Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,806 members, 7,810,099 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

My Galaxy S6 Charger Does Not Charge Any Other Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Galaxy S6 Charger Does Not Charge Any Other Phone (2479 Views)

One Way To Charge Any Phone Wirelessly. / Apart From Tecno Phone, What Other Phone Can I Buy With 15 To 20k? / Meet ASAP DASH, The Worlds Fastest Charger That Can Charge Any Device In 15 Mins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Galaxy S6 Charger Does Not Charge Any Other Phone by abatically(m): 12:09am On Dec 01, 2015
I have a galaxy s6 and the adaptive fast charger that came with the phone works well on the phone. Fast charging works fine and I can charge from 0 to 50% in just about 20 -25 mins. The problem though is the charger doesn't charge any other phone. If I plug any other phone it will show charging, but go back check after 30 mins and the battery % will remain where it is, sometimes it will even drain the battery more. This charger cannot even charge the simpless of devices like aa modem. The annoying thing is of my LG g3 has 5% battery left and I plug this charger, in 15 mins the phone would drop to 2% and subsequently die.

I know this charger wasn't designed like this. Any other person having similar problems?
Re: My Galaxy S6 Charger Does Not Charge Any Other Phone by kazzonline: 12:28am On Dec 01, 2015
Same with s5 charger,it doesnt charge my lg g3,but super charge the samsung s5 it was meant for
Re: My Galaxy S6 Charger Does Not Charge Any Other Phone by abatically(m): 12:34am On Dec 01, 2015
kazzonline:
Same with s5 charger,it doesnt charge my lg g3,but super charge the samsung s5 it was meant for

If I'm not mistaken s5 has USB 3.0 which would not fit into LG g3. Unless of course u use a different cable.
Re: My Galaxy S6 Charger Does Not Charge Any Other Phone by Nobody: 1:08am On Dec 01, 2015
abatically:
I have a galaxy s6 and the adaptive fast charger that came with the phone works well on the phone. Fast charging works fine and I can charge from 0 to 50% in just about 20 -25 mins. The problem though is the charger doesn't charge any other phone. If I plug any other phone it will show charging, but go back check after 30 mins and the battery % will remain where it is, sometimes it will even drain the battery more. This charger cannot even charge the simpless of devices like aa modem. The annoying thing is of my LG g3 has 5% battery left and I plug this charger, in 15 mins the phone would drop to 2% and subsequently die.

I know this charger wasn't designed like this. Any other person having similar problems?

The day I used a friend's Galaxy s6 charger to charge my former techno phantom A+.. My ba3 spoilt before reaching 20%..# That's d way charger was made,only fr strong crazy phones#
Re: My Galaxy S6 Charger Does Not Charge Any Other Phone by abatically(m): 2:07am On Dec 01, 2015
WeedSeller:

The day I used a friend's Galaxy s6 charger to charge my former techno phantom A+.. My ba3 spoilt before reaching 20%..# That's d way charger was made,only fr strong crazy phones#

Wow, never knew that. I guess I better watch the kind of phones I charge it with them. Good for me anyway, at least I won't have to borrow anyone my charger. grin

2 Likes

Re: My Galaxy S6 Charger Does Not Charge Any Other Phone by UchihaItachi(m): 6:10am On Dec 01, 2015
That you haven't fried those batteries yet is a miracle, fast chargers are meant for phones with quick charge functionality and has over 5A output capacity. Go and buy a 2A charger for those other phones

2 Likes

Re: My Galaxy S6 Charger Does Not Charge Any Other Phone by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 01, 2015
UchihaItachi:
That you haven't fried those batteries yet is a miracle, fast chargers are meant for phones with quick charge functionality and has over 5A output capacity. Go and buy a 2A charger for those other phones

Actually it has dual output. 9.0v---1.67A for fast charging and 5.0V---2.0A for normal charging. According to Samsung and other websites, the charger is supposed to work on 5.0V---2.0A for non fast charging devices and only throttle to 9.0V for fast charging enabled devices. So I see no reason why it would fry the batteries.

Re: My Galaxy S6 Charger Does Not Charge Any Other Phone by Readonee35L(m): 6:49pm On Dec 01, 2015
UchihaItachi:

no be only fry ,na burn angry
it doesnt work dt way

1 Like

Re: My Galaxy S6 Charger Does Not Charge Any Other Phone by kazzonline: 9:56am On Dec 02, 2015
abatically:

If I'm not mistaken s5 has USB 3.0 which would not fit into LG g3. Unless of course u use a different cable.

You r mistaken bro!! The samsung note 3 has usb.3.0 but samsung s5 has 2.0 and 3.0 capabilities so the charger fitted well.but didnt charge my device
Re: My Galaxy S6 Charger Does Not Charge Any Other Phone by abatically(m): 10:22pm On Feb 03, 2016
Found out the problem was from the cable as it got to a stage it stopped fast charging my s6. I ordered for Anker powerline USB cable from Konga and problem solved. Now it charges every phone without any problem.

1 Like

Re: My Galaxy S6 Charger Does Not Charge Any Other Phone by oodua1stson: 11:04pm On Feb 03, 2016
kazzonline:
s5 and note 3 came with usb 3.0 na. How e go enter LG g3 charging port? angry angry angry
Re: My Galaxy S6 Charger Does Not Charge Any Other Phone by iamtewwy(m): 5:42am On Feb 04, 2016
abatically:
Found out the problem was from the cable as it got to a stage it stopped fast charging my s6. I ordered for Anker powerline USB cable from Konga and problem solved. Now it charges every phone without any problem.
sorry bro..aw much did that anker powerline cable cost you?
Re: My Galaxy S6 Charger Does Not Charge Any Other Phone by abatically(m): 7:24am On Feb 04, 2016
iamtewwy:
sorry bro..aw much did that anker powerline cable cost you?

Anker power line is N2,000 while anker premium is N1,500 on Konga. Pricey but quality, u will definitely feel the difference.
Re: My Galaxy S6 Charger Does Not Charge Any Other Phone by jakeharris(m): 9:35am On Feb 04, 2016
The problem is your chargers coz I use s6 charger to charge my ps4 controller
Re: My Galaxy S6 Charger Does Not Charge Any Other Phone by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 04, 2016
jakeharris:

Problem is not the charger but the cable. If charger works fine on galaxy s6 but too slow on other devices, its the cable. Anyway problem was solved after changing cable
Re: My Galaxy S6 Charger Does Not Charge Any Other Phone by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 17, 2016
jakeharris:
kindly reply your pm bro
Re: My Galaxy S6 Charger Does Not Charge Any Other Phone by jakeharris(m): 8:54am On Mar 22, 2016
femi321:
kindly reply your pm bro

I don't use that email anymore, what is it that you need
Re: My Galaxy S6 Charger Does Not Charge Any Other Phone by Gozychuks(m): 10:28am On Jun 12, 2016
jakeharris:

I don't use that email anymore, what is it that you need
I also sent you pms. I am applying for masters at wvu Morgantown. I need some info. Do they give graduate assiistanship or research assistantship. how is luge generally there and are the people friendly
Also how is the weather

1 Like

Re: My Galaxy S6 Charger Does Not Charge Any Other Phone by kolexepana: 2:42pm On Jun 12, 2016
Show off undecided
Re: My Galaxy S6 Charger Does Not Charge Any Other Phone by jakeharris(m): 9:40am On Jun 16, 2016
Gozychuks:
I also sent you pms. I am applying for masters at wvu Morgantown. I need some info. Do they give graduate assiistanship or research assistantship. how is luge generally there and are the people friendly
Also how is the weather

Man I am an Undergraduate so I don't know anything about grad school

1 Like

Re: My Galaxy S6 Charger Does Not Charge Any Other Phone by Gozychuks(m): 6:55pm On Jun 16, 2016
jakeharris:

Man I am an Undergraduate so I don't know anything about grad school
how about the environment. is there no way you can get any little info.Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Serious Buyer Only Mint gold Tecno W4 For Sale / Why You Should Buy Your Phones At Slot / 4 Dangerous Apps You Should Never Have On Your Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.