Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,002 members, 7,835,388 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

God Is The Inducement To Sin - Hardeneing Of The Pharoah's Heart. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is The Inducement To Sin - Hardeneing Of The Pharoah's Heart. (693 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Was Exodus Pharoah Really A Bad Man? / How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Is The Inducement To Sin - Hardeneing Of The Pharoah's Heart. by huxley2(m): 11:18pm On May 27, 2009
What kind of a god is this that causes people to sin only so that he would come and slam down on them with barbaric plagues and pestilences? Worse still, rather than simply punished the individual that he has pushed into sin, he has the bile to inflict an entire nations, including millions of innocent babies, children, animals, etc with gruesome illness and eventual painful death.

Well, it is the god of the Christians - the selfsame Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the alleged lover of his enemies, lover of children, hater of pigs and fig trees. Why did he have to act in this barbaric and reprehensible way? Please turn to Exodus, where Dog actively HARDENED the Pharoahs heart;

Exodus 9: 12;

10And they took ashes of the furnace, and stood before Pharaoh; and Moses sprinkled it up toward heaven; and it became a boil breaking forth with blains upon man, and upon beast.

11And the magicians could not stand before Moses because of the boils; for the boil was upon the magicians, and upon all the Egyptians.

12[b]And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had spoken unto Moses.[/b]

13And the LORD said unto Moses, Rise up early in the morning, and stand before Pharaoh, and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD God of the Hebrews, Let my people go, that they may serve me.

And[b] Exodus 10: 20[/b];

18And he went out from Pharaoh, and intreated the LORD.

19And the LORD turned a mighty strong west wind, which took away the locusts, and cast them into the Red sea; there remained not one locust in all the coasts of Egypt.

20[b]But the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, so that he would not let the children of Israel go[/b].

21And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even darkness which may be felt.

Why did God have to do this, actively causing the Pharoah to disobey him? Did he do this so that he would come along and display his barbarism and murderous tendencies on the Egyptians?
Re: God Is The Inducement To Sin - Hardeneing Of The Pharoah's Heart. by Image123(m): 9:07am On May 28, 2009
The answer to your question is no. I'm curious huxley, do you know if/whether God has hardened your heart?
Re: God Is The Inducement To Sin - Hardeneing Of The Pharoah's Heart. by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 28, 2009
Don't expect to understand the Bible, huxley2. You're not a Christian. How long will it take for atheists to get this into their heads?

Mt 13:13-14

13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
KJV

In you, huxley2, is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah.
Re: God Is The Inducement To Sin - Hardeneing Of The Pharoah's Heart. by huxley2(m): 12:33pm On May 28, 2009
mactao:

Don't expect to understand the Bible, huxley2. You're not a Christian. How long will it take for atheists to get this into their heads?

Mt 13:13-14

13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
KJV

In you, huxley2, is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah.

I guess that is the same reason why you don't understand the Koran, although it is "true", you cannot understand it because you are not a moslem.
Re: God Is The Inducement To Sin - Hardeneing Of The Pharoah's Heart. by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 28, 2009
Mactao, for real? Non christians cannot understand the Bible?
What hope do they have of converting or accepting the religion then (seeing as how they can't fathom its teachings)?
And why bother evangelizing when those you preach to can not possibly understand your points?
Re: God Is The Inducement To Sin - Hardeneing Of The Pharoah's Heart. by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 28, 2009
fellis:

Mactao, for real? Non christians cannot understand the Bible?
What hope do they have of converting or accepting the religion then (seeing as how they can't fathom its teachings)?
And why bother evangelizing when those you preach to can not possibly understand your points?

If you notice, not many people wake up one day and say their sinner's prayer. Someone preaches to them, or they go to church and after hearing a sermon have a change of heart. If huxley2 would be objective, then I would take the time to explain. Then and only then would he understand. My point is that if a christian does not explain to a non-christian, then he should not expect to make sense out of the Bible.
Re: God Is The Inducement To Sin - Hardeneing Of The Pharoah's Heart. by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 28, 2009
@huxley2

I do not read the Koran. Because I do not concern myself with going around insulting people whose views differ from mine.
Re: God Is The Inducement To Sin - Hardeneing Of The Pharoah's Heart. by Tudor3(m): 5:34am On May 29, 2009
I wonder whats so difficult to understand. . .it's pretty clear, ''the lord 'harderned' pharoahs heart''. It's as plain as ''bring ye your tithes and offerings to the lord''. . . .i wonder why you don't have to be a christian to understand the latter
Re: God Is The Inducement To Sin - Hardeneing Of The Pharoah's Heart. by RiffRaff: 10:17am On May 29, 2009
Oh, !
We need d holy spirit to understand genocide?

We clearly did not understand hitler, chemical ali & d oda.
We do not understand "smite d amalakite & they shall flee"
we do not understand why somebody dat has done good all his life will go to hell wit a murderer all becuz u dont believe crap
Re: God Is The Inducement To Sin - Hardeneing Of The Pharoah's Heart. by Image123(m): 12:44am On May 30, 2009
@huxley
you've not answered my question or have you again deserted your thread to start many others?
Do you think if/whether/maybe God has hardened your own heart?
Re: God Is The Inducement To Sin - Hardeneing Of The Pharoah's Heart. by huxley2(m): 12:47am On May 30, 2009
Image123:

@huxley
you've not answered my question or have you again deserted your thread to start many others?
Do you think if/whether/maybe God has hardened your own heart?

Is this not obvious to you that this is the most silly of questions?   I will leave god to harden the hearts of those he most wants to torture and decimate.  That is the sort of business he does, isn't it?
Re: God Is The Inducement To Sin - Hardeneing Of The Pharoah's Heart. by Image123(m): 1:48am On May 30, 2009
Am I to take it that you believe that God has not hardened your heart? A simple answer that I can understand will do pls
Re: God Is The Inducement To Sin - Hardeneing Of The Pharoah's Heart. by SeanT21(f): 3:27am On May 30, 2009
@Huxley

For an atheist you seem to know too much about the bible. undecided
Re: God Is The Inducement To Sin - Hardeneing Of The Pharoah's Heart. by Tudor3(m): 6:46am On May 30, 2009
Atheists don't sit back and rest on their laurels. They read wide and try to understand different religions,with the aim of having a better understanding of where they're coming from and seeing things from their point of view,also with the hope of peacefully co-existing with them.
Religious people on the other hand,close their minds and ears. They choose to remain narrow minded and proclaim their faith to be the ultimate. And are willing to kill and persecute those who differ.
When will you religious freaks learn you share this earth with other people?
Re: God Is The Inducement To Sin - Hardeneing Of The Pharoah's Heart. by MaiSuya(m): 8:29am On May 30, 2009
SeanT21:

@Huxley

For an atheist you seem to know too much about the bible. undecided

The thing tire me no be small. it seems he spends quite a lot of time reading the Bible, prolly even more than some practicing Xtians. Just take a look at the threads he has opend.

I just have to wonder what he is getting at. . .
Re: God Is The Inducement To Sin - Hardeneing Of The Pharoah's Heart. by huxley2(m): 8:36am On May 30, 2009
Mai Suya:

The thing tire me no be small. it seems he spends quite a lot of time reading the Bible, prolly even more than some practicing Xtians. Just take a look at the threads he has opend.

I just have to wonder what he is getting at. . .

Well, the bible is a book like any other book and can be read from cover to cover if you only invest the time and effort. Alas, many who call themselves Christian do not have the intellectual abilities to read and understand their own bible. They have been brainwashed and simply accepts the one or two "good" passages directed to them by their pastors.

You can change all of that. Why don't you start by reading Numbers 31 today and telling us what you found?
Re: God Is The Inducement To Sin - Hardeneing Of The Pharoah's Heart. by Image123(m): 11:19am On May 30, 2009
Whats with Numbers 31, 'humanitarian'? Na today?
Why not repent, seeing God has not hardened your own heart. At least you don't have that excuse.
Re: God Is The Inducement To Sin - Hardeneing Of The Pharoah's Heart. by ifele(m): 8:50pm On May 30, 2009
So that He might have reason to punish them. YHVH God hates the wicked He abhors them.

Pharaoh was a murderer, enslaver, oppressor and rapist. pharoah deserved to die in his sins.

(1) (Reply)

What Is This Thing Called Destiny? / Runaway Christian Teen Needs Prayer / How About If There Was A Remedy For Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.