Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,401 members, 7,819,428 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Is The Husband The Spiritual Leader Of The Home? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Husband The Spiritual Leader Of The Home? (755 Views)

Pastor Mrs Folu Adeboye Driving The Husband Pastor Adeboye In A Throwback Photo / Are You A Spiritual Leader? / Are You A Spiritual Leader? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is The Husband The Spiritual Leader Of The Home? by mrsb(f): 9:47am On May 28, 2009
Dear NL, I was always led to believe that the wife was the spiritual centre of the home - that it is the wife's duty to keep the home and her spirit calm and quiet and to educate the kids and husband in the christianly way. To chase everyone up to go to church and encourage bible readings, lead the family in prayers etc.

However at a fellowship last week, we were told otherwise - we were told as the submissive wife - we MUST let the husband lead.

What are your thoughts on this and how does one go about this in practice? I am bad enough at getting us to church and to pray but if I leave it my tired and overworked husband - I don't know when it will happen.

(1) (Reply)

Am I Safe? My Landlady Pour: / Are You People Preparing For Shillo? / By His Stripes You Are Healed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.