Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Will He Come During This Advent? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will He Come During This Advent? (22534 Views)

Catholics: Today Is Christ The King Sunday, As We Mark The Beginning Of Advent / Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? / Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will He Come During This Advent? by MrPresident1: 3:29pm On Nov 30, 2015
The Advent season is the period when the Church prepares for the coming of Christ. According to Wikipedia, Advent is a season observed in many Western Christian churches as a time of expectant waiting and preparation for the celebration of the Nativity of Jesus at Christmas. The term is a version of the Latin word, meaning "coming".
Latin adventus is the translation of the Greek word parousia, commonly used to refer to the Second Coming of Christ. For Christians, the season of Advent anticipates the coming of Christ from two different perspectives. The season offers the opportunity to share in the ancient longing for the coming of the Messiah, and to be alert for his Second Coming.

Matthew 24:30
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by MrPresident1: 3:30pm On Nov 30, 2015
We know that not a few of the prophecies and warning concerning the coming of Christ have been fulfilled or are being fulfilled currently. According to the Gospel of Luke, there will be distress of nations and there will be widespread fear among the inhabitants of the earth. Perhaps this is the epoch in history that the book of Luke is talking about; there is widespread socioeconomic and political tension in the world, nations are threatening nations, and everyone is alarmed at the looming spectre of a global war. Perhaps this is the time. I hope, I pray.

Luke 21:25
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by MrPresident1: 3:37pm On Nov 30, 2015
Unfortunately, it does not look like many people are looking for or expecting the coming of Christ anymore, but we know that God is infallible and His Word will NEVER fail. For everyone who looks forward to His coming, this is the promise of God:

Matthew 6:19
Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

2Timothy 4:8
Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 30, 2015
this might hurt but . . .

he's not coming.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 30, 2015
I wonder why reasoning beings will have a monotheistic belief..... its really porous...

And to think that a supreme being is coming soon... Smh

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by MrPresident1: 3:44pm On Nov 30, 2015
Teempakguy:
this might hurt but . . .

he's not coming.

Lol.

He's here wink
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by hahn(m): 3:55pm On Nov 30, 2015
Well it depends. Is Mary there with him? wink tongue

2 Likes

Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by MrPresident1: 4:01pm On Nov 30, 2015
Freemanan:
I wonder why reasoning beings will have a monotheistic belief..... its really porous...

And to think that a supreme being is coming soon... Smh

Care to explain the porosity of monotheism?
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by MrPresident1: 4:02pm On Nov 30, 2015
hahn:

Yes cheesy
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Krystalzkris(f): 5:05pm On Nov 30, 2015
sorry,dude aint coming....... Fuel no dey..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 30, 2015
MrPresident1:

Care to explain the porosity of monotheism?

Simple...

why and how is it possible or even reasonable for all things to emanate and be controlled by a single entity or "GOD"? It fails in so many rational fronts...

I am not condemning theism mind you but the fact that we believe in only one God and that all things emanate and is determined by him is a blow to rationality.

You dig?

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 30, 2015
Krystalzkris:
sorry,dude aint coming....... Fuel no dey..

4 Likes

Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Krystalzkris(f): 5:39pm On Nov 30, 2015
[quote author=Freemanan post=40552893][/quote]na wetin na..
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 30, 2015
Krystalzkris:
na wetin na..
There is fuel joor....
And seems you Dont believe in the Adventist...
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Krystalzkris(f): 5:45pm On Nov 30, 2015
Freemanan:

There is fuel joor....
nah.. I dont

1 Like

Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by MrPresident1: 5:55pm On Nov 30, 2015
Freemanan:

Simple...

why and how is it possible or even reasonable for all things to emanate and be controlled by a single entity or "GOD"? It fails in so many rational fronts...

I am not condemning theism mind you but the fact that we believe in only one God and that all things emanate and is determined by him is a blow to rationality.

You dig?

Still you have not said or proven anything. 'it fails in so many rational fronts' like what and what fronts? list them, expatiate.

Prove your point, man.

2 Likes

Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Krystalzkris(f): 6:08pm On Nov 30, 2015
Freemanan:

There is fuel joor....

i dont believe that shiiiiit..
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 30, 2015
MrPresident1:

Still you have not said or proven anything. 'it fails in so many rational fronts' like what and what fronts? list them, expatiate.

Prove your point, man.

Monotheism affirms that one God is to be the supreme being and only one God and deity should be worshipped. Now this contradicts the state of affairs as it is now, we have numerous religion who believe in different deities who are effective in their own way so how then can monotheism still be valid? How can a Christian claim that only one God exist which is the Christian God yet Muslims get their prayers answered by Allah? Yet Buddhist get what they seek from their supreme being! Yet Taoist get themselves happy with their god?

So in the midst if these numerous deities, and the practicality and effectiveness they have proven overtime, where is Monotheism in the picture? That's the religion aspect.

Now to the most absurb department, it is a philosophical suicide for one to be a monotheist. Reason being, we are assuming that all knowledge and reality stems from a particular place and we both know that this is a Ego Proptr Hoc... If all knowledge and realities emanates and is being ordained by a single God then why will he allow or give birth to opposing deities?

It just begs the question of rationality in several ways...

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 30, 2015
Krystalzkris:
i dont believe that shiiiiit..

No one should... Its baseless...

1 Like

Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by hahn(m): 6:09pm On Nov 30, 2015
MrPresident1:

Yes cheesy

She'll definitely make him come tongue

1 Like

Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Krystalzkris(f): 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2015
Freemanan:

No one should... Its baseless...
grincheesy..
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 30, 2015
Freemanan:

Monotheism affirms that one God is to be the supreme being and only one God and deity should be worshipped. Now this contradicts the state of affairs as it is now, we have numerous religion who believe in different deities who are effective in their own way so how then can monotheism still be valid? How can a Christian claim that only one God exist which is the Christian God yet Muslims get their prayers answered by Allah? Yet Buddhist get what they seek from their supreme being! Yet Taoist get themselves happy with their god?

So in the midst if these numerous deities, and the practicality and effectiveness they have proven overtime, where is Monotheism in the picture? That's the religion aspect.

Now to the most absurb department, it is a philosophical suicide for one to be a monotheist. Reason being, we are assuming that all knowledge and reality stems from a particular place and we both know that this is a Ego Proptr Hoc... If all knowledge and realities emanates and is being ordained by a single God then why will he allow or give birth to opposing deities?

Sir, did you study philosoophy as a course ? cheesy
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 30, 2015
Teempakguy:
Sir, did you study philosoophy as a course ? cheesy

Aye.

3 Likes

Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by MrPresident1: 9:46am On Dec 01, 2015
hahn:

She'll definitely make him come tongue

Yes! And He will come in power and great glory wink

1 Like

Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by MrPresident1: 10:04am On Dec 01, 2015
Freemanan:

There are faithful people in all religions, and as long as they conform to the Laws of God which are universal laws, He will always answer them when they call upon Him. Religion is man's way of reaching out to God, there are many religions but there is only ONE TRUE GOD, and it is from Him that all things derive, and all things emanate.

As a philosopher, what is your theory of the source and origin of life and all things?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by hahn(m): 10:18am On Dec 01, 2015
MrPresident1:

Yes! And He will come in power and great glory wink

tongue
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by MrPresident1: 10:24am On Dec 01, 2015
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by CoolUsername: 2:38pm On Dec 01, 2015
hahn:
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 Like

Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 01, 2015
MrPresident1:

There are faithful people in all religions, and as long as they conform to the Laws of God which are universal laws, He will always answer them when they call upon Him. Religion is man's way of reaching out to God, there are many religions but there is only ONE TRUE GOD, and it is from Him that all things derive, and all things emanate.

As a philosopher, what is your theory of the source and origin of life and all things?

THE SOURCE AND ORIGIN OF LIFE REMAINS UNKNOWN TO MAN. BUT AS A COSMOLOGIST, I AM ALWAYS INCLINED TO BELIEVE IN THE NATURAL EXPLANATION OF LIFE AND THE BIG BANG THEORY PROVIDES TOO MUCH EVIDENCE FOR IT....

BACK TO THE RELIGIOUS ISSUE, I AM NO SAYING RELIGION IS NOT NECESSARY OR THE LIKES, I AM JUST SAYING IT MAKES NO SENSE TO ASSUME THAT ONLY ONE GOD EXIST OR ONLY ONE RELIGION IS TRUE... ITS APPALLING.

1 Like

Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by MrPresident1: 5:25pm On Dec 01, 2015
Freemanan:

THE SOURCE AND ORIGIN OF LIFE REMAINS UNKNOWN TO MAN. BUT AS A COSMOLOGIST, I AM ALWAYS INCLINED TO BELIEVE IN THE NATURAL EXPLANATION OF LIFE AND THE BIG BANG THEORY PROVIDES TOO MUCH EVIDENCE FOR IT....

There is something called the POINT OF SINGULARITY, this is the point of creation, or the moment of the Bigbang. The Singularity is only one moment, not many moments, creation started\life began at this point. This disproves your theory of monotheism being 'philosophical suicide'. The singularity is the poin for the convergence of all things material and immaterial.

BACK TO THE RELIGIOUS ISSUE, I AM NO SAYING RELIGION IS NOT NECESSARY OR THE LIKES, I AM JUST SAYING IT MAKES NO SENSE TO ASSUME THAT ONLY ONE GOD EXIST OR ONLY ONE RELIGION IS TRUE... ITS APPALLING.

I told you the Laws of God are universal, God answers everyone who comes to Him through obedience to those laws. There are many religions, many ways to God, but there is only ONE TRUE GOD.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by MrPresident1: 10:22am On Dec 02, 2015
I have made a few predictions in the past about time of the coming of Christ which failed, the knowledge I expound is a progressive knowledge, you get to know what you need to know per time, a kind of graduated schooling system.
In one of my old threads, I proved that Christ Himself, the Word of God, is the tree of life, and is the Law of Moses . Now, all my predictions have been based on a single time period using the scientific and biblical principle of logic and precedence if A=B and B=C, therefore A=C. I triangulated all my predictions into about the same time the Law was first received by Israel.

The Law was actually first given on tables of stone, Jesus Christ is the personification of the Law, He was the first person to have the Laws written in His heart, He had the Law as his working software, His operational software; Jesus Christ is the incarnation of the Word of God, the Word of God became flesh, God incarnated in man, fully God fully man is Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by MrPresident1: 10:25am On Dec 02, 2015
Now, the Bible says when He comes we shall be like Him, how? We will all be changed; we will also have the software that He operated on, the software of incorruptibility, no one will teach us the Law and commandments again, it will become inherent in us, the Laws of God will become our working software; the Laws will become organic to us; everyone who makes the 'Rapture' will become an inherently holy person:

Hebrews 8:10-12
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Hebrews 10:16-17
This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

When Christ returns, the new covenant will come to be.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Celebrates Okupevi As First Indigenous Bishop Of Lagos Diocese (Pics) / Pastor Adeboye Declares 78 Hours Praise Concert To Mark 78th Birthday / Misconceptions You Should Clear Of Your Mind As Saints Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.