Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,818 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme (8184 Views)

CBN Resumes Agric Funding With ₦‎100 Billion / Hybrid Agro Seeds For Commercial Farming And Home Gardening. / Nigeria Releases First Transgenic Crop – Cowpea Resistant To Pod Borers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by voiceoftheupcom: 6:07am On Oct 19, 2017
CBN RELEASES N501BN FOR COMMERCIAL AGRIC CREDIT SCHEME
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/10/cbn-releases-n501bn-for-commercial.html

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has so far released a total sum of N501.697 billion under the commercial agriculture credit scheme (CACS).
Information obtained from the bank by Eyes Of Lagos showed that the fund was deployed to boost 526 agriculture projects across the country.
The document also showed that total repayment under the scheme was N251.156 billion in respect of 526 projects, out of which 281 projects had fully been repaid as at the end of September 2017.
It was gathered that outstanding balance with lending banks was N250.541 billion as at September 30, 2017.
The CACS was established by the federal government and is financed from the proceeds of the N200 billion three-year bonds raised by the Debt Management Office (DMO).
The fund is made available to participating banks to finance commercial agricultural enterprises.
Speaking with our correspondent on the sidelines of a three-day workshop for CACS agriculture desks officers of commercial banks in Lagos organised by the Nigeria Agriculture Insurance Corporation (NAIC), project management officer of the CBN, Mr. Ademuyiwa Adeleke, expressed worry about frequent abuse and negligence of laid down policies and CACS guidelines.
Adeleke disclosed that banks have flouted repatriation of loans and often failed to carry out due diligence of projects before disbursement of loans.
He warned that CBN would not hesitate to apply appropriate sanctions against banks that fail to observe due process.
In her opening remarks, the managing director of NAIC, Folashade Joseph, said the deposit money banks and other financial institutions have been NAIC’s major distribution channel over the years.
Joseph said the deposit money banks serve as credit providers, while NAIC acts as risk management service provider.
According to her, NAIC as a major stakeholder in the Central Bank of Nigeria CACS’ initiative has repositioned itself to improve on its product offerings and services with a vision of “remaining the pioneer and leader in the agro-investment risk management sphere” in Nigeria.
“Risk management remains an integral part of any modern day agricultural financing model, as such the Central Bank of Nigeria has deemed it fit to ensure that any agricultural investor accessing the CACS facility must have the project insured by NAIC as stated in the current lending guidelines for the CACS loan”, she said.
This, Joseph noted, is to protect the project from failing due to unforeseen risks.
She said, “This capacity building program is to enlighten the agricultural desk officers of banks on how to implement the risk management component of the CACS.
“Furthermore, NAIC is committed to forging the appropriate partnerships with deposit money banks in the fulfillment of their mandate by the provision of the appropriate risk management services to the agricultural investors being financed by the banks”.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by igbsam(m): 6:42am On Oct 19, 2017
If only it would get to the grassroot beneficial then i'd applaud them for this. But we know this funds has a bus stop where it will vanish into thin air via dubious means or end up in the pocket of people who have no idea what Agriculture means

10 Likes

Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by jerrybakermillz(m): 6:42am On Oct 19, 2017
Ok..
Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by tbanj07(m): 6:43am On Oct 19, 2017
Eyin o ni space yi lasan
Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 19, 2017
chelsea and man u are just disappointing fans like the way buhari and apc government is doing embarassedk
don't be suprised to see this project dying as the elite start pocketing the funds.
since may 29 2015, i have not been trusting any project under this administration and this present clueless government have been given me effrontery to continue.

1 Like

Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by jerrybakermillz(m): 6:43am On Oct 19, 2017
Ok.
Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by GavelSlam: 6:43am On Oct 19, 2017
Good stuff.
Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by Promismike(m): 6:43am On Oct 19, 2017
The Bank of Industries gave the nation forms to apply for loans of just 100,000 each. I applied for this loan. And when the loan was disbursed the north got its own first and were given 100,000 naira each followed by the west. And after 3 to 4 months when the north and west must have collected their own. The east and south east were ask to come and collect theirs, guess what we recieved in our accounts 50,000 naira. And 4,000 naira has already been deducted from the account of some of us. I included.
How many of us know that World bank released billions of naira to Nigeria for entrepreneur and business development last year. And this fund was diverted to the north since last year. I got to know of this when I meet a group of guys who has brought this World bank development scheme to a church.
This is the nature of one Nigeria we have. And you expect a region not to demand separations. Injustice has a way it impoverishes one even as one received undue advantages.
The north remains the most impoverished region in Nigeria despite the political power and the undue advantages it has enjoined for year.
Karma has a way it pays one back.

Modified;
For those of you who think am lying. Go to Steilling Bank and confirm. This cash is being disbursed by Sterlling bank.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by sweetyme001(f): 6:43am On Oct 19, 2017
G
Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 19, 2017
Wow half trillion quid... concocted figures...How much is budgeted for the entire Ministry of Agriculture on a yearly basis? This is designed yet again to seduce, deceive and confuse naive people

6 Likes

Bullocks. We never see d recipients
Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by coolestchris(m): 6:44am On Oct 19, 2017
trust me half of the money will be used to service corruption .
Nigeria is the most corrupt country in the world...
a country built on Corruption is bound to fail

3 Likes

Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by privatedss: 6:45am On Oct 19, 2017
every day billion billion but of a truth no one ever see the impact of such
Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by lurdmoel: 6:47am On Oct 19, 2017
Get full control of your vehicle(s) at a very affordable price with our high performance devices. You dont break a sweat at all as our devices are all automated with technologically advanced features to take care of your vehicles' security at all times!
Major Features of our car Tracking devices:
1. Engine cut off with an SMS command: you can turn off your car from anywhere, even abroad with just a simple SMS command, and you must activate it before the vehicle will start up again.

2. Real time Tracking both online and offline: You can track your car offline with an SMS or offline on an application. This application comes embedded with highly advanced landmarks/Maps to give you a great deal of accuracy. You can track your car anywhere.

3. Geo Fencing: you can limit your car to a particular zone. Taking it out of that zone sends you an alert of trips it off.

4. Spy on the occupants of the vehicle with built in mic. You can listen in on their conversations from anywhere.

5. Low Battery/Battery disconnect alert. Your car alerts you whenever the battery is low or disconnected and sends you location.

6. Overspeed alert: you car notifies you whenever the set speed limit is exceeded. This is great for transport/Haulage companies that wish to check the speed of their drivers. For more information, Purchase and installation,pls call 08066804625

Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by Atiku2019: 6:47am On Oct 19, 2017
cool
Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by Equal2DeTask(m): 6:47am On Oct 19, 2017
Forget it joor

no good account of this money will be made at the end of the day..
Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by GavelSlam: 6:48am On Oct 19, 2017
coolestchris:
trust me half of the money will be used to service corruption .
Nigeria is the most corrupt country in the world...
a country built on Corruption is bound to fail

In the same article it states that over half the funds have been relayed already.

Or did you miss that part?

2 Likes

Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by Bullhari007(m): 6:51am On Oct 19, 2017
when will they release billions for industrialization of other areas food stuffs they will sold to us they should share their proceed accordingly, no be only oil money suppose share ... Ndi Ara

2 Likes

Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by Pavore9: 6:51am On Oct 19, 2017
They keep on releasing but does all the fund get to the intended beneficiaries?
Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by JoshMedia: 6:56am On Oct 19, 2017
Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by mgbadike81: 6:56am On Oct 19, 2017
more funds for the 2019 elections.
Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by StrongandMighty: 6:58am On Oct 19, 2017
Is it d Money doz criminals go pocket? Money all doz bastard politicians have already shared among themselves? ... Next news please, I am not impressed

1 Like

Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by serikiYCU(m): 6:59am On Oct 19, 2017
It works and not designed for rich farmers only. Just go to your commercial bank and ask about agricultural loan. They'll give you the guidelines on how you can be a beneficiary. Pm me for further enquiries
Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by GavelSlam: 6:59am On Oct 19, 2017
Pavore9:
They keep on releasing but does all the fund get to the intended beneficiaries?

So who repaid the loans?
Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by chrischina(m): 7:01am On Oct 19, 2017
privatedss:
every day billion billion but of a truth no one ever see the impact of such

Everyday billions of naira , if not dollars but nothing to show for it, since I was born in this thing call country nothing good has ever happen. Go to China and see what there leadership are doing with development, there citizens benefit from all area. But here in nigeria, the most common things of nature that we human need is meant only for the politicians. Anyway time will tell, one day na one day there eye go clear.
Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by tolufase: 7:01am On Oct 19, 2017
Hope it will be used judiciously.
Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by Noblebrown7(m): 7:03am On Oct 19, 2017
I hear..
Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by kay29000(m): 7:04am On Oct 19, 2017
Hmm
Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by jomoh: 7:13am On Oct 19, 2017
Going by the comments I've seen on this thread and the ones on the external reserve thread last night, I am convinced that Nigerian educational system is in trouble.

This is a CBN loan not a government ministry or agency. This is a banking institution loan financing with adequate insurance to back it up. In case it fails, the insurance company pays and if the insurance company wants to avoid paying, then they must ensure the loan performs.

We have too many educated illiterates in this country. That is the why someone can sit in the corner of his room and deceive the gullible citizens that the army is injecting students with monkey pox virus.

Only God can save this country.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by Pavore9: 7:14am On Oct 19, 2017
GavelSlam:

So who repayed the loans?

Going by antecedent, most of the dispensing banks feel comfortable giving out the loans to non agriculture related businesses.
Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by mapet: 7:32am On Oct 19, 2017
igbsam:
If only it would get to the grassroot beneficial then i'd applaud them for this. But we know this funds has a bus stop where it will vanish into thin air via dubious means or end up in the pocket of people who have no idea what Agriculture means

How can it get to "grassroot beneficial" (whatever that means), when we have lazy people that will not take a step talkless of doing the work. The basic thing to do is to be a member of a co-operative. Are you in any one?

2 Likes

Re: Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme by mapet: 7:35am On Oct 19, 2017
Promismike:
The Bank of Industries gave the nation forms to apply for loans of just 100,000 each. I applied for this loan. And when the loan was disbursed the north got its own first and were given 100,000 naira each followed by the west. And after 3 to 4 months when the north and west must have collected their own. The east and south east were ask to come and collect theirs, guess what we recieved in our accounts 50,000 naira. And 4,000 naira has already been deducted from the account of some of us. I included.
How many of us know that World bank released billions of naira to Nigeria for entrepreneur and business development last year. And this fund was diverted to the north since last year. I got to know of this when I meet a group of guys who has brought this World bank development scheme to a church.
This is the nature of one Nigeria we have. And you expect a region not to demand separations. Injustice has a way it impoverishes one even as one received undue advantages.
The north remains the most impoverished region in Nigeria despite the political power and the undue advantages it has enjoined for year.
Karma has a way it pays one back.

Bloody liar. The Agric loan is not given on individual basis. Beneficiaries form cooperative clusters and the loan is given to clusters who have met set criteria.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2 Years Snail Farming Challenge: My Experience / Can You Supply Maize In large Quantity / What Effect Does Lime Have On Concrete Fish Pond?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.