The truth is that, if your broilers do not grow bigger or have good body weights, then don’t expect much profit or have it at the back of your mind that you run at a loss. Nevertheless, you can still do something to make your broiler chicken grow bigger. I will use this post to brief you on how to make broilers add more weight without incurring additional cost.

1. Sort broilers according to their sizes and weights

The first thing you need to do is that, you should sort your broilers that have similar body size or weight together, and keep them in the same growing pen. This will eliminate the factor of inequality.

Read full article at https://www.livestocking.net/increase-the-body-weight-of-broilers-christmas
Re: How To Increase The Body Weight Of Broilers by Abatsam111(m): 8:25am On Nov 30, 2015
Re: How To Increase The Body Weight Of Broilers by Confessng: 9:01am On Nov 30, 2015
I put it to you that sorting wont work,Because animals by nature live be survival of the fittest so when you put all the big fat ones somewhare they will eventually beat up some till those ones become runtish like the ones you just took them away from ,
what will work is to increase feeding and feed at once in cone feeders that drop the feed in the trays as the birds perk at the feeders

What will happen is that when the big aggressive once finish eating and go and rest somewhere the weaker not so aggressive once can then go an feed

but if you feed them twice a day or 3ce the big ones will always be the ones eating all the food each time

ayodejy05:
The truth is that, if your broilers do not grow bigger or have good body weights, then don’t expect much profit or have it at the back of your mind that you run at a loss. Nevertheless, you can still do something to make your broiler chicken grow bigger. I will use this post to brief you on how to make broilers add more weight without incurring additional cost.

1. Sort broilers according to their sizes and weights

The first thing you need to do is that, you should sort your broilers that have similar body size or weight together, and keep them in the same growing pen. This will eliminate the factor of inequality.

Read full article at http://www.livestocking.com/increase-the-body-weight-of-broilers-christmas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Increase The Body Weight Of Broilers by apexquest(m): 10:13am On Nov 30, 2015
Confessng:
I put it to you that sorting wont work,Because animals by nature live be survival of the fittest so when you put all the big fat ones somewhare they will eventually beat up some till those ones become runtish like the ones you just took them away from ,
what will work is to increase feeding and feed at once in cone feeders that drop the feed in the trays as the birds perk at the feeders

What will happen is that when the big aggressive once finish eating and go and rest somewhere the weaker not so aggressive once can then go an feed

but if you feed them twice a day or 3ce the big ones will always be the ones eating all the food each time

what i do is to provide more than enough feeding troughs, so that at any point in time all of them virtually have the same access to feed.
Re: How To Increase The Body Weight Of Broilers by Confessng: 10:19am On Nov 30, 2015
apexquest:

what i do is to provide more than enough feeding troughs, so that at any point in time all of them virtually have the same access to feed.
Yea i think we are saying the same thing,having enough feeding throughs is the key really and trust me its better to feed them once with all their ration for the day or twice early in the morning and late in the evening cos broilers cant stand the afternoon eat thats why some of them have heat stroke,anyways before i start yakking(going on and on ) all the best with your farm
Re: How To Increase The Body Weight Of Broilers by olujuwonj(m): 7:19am On Nov 14, 2019
Do you need a geologist to carry out a hydro-geophysical survey for your borehole, solar borehole installation, geological survery or stratigraphic mapping... We are just a call away, we work nationwide.

Tel: 08055855962

https:///2348089626981

(1) (Reply)

Water Soluble Fertilizers +Seedling tray + Mulch film + Coco Peat Now Available! / 300 acres of farmland for outright sale along Benin-Okada expressway.#65M / Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.