Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,077 members, 7,852,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:20 PM

How To Survive In The University Without Financial Support. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Survive In The University Without Financial Support. (2168 Views)

Is It Possible TO Graduate From A University Without A Singe Carry Over (C.O)? / 8 Skills Every Nigerian Student Needs To Survive In Campus / Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Survive In The University Without Financial Support. by samuelchimmy(m): 3:59pm On Nov 30, 2015
I sincerely urge you to read this article especially if you are a university aspirant that those not were to start because of some financial constrains.

I was pushed to write this article after reading thatsincerechic’s story of how she survived in the school as runs girl.i have decided to write a very detailed write-up of legit ways you can survive in the university.please enjoy!

1.immediately after your exam I advise you to look for a small job, off course there jobs for school certs ranging from sales girls and boys, office clerks, barman,factory worker ,computer operator (that is if you already have a little training). For me I never any but am working as computer operator.kinder funny right ,yeah that’s what guys like us, do .most of this jobs are paying as high as 30k per month,depending on the area where you live .others are paying as low as 10k per month.

2.open a extra savings account in one of the banks in you’re area preferably diamond or GT bank.be sure to save at least 50% of your wages or salaries,never get tempted to withdraw from the account or you could ask your bank not to allow withdrawer during registration,

3.never dull your brain, learn whatever skill you can,to make traning cheaper on your chosen course of survival, e.g, sewing, hair-styling and hair-cutting, web-design, blogging, freelancing, selling some articles, printing on t-shirts, writing assignments ,typing for people, doing online registrations,(all this will be discussed later in details in this thread).

4.be extremely determined,most5 of your friends will hate you for this,but after getting your B.sc you will be glad you did what you did.

5.during this your one year of hustling never forget to visit nairaland and other helpful blogs,hopefully I own one of such blogs.let your quest for knowledge drive your mind.

6.do not let your family or girlfriends distract you,nevr worry,you bwill have enough of girls when you will be in school ,they will come begging for knowledge,you alone will decide what to do with them.

7.off course most people will recommend going for computer training,but I tell you,for boys like we, who don’t have that money waste and end up becoming dummier ,I never attended a computer school,but for sure I can do a lot with a pc.i have this vast knowledge of computer by simply reading online stuffs,googling and practicing whenever the opportunity comes,hopefully I have a cyber café in my area were I buy time and have my bfingers stretched with the keyboards back then.i even run shows sometimes then.

8.join a living church, preferably ‘winners’, ’mfm’, ’redeem’, or ‘Christ embassy’, attend beginners class and get baptized, you will be awarded a certificate of membership. this will allow you to receive some special benefits when you are in school, don’t be an ordinary church goer, join a group, preferably choir and instrumentalists.most choristers and instrumentalists get paid for singing and playing instruments in the church,make yourself known to everybody in the church,be respectful,don’t make the mistake of forming big boy.who knows some good Samaritan might pick interest in you and decide to sponsor your education.

9.connect with important people ,it is a very good habbit to collect the contact of any good person you work with,sometimes you could be broke in school or you could call them to ask for available jobs during short holidays.always remember to call them when you are NOT in need,this will show that you care even when you have.

10.be nice to people, it was Ben carson who taught me the good of being good.you don’t know who will help you tomorrow and never fail to put your plans in prayers….
useful links.....
COMPUTER
1.you will need a minimum capital of 50k for a start for any field of business you have chosen,if you have more,well its an add-on for you.

2. Ways to get capitals : in my last article I wrote about getting a job and saving from it,click here to read, Now if you are a good saver you will be sure to save upto 50k per annum if not more than,moreover you could borrow money from relatives and friends,explaining properly what you need the money for .any reasonable friend or relative will help if they have the money .to make riskier step you could use your parts of your school fees (not advisable).

3. after getting your capital,the next stage is doing research on the price of materials you will need .HERE ARE SOME FEW PRICES I RECOMMEND .
1.USED LAPTOPS_20-30K.DO YOUR RESEARCH AND FIND WERE TO BUY YOURS.N/B DONOT BUY LAPTOP BELOW 2GB RAM.
2.USED HP PRINTERS_ FROM 10-18K
3.FLASHDRIVE-CHECK JUMIA ,THEIR ACCESSORIES ARE CHEAP.
4.MODEM-CRACKED PREFERABLY-6-3K
5.PRINTING PAPERS6.CABLES AND USB HUBS 150
7.T-SHIRT TRANSFER PAPERS-3-4 PER PACK, A PACK IS MADE UP OF 10 PIECES CALL 09021179297

BARBING AND HAIRSTYLING

1.CLIPPERS 2-3K,PROFESSIONAL CLIPPERS ARE SOLD FOR 10K UPWARDS. CALL 09021179292.

2.COMBS AND BRUSHES_30-150N

3.BIG POWDER-150-250N

4.NEW SMALL GENERATOR-10-15K
5.APRONS AND OTHER CLOTHING MATERIALS-150-350N
6.CHECK EXPRESSION WEBSITE FOR ATTACHEMENT S AND WEAVONS LIST OF PRICES .(HUMAN HAIR IS NOT RECOMMENDED,BUT CAN BE CONSIDERED IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY)NOT FOR LADIES ONLY,YOU ARE SURE TO BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU ARE MALE.

FASHION AND ACCESSORY

1.1NDIAN T-SHIRTS 400,LESSER QUALITY T-SHIRTS ARE SOLD FOR 150-200,BEST QUALITY STOCK T-SHIRTS ARE SOLD FOR 500-1000
2.BOYS DENIM 500(LESS QUALITY) -1500(STOCK JEANS)
3.JORDAN CAP-300-500
4.LEATHER WALLETS 300-500
5.LEATHER BELTS-300-600
6.PLAIN TROUSERS AND CHINOS-500-800
7.SINGLETS-UNIQUE 3 IN-800,LUX 3 IN 1 IS 150-300
8.OK SHOES ARE SOLD PER BAG,PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH

9.ORIGINAL OK TIMBERLAND SHOES ARE SOLD AT 1500 COTONUO PRICE,2000 LAGOS PRICE

10.CASUAL PAMS AND SLIPPERS SOLD FROM 200-800 DEPENDING ON THE QUALITY.

11.BOXERS-100-150
LAUNDERING AND DRY CLEANING

1.USED ELECTRIC IRON (PREFERED) 800 -3000K
MORE COMING SOON……please add yours.....

how to print on tshirts..
https://chimmysblog./2015/11/30/how-to-print-on-t-shirts-no-skill-required/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Survive In The University Without Financial Support. by vickvan(m): 4:20pm On Nov 30, 2015
Nice write up!

1 Like

Re: How To Survive In The University Without Financial Support. by papindinho(m): 4:23pm On Nov 30, 2015
Nice one you have put up there...

1 Like

Re: How To Survive In The University Without Financial Support. by CallMeMadMan: 4:38pm On Nov 30, 2015
Validated Trash
Re: How To Survive In The University Without Financial Support. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 30, 2015
Ok
Re: How To Survive In The University Without Financial Support. by Aspiregreat: 7:23pm On Nov 30, 2015
This is very insightful.

1 Like

Re: How To Survive In The University Without Financial Support. by Aspiregreat: 7:24pm On Nov 30, 2015
CallMeMadMan:
Validated Trash
MAD MAN!
Re: How To Survive In The University Without Financial Support. by NOBODYY: 9:03pm On Nov 30, 2015
CallMeMadMan:
Validated Trash

Re: How To Survive In The University Without Financial Support. by samuelchimmy(m): 9:40pm On Nov 30, 2015
CallMeMadMan:
Validated Trash
yeah! I saw your name you are mad.
Re: How To Survive In The University Without Financial Support. by Profyxcholar(m): 10:24pm On Nov 30, 2015
samuelchimmy:

how to print on tshirts..
https://chimmysblog./2015/11/30/how-to-print-on-t-shirts-no-skill-required/

nice one bro...am looking forward to learning this skill.
Re: How To Survive In The University Without Financial Support. by Profyxcholar(m): 10:25pm On Nov 30, 2015
CallMeMadMan:
Validated Trash
ur moniker has said it all grin
Re: How To Survive In The University Without Financial Support. by Bioboy1213(m): 11:07pm On Nov 30, 2015
Nice....no 8 helped me a lot.
Re: How To Survive In The University Without Financial Support. by CallMeMadMan: 3:45pm On Dec 01, 2015
Profyxcholar:
ur moniker has said it all grin
And what does it says?
Re: How To Survive In The University Without Financial Support. by CallMeMadMan: 3:46pm On Dec 01, 2015
samuelchimmy:
yeah! I saw your name you are mad.
CALLMEMADMAN!
Re: How To Survive In The University Without Financial Support. by CallMeMadMan: 3:47pm On Dec 01, 2015
Aspiregreat:

MAD MAN!
E go better for you
Re: How To Survive In The University Without Financial Support. by Yellowcandle30(f): 1:00pm On Feb 07, 2020
This is so true

(1) (Reply)

PUTME Screening Calculation For The 2016/2017 Admission / How To Register For WAEC GCE 2019 Examination- January/february Series / Please I Am Not In Nigeria How Can I Collect My WAEC Certificate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.