Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,495 members, 7,823,158 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Lady From A Broken Home Tells VERY TOUCHING Story With Pics - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lady From A Broken Home Tells VERY TOUCHING Story With Pics (3857 Views)

Annie Idibia Opens Up About Her Broken Home With Throwback Photo / Wizkid Changes Seat To Prevent Lady From Taking Pictures With Him / Dele Momodu Tells His Side of The Story With Davido's Father, Dr Adeleke [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady From A Broken Home Tells VERY TOUCHING Story With Pics by Atufesarah: 4:29pm On Nov 30, 2015
http://www.topgistng.com/2015/11/tgnb-unfold-lady-from-broken-home-tells.html

My parents were married for only four years and broke up when I was three. Their marriage ended badly with both parties in no talking terms.

My name is Temisan (surname withheld), please find attached photos.

Shortly after their marriage packed up, my mom relocated to Lagos. According to my uncle, on the day she left Akure (where she stayed with my dad and I during their short marriage) she took me to my dad's furniture workshop but met his absence. She than left me with his boys and said she was going to the market, that she will be back in no time. That was the last we heard of her.

My dad and his mom went to look for her at her family's house and her mom poured dirty water on them, telling them to go and take care of me, that her daughter has gone in search of a better living. That was how I ended up living with my grandma at age three.

Before my dad remarried, he used to give my grandma money for our upkeep although not often. But after he got married, even the little we were getting, stopped coming. And for time to time my grandma will have to fight and rowed with him for some money.

My grandma single handedly raised me up with little support from my uncle, my dad's younger brother. She was a farmer, who also does all sort of menial jobs for people to make hands meet. And that was my fate as I grew older. I can't remember exactly at what age I started hustling for money. It's been a long time coming.

My dad own a very big furniture workshop with several boys working under him. He has a building in Akure where he collects house rent. But every time, my grandma and I go to him for money, especially after he got married, he always have an excuse not to give us money.

My grandma believes it has something to do with his wife, I don't think so, because even before he got married he was always reluctant to help us. His problem were always bigger than ours. He always needed money more than we do.

As for my mom, I never really got to see her or knew what she looks like until I was 16 years old. She had attended a wedding ceremony in Akure and somehow our part crossed, (she dare not come to my grandma's house to look for me, my grandma will skin her alive).

It was when we met I learned she later got married to a Yoruba man in Lagos and had a daughter, Shola.

When she was leaving for Lagos she left me with a N1000, which was the first money she ever gave to me since I was three.

Did I mention that we both look alike? Like an identical twins! The only difference between my mom and I is that she is older and more matured, otherwise, I am an exact replica of her.

Being abandoned by the two people who met and birthed me into this world wasn't enough punishment to pay for doing absolutely nothing wrong, I also suffered strong rejection. Rejection from my step mom. Rejection from my dad.

I tell you one occasion, when my grandma traveled to Benin for omugwo. It was Christmas eve and I thought I should spend the day at my dad's. Only for me to get there and my dad turned me back, saying he does not have food for an extra mouth. It's been almost fifteen years since that day and I have never, will never eat at his place.

Broken marriages are a source of heavy heartbreak that seem to affect only the products of such marriages. I don't wish anyone, not even an enemy to go through the pains of a broken home, but if you ever find yourself in that situation, I like you to always remember that a broken home is not a reason for you to give up or lead a wayward life, instead it should be a reason for you to get up and be great.

I pray you don't experience suffering like I did. I've suffered, I've gone through so much in my short life, not because I was born poor, or because I am an orphan but because I came from a broken home. Because my parents' marriage failed and they decided to use me to get at each other.

After my secondary school, I want in pursuit of higher education. I got admitted into Auchi Polytechnic in Edo state to study Mass communication in 2010. And if I have ever known the true definition of suffering or hardship, it was while in school.

Majority of Nigerian students struggle to go through school, so it wasn't peculiar to me, just that mine came in a larger proportion.

Imagine going on a 1-0-0 diet meal everyday for the most part of a semester. Sometimes even the one time meal a day is not readily available. I'll have to ask a friend or a neighbor to get that. I can't tell you acutely how many times I drank garri without groundnut as breakfast, launch and dinner. In short, that was my most regular meal in school.

My grandma is over 80 and there is a limit to what she could do to help my plight. Besides, she has an unstable health condition due to her age, and every time she falls ill, it digs deep into our pocket.

My only saviour was my uncle who sent me money from time to time - but sometimes the money he sent were not enough to do anything.

My situation was so critical I didn't pay school fees for two academic year. For every assignment, test, practicals that attracts money, I was always found wanting.

During my ND1, I traveled to Lagos to see my mom. And to be sincere, I was expecting to see her living in a gutter or under bridge or one of those abandoned buildings in the state. Because every time I call her to ask for money, she was always penniless and broke. Sometimes broker than I am. But to my greatest surprise, she is living the life! She is a Matron at a general Hospital, has a large chemist store and stays in a good apartment with her daughter, her husband is late already.

After I met my mom at 16, I met her again at 19 and I am not sure if we ever met again till I traveled to see her in 2010. I stayed with her for a few weeks and returned back to school. She gave me food stuffs and the exact transport fare that took me back to school, with the promise that she will send money across to me in a few days time which she never did.

For the three years I spent in ND, my mom only sent me N5000 and nothing more. My dad managed to pay my house rents and first year school fees after several attack from my grandma and uncle.

I recalled asking my mom for money on one occasion and she told me to go and look for a man who will give me money. She told me to stop calling her for money, instead I should call my dad or better still meet a man.

One morning I was in school and my dad called me to come back home that it was an emergency. On getting there, I found out that he had arranged for me to marry some dude that I have never met. It's was crazy! He wanted me to marry the guy because his dad seem rich. And when I refused, he vowed never to have anything to do with my education.

See, I have come to realize that in life not everyone will accept you, and it doesn't matter who don't, you got to keep living regardless.

For everything you loose, God gives you something in return. In place of my parents who choose not to be part of my life, I have a beautiful grandma who loves me till death. An uncle who treats me as a family. Friends who will stick their heads for me any day, anytime.

Living alone with my grandma taught me to be independent and contented in whatever I have, no matter how little it is. I'm a hard worker, I learnt that from my grandma. I know I can't afford to be lazy if I must go far in life. I've done all sort of menial jobs. From weeding, to farming, to washing - just name it! I've done all there is to do, just to support my grandma and myself. And for her, I am already to do more over and over again and again.

Everything, they say happen for a reason, and I can never be more thankful for all the events, all the disappointments, the tears, the heartbreaks and the countless number of times I faced rejection from people who I should have mean the most to. They've helped shaped me into a better person.

Back in my ND days, there were times I feel worthless. I wished I lived in someone else's life. Mere thinking of my parents and their attitude towards me saddened my heart. How I hated them. I hated my life. I questioned God. But these days, I think I have grown past that.

I have learned how to forgive and pray for those who hurt me. I have also accepted the fact that my parents are no part of me. And these have helped me in no small measure at being a better person.

I just rounded up my HND 1 second semester exams, I still have two years to go. I hope to graduate and get a better living for my grandma and myself.

Unlike my ND days, a lot have changed about me. I no longer live in guilt. I no longer feel worthless. I no longer blame my parents or anyone else for all the times I go to bed without food. For all the times I have to work extra hard to make hands meet. I have taking them all as part of the sacrifices I need to make to become someone great in life. And like my grandma taught me, I am doing it all without stoicism.

My only advice to victims of broken homes, especially those who are yet to get over it and come to terms with reality, learn to forgive, love and live. And like I said earlier, a broken home is not a reason for you to give up or lead a wayward life, instead it should be a reason for you to get up and be great.

Don't beat yourself up cause the truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive those who hurt you, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, you can't make the most out of it. You can't move forward.

My ultimate wish right now is to graduate and start working, so that I can fed for my grandma. I want to take care of her. She is 85 this year and the only thing I pray for right now is long life and good health for her. Nothing gets to me right now than her health. My heart breeds every time she is in pain.

I might not be where I want to be right now but I have so much to be thankful for. I would have been a prostitute, a thief, or something worst - maybe even dead but God saved me and gave me a reason to live using my grandma and uncle as the ultimate tool.

I hope to tell this story again someday with a better ending. Until than, thank you for reading to this point. May God bless us all.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady From A Broken Home Tells VERY TOUCHING Story With Pics by obinnashady(m): 4:37pm On Nov 30, 2015
Re: Lady From A Broken Home Tells VERY TOUCHING Story With Pics by tpwealth(m): 4:42pm On Nov 30, 2015
I like your faith

1 Like

Re: Lady From A Broken Home Tells VERY TOUCHING Story With Pics by consultancy: 4:45pm On Nov 30, 2015
and I pray u surely tell it with a better end in the nearest future. wishing you all the best .Amen

3 Likes

Re: Lady From A Broken Home Tells VERY TOUCHING Story With Pics by tpiadotcom: 4:49pm On Nov 30, 2015
which kind of long story is this?

cant make head of tail of it, didnt read it either.

and while you are there soliloquizing and writing fake stories, see what someone else is doing (she's also from a broken home):

https://www.nairaland.com/2771225/lil-wayne-gifts-daughter-2016

does she look like she's carrying broken home on her head?
Re: Lady From A Broken Home Tells VERY TOUCHING Story With Pics by pet4ril(f): 4:50pm On Nov 30, 2015
cry cry cry God has already assured us in the holy Bible that "when your father and mother forsake you, i will lift you up " so have faith dearie and i wish you more grace and success in all your endeavors

3 Likes

Re: Lady From A Broken Home Tells VERY TOUCHING Story With Pics by whitecloth: 4:54pm On Nov 30, 2015
If this story is truly for real, its touching o, very touching and inspiring.

1 Like

Re: Lady From A Broken Home Tells VERY TOUCHING Story With Pics by sinaj(f): 5:09pm On Nov 30, 2015
*yawns*

Long story Witat refreshment or incentive sad

1 Like

Re: Lady From A Broken Home Tells VERY TOUCHING Story With Pics by Lobolintin(m): 5:09pm On Nov 30, 2015
I wish to help.... Send me your act number ..but I need facts to prove this ain't scammers again ..if you try to fake am.... Then you suppose sabi who dey this end
Re: Lady From A Broken Home Tells VERY TOUCHING Story With Pics by cyndiegal(f): 5:53pm On Nov 30, 2015
Keep trying,GOD will see u through

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady From A Broken Home Tells VERY TOUCHING Story With Pics by koolapo(m): 8:32pm On Nov 30, 2015
Am an orphan, I lived a lonely life but I promise to give myself the best things even tho I still struggle bt I'm not moved by my present situation, I just got admission to aau Ekpoma, n I believe I will make it no matter what. I love stories like this it inspires me to always strive for more

1 Like

Re: Lady From A Broken Home Tells VERY TOUCHING Story With Pics by Erums(m): 8:45pm On Nov 30, 2015
obinnashady:

Ure so Blessed... wished I'm ready would have married you ASAP.... you know Wat hardlife is

1 Like

Re: Lady From A Broken Home Tells VERY TOUCHING Story With Pics by bencarson007(m): 10:51pm On Nov 30, 2015
Call me wen u need help - 07034496635
Re: Lady From A Broken Home Tells VERY TOUCHING Story With Pics by MysticZeus: 11:58pm On Nov 30, 2015
koolapo:
Am an orphan, I lived a lonely life but I promise to give myself the best things even tho I still struggle bt I'm not moved by my present situation, I just got admission to aau Ekpoma, n I believe I will make it no matter what. I love stories like this it inspires me to always strive for more
What Department?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady From A Broken Home Tells VERY TOUCHING Story With Pics by Nobody: 3:42am On Dec 01, 2015
Your parents will come back looking for you. You have done well for yourself, dear.
Re: Lady From A Broken Home Tells VERY TOUCHING Story With Pics by mercielizzie(f): 5:23am On Dec 01, 2015
tpiadotcom:
which kind of long story is this?

cant make head of tail of it, didnt read it either.

and while you are there soliloquizing and writing fake stories, see what someone else is doing (she's also from a broken home):

https://www.nairaland.com/2771225/lil-wayne-gifts-daughter-2016

does she look like she's carrying broken home on her head?
your brain eyaff decayed.
Re: Lady From A Broken Home Tells VERY TOUCHING Story With Pics by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 01, 2015
I won't be surprised when this story makes FP... Abeg when is the film coming out Anyways, you're a woman
Re: Lady From A Broken Home Tells VERY TOUCHING Story With Pics by Geraraheremehn: 7:59am On Dec 01, 2015
Ok na... summarize
Re: Lady From A Broken Home Tells VERY TOUCHING Story With Pics by glossy6(f): 8:30am On Dec 01, 2015
May God reward your effort
Re: Lady From A Broken Home Tells VERY TOUCHING Story With Pics by koolapo(m): 7:26pm On Dec 06, 2015
MysticZeus:
What Department?
geography and environmental management
Re: Lady From A Broken Home Tells VERY TOUCHING Story With Pics by MysticZeus: 7:30pm On Dec 06, 2015
koolapo:
geography and environmental management

In AAU?
Re: Lady From A Broken Home Tells VERY TOUCHING Story With Pics by eyostines(m): 9:00pm On Dec 06, 2015
Good one... u hit a lot of points there... perseverance should be ones drive and commitment not minding your current circumstance. a good one this is coming from a lady in a society where there is inequality discrimination.. d lord is your strength dear... your joy shall surely come in the morning.... bless u..
Re: Lady From A Broken Home Tells VERY TOUCHING Story With Pics by GoldenJAT(m): 9:09am On Dec 07, 2015
Sexist:
I won't be surprised when this story makes FP... Abeg when is the film coming out Anyways, you're a woman
u are very stupid!!!! Is evrtin abt movies? I pray mk u no come in contact with some certain situations... OLODO
Re: Lady From A Broken Home Tells VERY TOUCHING Story With Pics by binkc(f): 9:46am On Dec 07, 2015
God will eva be ur strength, so touching. i experienced dat too though my parents wia together but, i struggle to train my self in skul n som of my siblings. am a graduate today is by the grace of God. As long as am doing my NYSC today, my dear u will surely do urs Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Destiny Boy Beats Peter Okoye's Son Hands Down In Dance Competition / Chris Brown's Daughter, Royalty Brown, Sings To Him On His Birthday / Akume Akume- One Of The Very Few Northern Actors.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.