Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

How Important is the Internet to You? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Important is the Internet to You? (9259 Views)

How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet / Internet To Be Disrupted Worldwide On Wednesday / How Do I Configure Mtn 3.5g Usb Modem To Share Internet To 5 Pc's Using Router (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Important is the Internet to You? by salako: 11:22am On Nov 03, 2005
How has Internet aided or pained your life?  Do you love of despise the Internet? Are you addicted to the Internet?

What would happen to you if the information super-highway were to cease to exist?
Re: How Important is the Internet to You? by whiteshark(m): 2:16pm On Nov 03, 2005
very very,

I dont know wat I'll do if there was no internet...

b4 now fine... but now dat u already know wat u know, it will be rather difficult to adjust now...
Re: How Important is the Internet to You? by rufaai(m): 12:00am On Nov 07, 2005
Well, I cant picture this...

You know, 90% of my life has to do with the internet... I believe internet is my life... I have devoted my self to it... and now, i can imagine life without it...

3yrs of home based connection... I am online at all times... I don't think it can survive it...

But i could remember the first they i went online... It was like river of dream, Everything seems unbelievable...
Re: How Important is the Internet to You? by omon(m): 12:29am On Nov 07, 2005
I work from home and sit on the internet all day long
Re: How Important is the Internet to You? by sbucareer(f): 11:48pm On Jan 11, 2006
Internet has been around for as long as I can remember. During the early days of civilization, the Egyptian uses smoke to communicate to other local community at a relatively far distant. I remember in my village, during the Christmas when all member of my family must go home for the occasion. I use to see a man working round the village gonging the xylophone and saying something like "We are holding end of the year meeting at the kings palace". He'd gong it three times and move on to another location and repeat the same message.

The problem was the message did not travel very far, but he had to move to another relative distance to repeat the same message. I wonder why scientist called a telecommunication equipment "repeater".

To me internet is an advancement of communication that has been around for years. The most important thing the Internet does, staggeringly important if one really thinks about it, is the amazing, far reaching, practically unstoppable way in which the Internet connects people together. The Internet allows people to communicate with each other over vast distances, and across all kinds of boundaries that formerly made communication difficult or impossible.

To me internet is a tool, it could be used constructively and in the hands of mischief’s, it could be devastating. It would be long before internet in Nigeria could be used as a deadly weapon.

Imagine in the west, internet is a weapon for terrorist. The west depends on internet for their daily life. When we talk of internet the first thing that goes to mind is computer. Well, internet is not only computer. Mobile phone uses internet, bank uses internet, traffic light uses internet, aeroplane uses internet, TV uses internet, water station uses internet, electric uses internet (Electric grid) to control and monitor electricity, many more applications like that uses internet I cannot remember them all now.

It has been said Tony Blair, UK prime minister solicited American internet gurus to help with his campaign. If someone can bring down the internet the most affected would undoubtedly be the west as their daily busineses depends on the internet. Example, stock market, aviation, Bank(ATM Machines), Eletricity, traffic lights, TV stations, Mobile and static communication, hospital equipment(Live Support Systems). For me this treat is devastating.

But, where is internet? Could someone touch internet? Could internet get a virus and come down as a result? All these questions are subtle and attainable. But for me I am focusing on the good side of internet.

Reference
========================
1.[email] http://www.fas.org/irp/wwwinfo.html[/email]
Re: How Important is the Internet to You? by ldollier(f): 11:51pm On Jan 11, 2006
sbucareer grin

well the internet is very important to me and i mean very very important.

there was a time, my internet got caught off. men, i cried just joking. but really i dont know what i would do without my internet.
Re: How Important is the Internet to You? by sbucareer(f): 11:56pm On Jan 11, 2006
"Idollier":

but really i don't know what i would do without my internet

U could use the library, and write more conventional letters. hahaaa... grin I am joking I feel your yarn, but remember it is just a tool.
Re: How Important is the Internet to You? by ldollier(f): 12:05am On Jan 12, 2006
yea i could use the library, as a matter of fact i do. but the internet, is faster, easier and better. grin
Re: How Important is the Internet to You? by sbucareer(f): 12:21am On Jan 12, 2006
"Idollier":
better.

And tell me how internet is better?
Re: How Important is the Internet to You? by ldollier(f): 12:22am On Jan 12, 2006
well, i scratch that out. but i do say that it is easier and faster than a library.
Re: How Important is the Internet to You? by joftech(m): 10:52am On Jan 18, 2006
The internet is a source of income and hobby to me.
Re: How Important is the Internet to You? by Horus(m): 11:49pm On Jan 10, 2010
To me the internet is very important. Ten years ago, a public cyber cafe used to be the only access individuals had to the internet, now there are internet service providers (ISPs) in various shades and sizes, delivering direct access to individuals and businesses. Internet connectivity is also spreading to smaller Nigerian cities and rural areas.
Re: How Important is the Internet to You? by natur(m): 6:43pm On Mar 29, 2011
Life without the internet is a very BIG expensive one. Imagine the loads of freebies you can get through the internet, and how, almost impossible, you can try for the same freebies. And, that's just one aspect to it. Imagine searching information for a project in a library, and only hard a gist to search a library in another state or location. Transportation cost, time and energy, even accomodation will have to be the sacrifices you will have to make. But a computer as library and the internet as a route or network to this libraries saves us the hassles, energy, time and money as we conveniently surf the libraries from the comfort of our home, or a walk into a cyber cafe. Currently, I'm learning the web design and internet related programs to aid my upkeep. Hence, there are lots of folks doing the same ever since the advent of the internet thereby taking care of needs, families and making contribution that eased and lifted our burden. I first smiled at the topic, with the notion that I had led a couple of years when there seems to be nothing I've heard that spells I-N-T-E-R-N-E-T, and therefore I can still lead the old school life, without the internet. The fact is that, I may be able to adjust without a direct use of the internet, but my life and yours will suck without the internet.
Re: How Important is the Internet to You? by iice(f): 4:20am On Apr 05, 2011
Very important. Aside from TV, i get to watch movies and TV shows, get news on movies etc which is like the most important thing for me
Re: How Important is the Internet to You? by greatfuldead: 5:04am On Apr 05, 2011
Can life be meaningful, fulfilling without the internet? I doubt it.

(1) (Reply)

Dell Latitude E7240 (128gb Ssd, 12gb Ram, Core15, Backlit) 65k / ✈✳✅ AMERICAN USED Hp Envy LAPTOPS "SEE PICTURES " / Cheap Laptops At N29,500: Buy Before July 31st & Get A Free Hp Printer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.