Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Toyota Highlander 2011 Vs Toyota 4runner 2009 Which Is Preferable? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Highlander 2011 Vs Toyota 4runner 2009 Which Is Preferable? (1965 Views)

Honda Accord 2009( Evil Spirit) Vs Toyota Camry 2009 (spider) / Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon / Toyota Venza Vs Toyota Lexus RX 350 (your Advise Needed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Highlander 2011 Vs Toyota 4runner 2009 Which Is Preferable? by romano1: 1:45pm On Nov 30, 2015
Respect to you all Gurus in the House. I need informed advised to make a choice between these two vehicles above, my considerations are Reliability, economy and comfort for a family. It is important also for the car to stand the test of time at good maintenance culture. Your advise will be greatly appreciated. THANKS.
Re: Toyota Highlander 2011 Vs Toyota 4runner 2009 Which Is Preferable? by femicousim: 3:17pm On Nov 30, 2015
they are pretty much siblings, the 4runner is on pick-up truck chassis, it comes with 1GR-FE V6 4.0L engine especially on N280s(5th generation starts late 2009 till present) but N210s (4th gen) which stops in 2009, you also have the 2UZ-FE engine, the highlander however is crossover SUV platform (K platform) it parades a 3.5L 2GR-FE engine majorly in that model year, it boasts of a third row so if you have a fairly large family, the highlander might be a better bet.

the 4runner comes across as more rugged, it's definitely an off-road, but it comes only in 2 rows. On maintenance they're almost @ par, fuel economy seems to favour highlander, except you're considering I4 in both models(2TR in 4runner 2.7L & 1AR in highlander also 2.7L)

i don't really like the design of the 1GR, if you have a timing issue, the whole engine has to be brought out, that's a minus from me
Re: Toyota Highlander 2011 Vs Toyota 4runner 2009 Which Is Preferable? by romano1: 7:38pm On Nov 30, 2015
femicousim:
they are pretty much siblings, the 4runner is on pick-up truck chassis, it comes with 1GR-FE V6 4.0L engine especially on N280s(5th generation starts late 2009 till present) but N210s (4th gen) which stops in 2009, you also have the 2UZ-FE engine, the highlander however is crossover SUV platform (K platform) it parades a 3.5L 2GR-FE engine majorly in that model year, it boasts of a third row so if you have a fairly large family, the highlander might be a better bet.
the 4runner comes across as more rugged, it's definitely an off-road, but it comes only in 2 rows. On maintenance they're almost @ par, fuel economy seems to favour highlander, except you're considering I4 in both models(2TR in 4runner 2.7L & 1AR in highlander also 2.7L)
i don't really like the design of the 1GR, if you have a timing issue, the whole engine has to be brought out, that's a minus from me
Thank you so much Sir for the insight, but you seem to favour the Highlander on technical grounds. But i was wondering the probability/frequency of having a timing problem regarding the 4runner. One more thing Sir, on a scale of 1 to 10, how will you rate The 4runner vs The Highlander. Best Regards.
Re: Toyota Highlander 2011 Vs Toyota 4runner 2009 Which Is Preferable? by femicousim: 7:24pm On Dec 03, 2015
romano1:

Thank you so much Sir for the insight, but you seem to favour the Highlander on technical grounds. But i was wondering the probability/frequency of having a timing problem regarding the 4runner. One more thing Sir, on a scale of 1 to 10, how will you rate The 4runner vs The Highlander. Best Regards.

you are welcome sir, funny enough, i prefer the 4runner because of my bias for boxy, rugged & ugly looking SUVs, BUT i was basing my response on your enquiry about fuel, comfort, family etc.

on the timing of the 4runner, i've only worked on 1 with a timing issue, and it's NOT enough to conclude that they usually have timing problems, i was just saying that i do not like the design of the engine because of the trouble of unmounting engine, when working on the timing

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Camry(2000-2001) Vs Honda Accord(2001-2002) / Lexus Es 350 2008 / What SUV Car Got This Head Light? [PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.