Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,152 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) (40186 Views)

Burial Of Corper Who Drowned In A River In Rivers State (Photos) / Female Corper Steps Out With A Porsche For Clearance In Abuja (Photos) / How greedy corpers escaped being used as rituals in Rivers state (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by Tafidah(m): 5:43pm On Dec 01, 2015
marioioidp:
when they said weed... guess what i tot......

My beard oil works magic. Grow long, soft and fresh beards... I just started growing mine 2 months ago, and you can see the result on instagram @beardgang9ja. do check me out. Also... place an order by calling 08098214914. I deliver anywhere in Nigeria... Limited offer!

bro how mch is it?
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by Harmvirus(f): 5:51pm On Dec 01, 2015
Damsonkc:
Go to Asaba, it is worse there. A certain Mr. Williams is busy giving corps members problems.

Meanwhile,

Y'all corps members should checkout the ongoing auction at WesternMall. I was able to get my sisters some nice shoes for less than 1k.
This will be ideal for corps members since your meager allowance cant't get you much. http://www.westernmall.co.uk/Bid/BidNow

Lol! I served in Asaba too. That Akwaibom man is really crazy.
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by tobodex(m): 6:08pm On Dec 01, 2015
All this officials doing if you research well are not graduates, so that anger and envy are also exerted on graduates; same also happens on camp....na we say make una no go polytechnic abi university...hmmm
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by jonnieoneng: 6:45pm On Dec 01, 2015
THE REAL ISSUE IS WHAT EXACTLY DID THEY DO TO WARRANT THE SO CALLED HUMILIATION ........THE MERE FACT THAT THEY COMPLIED SAYS A LOT ABOUT HOW GUILTY THEY ARE .SO WHY ARE WE HAVING PITY FOR THEM ....LET THEM PAY FOR THEIR TRANSGRESSIONS grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by obinnashady(m): 6:47pm On Dec 01, 2015
obum88:

Sharaap! If na you you don cut am finish
mumu,e no fit be me,cos I've served and no one told me to cut grass when I was serving
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by jonnieoneng: 6:48pm On Dec 01, 2015
tobodex:
All this officials doing if you research well are not graduates, so that anger and envy are also exerted on graduates; same also happens on camp....na we say make una no go polytechnic abi university...hmmm
THAT IS NOT EXACTLY TRUE.....EVERY ONE INCLUDING GRADUATES MUST RESPECT CONSTITUTED AUTHORITY AT WHAT EVER LEVEL IT BE FOUND .......SIMPLY PUT THIS GUYS DISOBEYED AND THEY ARE BEING MADE TO FACE THE MUSIC .HOW I WISH OTHER SECTOR OF GOVERNANCE WILL LEARN FROM THIS

1 Like

Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by Franky9584(m): 6:50pm On Dec 01, 2015
plz x cutting of weeds part if the cardinal point of nysc? anyway that might be their lodge, if they no clear d bush, who knows reptiles might find their way inside d lodge wch they might regret...who knows
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by Franky9584(m): 6:51pm On Dec 01, 2015
jonnieoneng:

THAT IS NOT EXACTLY TRUE.....EVERY ONE INCLUDING GRADUATES MUST RESPECT CONSTITUTED AUTHORITY AT WHAT EVER LEVEL IT BE FOUND .......SIMPLY PUT THIS GUYS DISOBEYED AND THEY ARE BEING MADE TO FACE THE MUSIC .HOW I WISH OTHER SECTOR OF GOVERNANCE WILL LEARN FROM THIS
exactly. where there z no law, there will b no punishment

1 Like

Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by vanvick247(m): 7:32pm On Dec 01, 2015
Lolz.... Its all part of d fun in service. Na to jejely clear d grass coz @ d end of d day na allawee sure pass . Btw dey must have done sumtin really wrong to be told to do such.
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by bbdd: 8:50pm On Dec 01, 2015
SleekyGee:

What that meant to be funny, all you silly guys forming big boys in NYSC camps, it's now when u enter labour market that your amugbo eyes clear. NO BIG BOY IN THE LABOUR MARKET, HUSTLE FOR YOUR SUCCESS!

I'm so laughing at this comment.
Labour market. Loooool
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by gbengene07(m): 8:51pm On Dec 01, 2015
this is an unpleasant situation and insult to Nigerian pedigree.
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by mrtheo33: 9:03pm On Dec 01, 2015
Mustay:
While a picture says more than a thousand confusing words and there's nothing wrong in graduates cutting the grass, what pisses me is that there's an amount set aside for the maintenance of the LG. This is misappropriation if that's the case.
There is everytin wrong wth that. They hv their PPAs and personal n group CDS where they render their service and they are obligated to that. Why force them to cut grass for clearance? They are nt under any obligation for that. It's because in Nigeria any man who is in authority believes his subject has no right of decision. Infact, that LGI is a fool.
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by fineguy11(m): 9:36pm On Dec 01, 2015
kekakuz:
[size=20pt] Why are we wasting valuable time and man power
I think we should convert this service to a compulsory one year military service like it's done in some Asian countries. Nigerian army lacks man power
[/size]
1 million likes for u.imagine a country of 150000000 cant even boost of an army of 200;000,and govt is busy looking for ways to create jobs..
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by beautyerhu86(f): 10:02pm On Dec 01, 2015
Poster that you are always looking for traffic doesn't mean you should give bad headlines. For goodness sake, this is called community development service (CDS). As a serving corp member, you must belong to a group.Mr blind and unintelligent poster, try yo get your facts right.
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by Mustay(m): 10:29pm On Dec 01, 2015
mrtheo33:
There is everytin wrong wth that. They hv their PPAs and personal n group CDS where they render their service and they are obligated to that. Why force them to cut grass for clearance? They are nt under any obligation for that. It's because in Nigeria any man who is in authority believes his subject has no right of decision.

Graduates not Corps Members. I agree with you; I intentionally wrote graduates cos the OP made it look like graduates are so special, executing the task was an aberration.
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by UnimkeAk(m): 10:36pm On Dec 01, 2015
mikigen:
cheesy cheesy lolz back then in ANAMBRA each CDS group had their farm portion. See were every corper they weed, plant corn! Plus constant cutting of grasses in the name of maintenance every week by each group! Omo e nor easy but it was fun though!

4 wer be that lga?
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by theadvocatus(m): 10:59pm On Dec 01, 2015
Totally appalling, I served in Rivers and I don't av fond memories of serving there... bunch set of wicked and tight-fisted people... they look at you like you've come to steal "their oil" and dehumanize u at every opportunity they get...
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by Felaak47(m): 11:41pm On Dec 01, 2015
there is nothing bad there, I could vividly remember back then in enugu we normally cut grasses and clear the dirty withing the LGA b4 the LGi will allow us to payroll.
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by xp17(m): 11:48pm On Dec 01, 2015
This is no big deal. If their duty is to serve, they should do with humility . is not always collecting money from polititians or parents to build blocks of class rooms or other heavy duty projects.
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by Nobody: 4:19am On Dec 02, 2015
Who posted this rubbish, aren't corpers supposed to do community service, corpers usually perform some sort of community service which involves clean up, rehabilitation or even provision of essential medicare services to their host community.

There has to be responsibility, maturity and service that's what nysc helps u to achieve, its not just getting privileges but taking responsibility and action.

So stop wailing, if spent ur service year drinking palmwine and sleeping with little girls then you learnt nothing and will definitely contribute nothing to society

1 Like

Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by davidsonkuti: 5:31am On Dec 02, 2015
Dis is really bad o, wat kind of dis is dat
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by nosiebaba(m): 7:39am On Dec 02, 2015
Bishopmayowa:
It was fun back then in Benue...I took Yam home as a prize
Thank you my brother. What is the punishment there in secondary school we do clear huge fields to avoid snakes. Who will now clear the NYSC secretariat for corpers? It's their duty jare
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 02, 2015
davidsonkuti:
Dis is really bad o, wat kind of dis is dat

It seems that you never served , thats what CGS is all about dont mind those crying foul over the matter, NYSC makes u responsible and mature , dont be like those brats who do their youth service in their mummys kitchen. grin
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by mikigen(m): 8:02am On Dec 02, 2015
UnimkeAk:

4 wer be that lga?
Idemili south
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by hicent: 8:18am On Dec 02, 2015
menix:
For Dog sake, what is the big deal....

If u re serving ur father's land u should do it with due diligence nd it will be fun..

Some of us who attended military schools would tell you cutting of grass is a normal routine..

Even the military, someone's father cuts grass all to serve his father land..

All this spoilt End Time children complaining over nothing..
Dey should just keep quiet and suffer..izza clear?..hehehe repping Nigeria Military School (NMS) Zaria...ones a boi always an Exboy..awoa.
Re: Corpers Forced To Cut Weeds As Punishment Before Clearance In Rivers (Photos) by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 02, 2015
contactmorak:
Why is it that Nigerian youths are easily suppressd even despite their education. These are supposed to be adults being humiliated. If you've committed an offense, should cuttng grass like a slave be the punishment? This happened this morning in Ahoada East Local Government in Rivers state. NYSC officials refused to commence clearance until the corps members weed a portion of grass given to them. If they can be easily suppressed by an ordinary nysc official, how much more politicians governing their affairs. See More pics after the cut..
www.newseveryhour.com/2015/12/photos-of-nysc-corp-members-being.html
u are just a lazy 4k! What's bad about grass cutting? Are they not fit as corp members to cut grass?very soon u will open a useless thread where secondary sch pupils are ccutting grass.

Come, smallie...what is even humiliating in cutting grass? Wwhere u from sef?city of pride and pompous?
U have not served, so don't raise nonsense topics about NYSCc ever again!

Even soldiers get more punishment/drills than this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp / Yusuf Buhari Receives NYSC Certificate Despite Not Completing His Service Year? / NYSC To Deploy Doctors, Pharmacists To IDPs Camps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.