Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? (69698 Views)

Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) / What ECOWAS Countries Have You Visited? How Do They Compare To Nigeria? / Sad Images From Nigerian Railway Corporation Eastern District (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 02, 2015
Afam4eva:

That's what tripped me about Owerri. The folks there are educated and reasonable. Just today alone I have exchanged words with about 3 people in Aba. The difference is just clear. In addition with the .massive construction work that Aba needs, it needs at least 2 new tertiary institutions. University of Aba and Aba central university.
what happened to Abia state university Uturu?
Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 02, 2015
Afam4eva:

That's what tripped me about Owerri. The folks there are educated and reasonable. Just today alone I have exchanged words with about 3 people in Aba. The difference is just clear. In addition with the .massive construction work that Aba needs, it needs at least 2 new tertiary institutions. University of Aba and Aba central university.
what happened to Abia state university Uturu? isn't a university, what's the need for another apart from federal university.
Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 02, 2015
As for comparison, every place has what makes it thick. Personally, in Enugu state, I love Enugu town, Udi, Nike. In Imo state, I love Owerri, Oguta, Nkwerre, Okwelle. In Anambra, I love Awka, Nise, Obosi, Nsugbe, Ihiala. In Abia, Obi Ngwa, Abriba, Item. In Delta (Anioma and Ika) I love Agbor, Kwale, Emu, Abi, Ogwashi-uku, Nsukwa. In Ebonyi, only Abakaliki appeals to me. What endears a place or people to my heart is the warmth/hospitality, the food, the culture and entertainment (places to hang out). Imo and Enugu have great infrastructure, hospitable people, good food, nice places to go and lovely culture... I would have listed nnewi above, but for the 3 times I attended funtions there, silly men tried to make stupid moves on me and my friends, our bags were ransacked at our hotel room and all our money was gone.
Afam4eva:
I'm fascinated by cities and recently I have been on the road in the east. I have visited Enugu, Owerri and Aba briefly and u intend spreading my tentacles soon. I stayed longer in Owerri and the truth is, I never expected what I saw in Owerri. I was expecting it to be one of those normal towns. I really didn't expect the kind of city life it possesses. One thing that tickled my fancy is the fact that it has a high population of educated folks especially students.

As for Enugu, I didn't really spend much time but I've been there severally though yet to tour the nooks and crannies but based on the reviews, its probably the best rounded city in the SE.

I'm currently in Aba and honestly there's nothing to say about the city other than the fact that it's a rejected and dejected town. I can't even bring out my camera to take pictures because there's nothing to snap. i can't risk my camera getting spoiled by the horrible scenery. It's just pathetic. The town needs a renaissance. All the roads should be constructed from scratch by juliua Berger and roads should also be constructed into the inner streets. An attempt should also be made to beautify the city. As I'm talking to you, there is no beautiful part of Aba. Everywhere just seems rough and unkempt. God save Aba.

Now back to my topic, for those who are frequent visitor of Enugu, Owerri, Aba, Onitaha and Asaba and Uyo. How do these towns compare to each other. I asked a girl who has visited Asaba and she said Asaba is better than Owerri and I was shocked as I always saw Asaba as an upcoming city. I also read a statement somewhere that Uyo has a better infrastructure than the revered Enugu. How true is this? I'll like to compare and contrast the pros and cons of these towns.
Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by freshcvvs: 3:42pm On Dec 02, 2015
wiseone28:

lipsrsealed land grabber

Uyo now in the east same with Asaba? 11th wonders of the world.
Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by MrEverest(m): 3:43pm On Dec 02, 2015
AnamCity:
^^

Nobody hates you nor your people but the reality is what is being said here. Afterward you opened this thread and we are here to tell you the truth. It is the truth but I know it is hurts but you have to live with it because your narrow view cannot hold and supersede the majority views.

Okay!

Nna stop this nonsense already, your haughtiness is so disgusting. you opened a thread about Anambra's educational exploits the other & we all concurred because thats a fact. now why would you come here to cast aspersions on Enugu when we all know that Enugu is about the most advanced city, east of the niger.

3 Likes

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by Afam4eva(m): 3:45pm On Dec 02, 2015
asuustrike2009:

what happened to Abia state university Uturu? isn't a university, what's the need for another apart from federal university.
Is Uturu a place in Aba?
Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by swezenberg(m): 3:52pm On Dec 02, 2015
Afam4eva:

So, to you, Enugu is in the east but not Uyo. What a product of a failed educational system. I spit on you.

[size=14pt]You can spit on your generation for all I care Uyo is the capital of which state didirin[/size]

Let me educate you from wikipedia

Uyo is a city and local government area in south-south Nigeria and is the capital of Akwa Ibom State, a major oil producing state . The town became the capital of Akwa Ibom State on September 23, 1987 following the creation of Akwa Ibom State from erstwhile Cross River State. The University of Uyo resides in this town. The population of Uyo, according to the 2006 Nigerian Census which comprises Uyo and Itu, is 436,606.[2] while the urban area,
Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by Elle277(f): 3:53pm On Dec 02, 2015
Not a traveler.. here to read comments thereafter decide the one to hit first :-XNot a traveler.. here to read comments thereafter decide the one to hit first
Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by swezenberg(m): 3:55pm On Dec 02, 2015
ezeagu:

Seems like the jokes on you? What is east in your map?

Nigeria is divided into how many Geo political zones. If you know that then I can help you out.
Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by Chinachriss(m): 4:04pm On Dec 02, 2015
FreeGlobe:

When in Port Harcourt can you compare with independence layout? Can you compare Enugu GRA with PH GRA. Ph that has only one expressway? PH is overrated, there is more money in ph yes but Enugu is a better city than PH.. I don't think you know Enugu
Shut your lying mouth. Aba Ph Express way is dualised. Enugu ph ex way fades into a single lane while entering Enugu. Biko, Enugu is too small for my liking. Only the stretch of Aba road in ph can swallow the whole of Enugu. Ph beats Enugu hands down in infrastructure, land mass, population etc. Does Enugu have numerous flyovers? Ph has a good number of buildings more than 15 floors. Does Enugu have a port? Ph has a port with countless jetties. From Ph port to ph international airport at Omagwa spans more than 30 kilometres to the West. From the port to Ph refinery is more than 40 kilometres to Eleme located North East of the port. From the port to Portharcourt's boundary at Eleme is more than 20 kilometres. If I were to include Port Harcourt metropolitan area which stretches from Obigbo to Okrika and Tai to Ikwerrre towns, you will run away. The whole of Enugu is just likea quatre of ph.

1 Like

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by Afam4eva(m): 4:23pm On Dec 02, 2015
swezenberg:

[size=14pt]You can spit on your generation for all I care Uyo is the capital of which state didirin[/size]

Uyo is a city and local government area in south-south Nigeria and is the capital of Akwa Ibom State, a major oil producing state . The town became the capital of Akwa Ibom State on September 23, 1987 following the creation of Akwa Ibom State from erstwhile Cross River State. The University of Uyo resides in this town. The population of Uyo, according to the 2006 Nigerian Census which comprises Uyo and Itu, is 436,606.[2] while the urban area,
Product of a failed educational system. I don't think I can help you.
Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by MrEverest(m): 4:24pm On Dec 02, 2015
About Aba, I must add that Aba is grossly exaggerated in a negative way, yes agreed that Aba is largely untidy which is a result of its commercial nature & ineptitude of past governors who lacked vision. Aba is a sprawling metropolis with so many industries, a home grown expertise in shoes, leather works & clothing as well as a huge commercial disposition. Aba needs a face-lift in the area of roads, refuse disposal, restriction of open markets & stalls along major roads & the city will be better than even P.H.

1 Like

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by Bekeey: 4:38pm On Dec 02, 2015
Ikengawo:

it's in the north you b1tch
It is in the south not north you bitch x2
Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by Bekeey: 4:40pm On Dec 02, 2015
Ikengawo:

it's in the north you b1tch
Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by lawflec(m): 4:42pm On Dec 02, 2015
Keneking:
1. Owerri (first position)
2. Enugu (second position)
3. Uyo (third place)
4. Asaba (fourth place)
5. Onitsha/Awka (fifth place)
6. Abakiliki (WORST)
you are foo l.........hw dare you compare Abakaliki City to that dilapidated structured Aba... The worst state that had very bad governor who got himself into the senate... Don't ever compare Ebonyi state with Abia, Ebonyi has triple of Abia IGR. Ebonyi can sustain it's workers without any problem unlike Abia.. Ebony's bailout fund was just 2.1bn. Go check Asia's. Ebonyi is one of the few state's that are not owning.. I don't know for Abia though. Since Onitsha was not in the OP list I guess u meant Aba not onitsha.
Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by ekafine(f): 4:42pm On Dec 02, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Ph is an overrated jungle.. I dare you to post pictures let's compare

Stop saying all these trash, enugu is very far below ph in every indices of development. I consider Enugu a relatively laidback town
Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by kolexy(m): 4:42pm On Dec 02, 2015
Afam4eva:
I'm fascinated by cities and recently I have been on the road in the east. I have visited Enugu, Owerri and Aba briefly and u intend spreading my tentacles soon. I stayed longer in Owerri and the truth is, I never expected what I saw in Owerri. I was expecting it to be one of those normal towns. I really didn't expect the kind of city life it possesses. One thing that tickled my fancy is the fact that it has a high population of educated folks especially students.

As for Enugu, I didn't really spend much time but I've been there severally though yet to tour the nooks and crannies but based on the reviews, its probably the best rounded city in the SE.

I'm currently in Aba and honestly there's nothing to say about the city other than the fact that it's a rejected and dejected town. I can't even bring out my camera to take pictures because there's nothing to snap. i can't risk my camera getting spoiled by the horrible scenery. It's just pathetic. The town needs a renaissance. All the roads should be constructed from scratch by juliua Berger and roads should also be constructed into the inner streets. An attempt should also be made to beautify the city. As I'm talking to you, there is no beautiful part of Aba. Everywhere just seems rough and unkempt. God save Aba.

Now back to my topic, for those who are frequent visitor of Enugu, Owerri, Aba, Onitaha and Asaba and Uyo. How do these towns compare to each other. I asked a girl who has visited Asaba and she said Asaba is better than Owerri and I was shocked as I always saw Asaba as an upcoming city. I also read a statement somewhere that Uyo has a better infrastructure than the revered Enugu. How true is this? I'll like to compare and contrast the pros and cons of these towns.

Afam! Where have you been?
Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by buchilino(m): 5:13pm On Dec 02, 2015
obailala:
Owerri (ebe ngwori) and Enugu (obodo oringo) are my favorite SE cities in terms of infrastructure, cleanliness, social activities, mentality and refinement of the people and peace of mind. I usually had a particular disgust for the twin cities of Aba and Onitsha for their rowdiness and filth; however, my recent trip to Onitsha few months ago completely left me dumbfounded. Whoever says a pig will always remain a pig definitely hasnt been to Onitsha lately. With good governance, ANYTHING can be achieved. I was particularly wowed by the european quality of even the most unimportant roads (all marked) within the city, not to talk of the cleanliness and fresh air. Someone who never went to Onitsha 10years ago will never understand my point.

Sadly, Aba is still a dejected huge refuse dump. Abians really need deliverance from useless leaders.

I AGREE WITH UR OPINION 100%
Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by AtlanticBreeze: 5:14pm On Dec 02, 2015
ekafine:

Stop saying all these trash, enugu is very far below ph in every indices of development. I consider Enugu a relatively laidback town
well, suit yourself. The fact is still a fact.
Enugu >> PH... Whatever you consider it is as is irrelevant. You can't stay in ph and be typing thrash when you have not even seen Enugu. Where do you even know in Enugu apart from the village you visited? Lady. swerve and stop mentioning me again

2 Likes

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by AtlanticBreeze: 5:17pm On Dec 02, 2015
Chinachriss:
Shut your lying mouth. Aba Ph Express way is dualised. Enugu ph ex way fades into a single lane while entering Enugu. Biko, Enugu is too small for my liking. Only the stretch of Aba road in ph can swallow the whole of Enugu. Ph beats Enugu hands down in infrastructure, land mass, population etc. Does Enugu have numerous flyovers? Ph has a good number of buildings more than 15 floors. Does Enugu have a port? Ph has a port with countless jetties. From Ph port to ph international airport at Omagwa spans more than 30 kilometres to the West. From the port to Ph refinery is more than 40 kilometres to Eleme located North East of the port. From the port to Portharcourt's boundary at Eleme is more than 20 kilometres. If I were to include Port Harcourt metropolitan area which stretches from Obigbo to Okrika and Tai to Ikwerrre towns, you will run away. The whole of Enugu is just likea quatre of ph.
Is Aba PH not the only expressway in ph? Can it swallow Enugu/Osha expressway or Enugu/PH expressway? Most of you just sit in your backyards and type trash about Enugu. FOH

1 Like

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 5:19pm On Dec 02, 2015
Afam4eva:
Ohh sorry, its in the north.

He was actually trying to correct U.

Uyo is not in the East.
Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by ekafine(f): 5:25pm On Dec 02, 2015
AtlanticBreeze:

well, suit yourself. The fact is still a fact.
Enugu >> PH... Whatever you consider it is as is irrelevant. You can't stay in ph and be typing thrash when you have not even seen Enugu. Where do you even know in Enugu apart from the village you visited? Lady. swerve and stop mentioning me again

oh is it hurting? whatever you think does not matter anyways. Enugu is a poo compare to Ph, I know the 2 cities very well. i have been to igboetiti and it is worse than anything i have seen. i mean i was seeeing hurts everywhere in that place. gosh enugu state sux!
Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by SpaceTour: 5:27pm On Dec 02, 2015
cheesy
Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by AtlanticBreeze: 5:29pm On Dec 02, 2015
ekafine:

oh is it hurting? whatever you think does not matter anyways. Enugu is a poo compare to Ph, I know the 2 cities very well. i have been to igboetiti and it is worse than anything i have seen. i mean i was seeeing hurts everywhere in that place. gosh enugu state sux!
is igboetiti enugu? lol. I have also been to buguma and omuma in Rivers state and I saw mud houses for the first time in long years.. Your chaotic, overrated ph is poo that can't touch Enugu for anything. Enugu is the #1 city in SE/SS, followed by Calabar before PH.. If you disagree, it's nothing but your opinion which you are entitled to.

4 Likes

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by AtlanticBreeze: 5:31pm On Dec 02, 2015
SpaceTour:
cheesy
How market? Ready for part 2? I want to take over from freeglobe.... Are we set? grin grin
Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by SpaceTour: 5:33pm On Dec 02, 2015
you don switch your account freeglobe, I know you more than even you know yourself. I just enter now dey observe to know whether you don bring the pictures but alas no show. freeglobe mumu pass everybody. cheesy

AtlanticBreeze:

How market? Ready for part 2? I want to take over from freeglobe.... Are we set? grin grin

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by Baroba(m): 6:09pm On Dec 02, 2015
SpaceTour:
The starting comment of the OP gave rise to this from a Rivers guy. How would you feel if this were said of your state? Freeglobe read this in between the lines..

^^I am a very strong person spiritually but this got me down since morning because I felt so bad. I warned about this thread since it was opened and now see it..

You shouldn't let it get you bro, the filth that wrote it is obviously full of hate and bitterness, such cretins are better ignored.. Ndigbo will keep forging ahead whether he likes it or not..fleas like him can't do jack, we have seen his ilk before..
Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by ekafine(f): 6:16pm On Dec 02, 2015
AtlanticBreeze:

is igboetiti enugu? lol. I have also been to buguma and omuma in Rivers state and I saw mud houses for the first time in long years.. Your chaotic, overrated ph is poo that can't touch Enugu for anything. Enugu is the #1 city in SE/SS, followed by Calabar before PH.. If you disagree, it's nothing but your opinion which you are entitled to.

yes enugu is the oldest in the SE but it is now the least because it has remained the same place since it was created. There is nothing new except that it is getting old. igboetiti is in enugu state. most of the villages will passed to that place is very rural with little or no development. my assessment of Enugu state is a state that its growth has stopped. A state that does not have any attraction either economic or otherwise. come to Rivers and see your enugu state people selling gala on th traffic and doing all sorts of menial jobs, why don't they stay in your so called enugu. Enugu state is mainly undeveloped when we consider that bulk of the state is stil desert with little or nobody nor any development. i know it hurts but that is just the truth.

1 Like

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by swezenberg(m): 6:27pm On Dec 02, 2015
Afam4eva:

Product of a failed educational system. I don't think I can help you.

Thank you product of no educational system
Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by Onyiridike(f): 6:48pm On Dec 02, 2015
Bekeey:

Go to to your Geography teacher and collect your school fees.

All the states in Igboland, Yorubaland, and Niger Delta are in SOUTHERN Nigeria.

There is no geographical location called south-south anywhere in the world.

Uyo is in South-Eastern Nigeria.

I can forgive you because the illiterate politicians coined South-South and brainwashed gullible Nigerians to accept it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Eastern Cities Compare With Each Other? by Onyiridike(f): 6:58pm On Dec 02, 2015
Just the way Kano is North-North, right?

There is no geographical location like South-South anywhere in the world.

STOP quoting wikipedia as if it is owned by God.

Anybody can put any information in wikipedia.

swezenberg:

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Lagos Flood Brings Crocodile At Ebute-Ero, Lagos Island- Eyewitness. PHOTOS / Young Lady Spotted Lying Down On The Road In Lagos. Do You Know Her? / 2 Men Struggle To Carry Plus-Sized Lady On A Bike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.