Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,203 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Will He Come During This Advent? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will He Come During This Advent? (22514 Views)

Catholics: Today Is Christ The King Sunday, As We Mark The Beginning Of Advent / Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? / Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 08, 2015
johnydon22:

Can't just talk lipsrsealed
I'm so hurt right now. grin
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Ethan015(m): 8:42pm On Dec 08, 2015
I agree with u Mr. President... lemme also add that religion is a personal institution... belonging to a church or a faith only gives you a pattern to follow.

Freeman, even the big bang theory coincides with Biblical creation of the world if you had followed it well. I studied earth history as a course during my undergraduate days... If you truly or have ever believed there is ONE GOD, it wouldn't be difficult for you to connect your philosophy with NATURE.

Thanks for reminding us about HIS second coming guys.
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 08, 2015
Freemanan:

Monotheism affirms that one God is to be the supreme being and only one God and deity should be worshipped. Now this contradicts the state of affairs as it is now, we have numerous religion who believe in different deities who are effective in their own way so how then can monotheism still be valid? How can a Christian claim that only one God exist which is the Christian God yet Muslims get their prayers answered by Allah? Yet Buddhist get what they seek from their supreme being! Yet Taoist get themselves happy with their god?

So in the midst if these numerous deities, and the practicality and effectiveness they have proven overtime, where is Monotheism in the picture? That's the religion aspect.

Now to the most absurb department, it is a philosophical suicide for one to be a monotheist. Reason being, we are assuming that all knowledge and reality stems from a particular place and we both know that this is a Ego Proptr Hoc... If all knowledge and realities emanates and is being ordained by a single God then why will he allow or give birth to opposing deities?

It just begs the question of rationality in several ways...
bros your Philosophy no be here!
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:45pm On Dec 08, 2015
Freemanan:

THE SOURCE AND ORIGIN OF LIFE REMAINS UNKNOWN TO MAN. BUT AS A COSMOLOGIST, I AM ALWAYS INCLINED TO BELIEVE IN THE NATURAL EXPLANATION OF LIFE AND THE BIG BANG THEORY PROVIDES TOO MUCH EVIDENCE FOR IT....

BACK TO THE RELIGIOUS ISSUE, I AM NO SAYING RELIGION IS NOT NECESSARY OR THE LIKES, I AM JUST SAYING IT MAKES NO SENSE TO ASSUME THAT ONLY ONE GOD EXIST OR ONLY ONE RELIGION IS TRUE... ITS APPALLING.

Big Bang, Aye?

Fancy trying to arrange your room by setting off a hand grenade in it.

At least you'll get a BANG!

1 Like

Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by dhateeboi(m): 8:47pm On Dec 08, 2015
janefrancisca:
hahaha grin...u better cultivate the habit of reading tongue.

i actually want to do a comparism
and get to know how soon they mean when they say
Jesus is coming soon

As well as c d need y a thread like this should be opened in the first place talkless making the front page.
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 08, 2015
Ethan015:
I agree with u Mr. President... lemme also add that religion is a personal institution... belonging to a church or a faith only gives you a pattern to follow.

Freeman, even the big bang theory coincides with Biblical creation of the world if you had followed it well. I studied earth history as a course during my undergraduate days... If you truly or have ever believed there is ONE GOD, it wouldn't be difficult for you to connect your philosophy with NATURE.

Thanks for reminding us about HIS second coming guys.
could you believe that the sphericity of the earth and gravity of the universe was first proven by men in the bible! ( book of job) but about hundreds of years ago men believe the earth was flat!

many knowledge were force full hidden from us just to gain something.

2 Likes

Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by fridayj(m): 8:55pm On Dec 08, 2015
surely he will come.....
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Breakdbond: 8:56pm On Dec 08, 2015
But OP, Jesus is never coming back, read matthew 24:34 "Truly I tell you, THIS generation will certainly not pass away until ALL these things have happened.
"
“This generation” in the above passage was the generation of Jesus.
Now we all know that the generation of Jesus are all DEAD and yet Jesus never made the second coming...His coming was expected 2000yrs ago..sorry to break your hearts folks, your Jesus lied and is a con artist...

1 Like

Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 08, 2015
MrPresident1:
Now, if we can triangulate the time of the personification of the Law, or the first coming of Christ into the time period when the Bible says there will be perilous times, and knowledge will increase, and the seas and waves will be roaring with socio-economic and political tension everywhere worldwide, and using the principle of logic and precedence, we can come to a reasonable conclusion as to when Christ will incarnate or come again.
no one can conclude when will Christ come!

on the book of Genesis it was written that the end days shall be like the beginning during the time or Enoch, and that is a figurative speech.

during the time of Enoch knowledge was so rampage at a very high level that it was not appointed for men to gain such a knowledge for a particular period of time but was corrupted due to the angel teaching men all such of things.

so by dating Enoch ara of time, this show that will are not near the coming of Christ. but hay! we don't know the coming and he said he will come unexpected.

all we need to do is just to live a life as a normal believer and do what we are appointed to do in this planet just LIKe the first man ADAM.

dominating until he comes back.
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by janefrancisca(f): 9:12pm On Dec 08, 2015
dhateeboi:

i actually want to do a comparism
and get to know how soon they mean when they say
Jesus is coming soon

As well as c d need y a thread like this should be opened in the first place talkless making the front page.
Soon can be anytime. tongue
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by haywire07(m): 9:15pm On Dec 08, 2015
Freemanan:

Simple...

why and how is it possible or even reasonable for all things to emanate and be controlled by a single entity or "GOD"? It fails in so many rational fronts...

I am not condemning theism mind you but the fact that we believe in only one God and that all things emanate and is determined by him is a blow to rationality.

You dig?
Who let u out of the cage?
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 08, 2015
Breakdbond:
But OP, Jesus is never coming back, read matthew 24:34 "Truly I tell you, THIS generation will certainly not pass away until ALL these things have happened.
"
Now we all know that the generation of Jesus are all DEAD and yet Jesus never made the second coming...His coming was expected 2000yrs ago..sorry to break your hearts folks, your Jesus lied and is a con artist...
is good to believe anything course we are govern by free will!

he is not coming back for you but he is coming back for those who believe in him wink
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 08, 2015
sonofananimal:
bros your Philosophy no be here!

Lol... Where you enter since ?
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 08, 2015
haywire07:

Who let u out of the cage?

This thread is strictly for sane mind...
Please leave sir.
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 08, 2015
Jeezuzpick:

Big Bang, Aye?
Fancy trying to arrange your room by setting off a hand grenade in it.
At least you'll get a BANG!
LOLZ grin
that means bokos do ALOT of big bang!
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by atoleybaba(m): 9:22pm On Dec 08, 2015
Breakdbond:
"
young man goia read that chapter properly before u start displaying ur poor way of reasoning here...start from verse 3 read it to understand and not glance all those things Jesus mentioned start before their generation passed away so what are u saying? Note there is a diff between conclusion and end. The question d disciples raised was "...conclusion of the system of things" not end of the system of thing.. Example when a speaker is concluding a talk it involves the ending part of the talk while when he ends the talk he walks away
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 08, 2015
Freemanan:
Lol... Where you enter since ?
na data break I dey on since ohh.
I DON resume back!

we are cool and so do you I guess!
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by dhateeboi(m): 9:24pm On Dec 08, 2015
janefrancisca:
Soon can be anytime. tongue
Then y should d SOON shout b this intense?? When actually most likely ur yet to see what to look up to b4 the soon comes
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by haywire07(m): 9:28pm On Dec 08, 2015
Freemanan:

This thread is strictly for sane mind...
Please leave sir.
Are u sane?
U need help if u don't know
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by tosyne2much(m): 9:32pm On Dec 08, 2015
Very educative argument cool

Freeman and MrPresident, I throway salute cheesy
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 08, 2015
haywire07:

Are u sane?
U need help if u don't know
just because a person don't believe something or followed your line of believe you called that person a sane man undecided

what you are trying to do here is called an indirect indoctrination and which many religions do!

try to look at that person point of view in another angle and stop condemning that person or raining INSULT in his or her believing system.
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Breakdbond: 9:34pm On Dec 08, 2015
atoleybaba:
young man goia read that chapter properly before u start displaying ur poor way of reasoning here...start from verse 3 read it to understand and not glance all those things Jesus mentioned start before their generation passed away so what are u saying? Note there is a diff between conclusion and end. The question d disciples raised was "...conclusion of the system of things" not end of the system of thing.. Example when a speaker is concluding a talk it involves the ending part of the talk while when he ends the talk he walks away

Lol...you are clearly the one that needs some tutoring on comprehension....maybe I should write that verse in vernacular for you to comprehend better
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 08, 2015
sonofananimal:
na data break I dey on since ohh.

I DON resume back!

we are cool and so do you I guess!

Aye boss....

1 Like

Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by adedavids(m): 9:44pm On Dec 08, 2015
Some Bible-believing Christians play fast and loose with their sacred text. When it suits their purposes, they treat it like the literally perfect word of God. Then, when it suits their other purposes, they conveniently ignore the parts of the Bible that are—inconvenient.[b]Some Bible-believing Christians play fast and loose with their sacred text. When it suits their purposes, they treat it like the literally perfect word of God. Then, when it suits their other purposes, they conveniently ignore the parts of the Bible that are—inconvenient.[/b]Some Bible-believing Christians play fast and loose with their sacred text. When it suits their purposes, they treat it like the literally perfect word of God. Then, when it suits their other purposes, they conveniently ignore the parts of the Bible that are—inconvenient.

1 Like

Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by xtervaganza(m): 9:45pm On Dec 08, 2015
MrPresident1:
The Advent season is the period when the Church prepares for the coming of Christ. According to Wikipedia, Advent is a season observed in many Western Christian churches as a time of expectant waiting and preparation for the celebration of the Nativity of Jesus at Christmas. The term is a version of the Latin word, meaning "coming".
Latin adventus is the translation of the Greek word parousia, commonly used to refer to the Second Coming of Christ. For Christians, the season of Advent anticipates the coming of Christ from two different perspectives. The season offers the opportunity to share in the ancient longing for the coming of the Messiah, and to be alert for his Second Coming.

Matthew 24:30
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

jesus ran away the last time

He won't be coming back, I guarantee you.

The last time he was begging his father to abort mission and the world back then wasn't as bloody as this

He better not come back cos people are not smiling
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by abatisegun: 10:19pm On Dec 08, 2015
MrPresident1:
The Advent season is the period when the Church prepares for the coming of Christ. According to Wikipedia, Advent is a season observed in many Western Christian churches as a time of expectant waiting and preparation for the celebration of the Nativity of Jesus at Christmas. The term is a version of the Latin word, meaning "coming".
Latin adventus is the translation of the Greek word parousia, commonly used to refer to the Second Coming of Christ. For Christians, the season of Advent anticipates the coming of Christ from two different perspectives. The season offers the opportunity to share in the ancient longing for the coming of the Messiah, and to be alert for his Second Coming.

Matthew 24:30
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Jesus called himself son of man not son of God.

1 Like

Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Krystalzkris(f): 10:39pm On Dec 08, 2015
janefrancisca:
For your mind na only fuel person fit use come abi..i tink say atheist dem dey get brain and think outside d box..wot a disappointment undecided
oh forgive me.... I actually forgot he was going to come with a horse... Fixed right?
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by BigBen10: 10:53pm On Dec 08, 2015
Freemanan:

Monotheism affirms that one God is to be the supreme being and only one God and deity should be worshipped. Now this contradicts the state of affairs as it is now, we have numerous religion who believe in different deities who are effective in their own way so how then can monotheism still be valid? How can a Christian claim that only one God exist which is the Christian God yet Muslims get their prayers answered by Allah? Yet Buddhist get what they seek from their supreme being! Yet Taoist get themselves happy with their god?

So in the midst if these numerous deities, and the practicality and effectiveness they have proven overtime, where is Monotheism in the picture? That's the religion aspect.

Now to the most absurb department, it is a philosophical suicide for one to be a monotheist. Reason being, we are assuming that all knowledge and reality stems from a particular place and we both know that this is a Ego Proptr Hoc... If all knowledge and realities emanates and is being ordained by a single God then why will he allow or give birth to opposing deities?

It just begs the question of rationality in several ways...

because God has given man Free will. freewill to do and undo, free will to believe in his existence or not.....ati be be lo. smiley

Plus don't try to box God into your rationality. He is beyond your rationality. He is beyond "the rational" of man. The created our present realities , our present rationalities.
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 08, 2015
BigBen10:

because God has given man Free will. freewill to do and undo, free will to believe in his existence or not.....ati be be lo. smiley
Freewill is an illusion.

How can you say man has freewill when his life has already been destined and designed by a superior being? How is man free then?

2 Likes

Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by BigBen10: 11:03pm On Dec 08, 2015
Freemanan:
Freewill is an illusion.

How can you say man has freewill when his life has already been destined and designed by a superior being? How is man free then?
destined? how?
In your present realities don't you have freedom to do whatever you want. how is it an illusion. why do u want to refuse to accept the "rationality"/reality of freewill? since you are all about rational thoughts.
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by Greataausim(m): 11:08pm On Dec 08, 2015
I hav been hearing this that, jesus is cuming since 1987, all i knw is that wen u die ur own don finish undecided nothing like raptures
Re: Will He Come During This Advent? by killsmith(f): 11:08pm On Dec 08, 2015
TWOWAYMIRROR:
YES...HE IS ALREADY ON HIS WAY COMING...SE THIS...
please look at the mirror....and apologize to yourself for letting yourself down with this nonsense you uploaded.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please Help!!!!i Want To Download Oluwa Mi Yio Dide / Pastor Adeboye Declares 78 Hours Praise Concert To Mark 78th Birthday / Is The Village Witches And Wizards Story True? Will They Attack Me If..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.