Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,417 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Court To Sentence 20-year-old Mother For Online Baby Sale - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court To Sentence 20-year-old Mother For Online Baby Sale (392 Views)

Police Rescues Boy Chained In Ogun By His Grandmother & Mother For Months (Pic) / 16-Year-Old Mother Joins Prostitution In Bauchi After Forced Marriage / I Sold My Daughter Because Of Poverty — 20-year-old Mother (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court To Sentence 20-year-old Mother For Online Baby Sale by viviangist: 1:49pm On Dec 01, 2015
A mother pleaded guilty in a South African court to having tried to sell her baby on the Internet for 5,000 rand (346 dollars), a report said on Tuesday.

The 20-year-old woman said “I admit that my actions were unlawful and intentional, I have no defence.’’

Police said that the woman was arrested in October following a tip-off from a member of the public who said that a baby was being sold on the website called Gumtree.

She was freed on bail and placed under house arrest, to be sentenced on Feb. 29 at the Magistrates’ Court in the eastern town of Pietermaritzburg.

Source http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/court-to-sentence-20-year-old-mother-for-online-baby-sale/

Posted By Vivian Gist
Re: Court To Sentence 20-year-old Mother For Online Baby Sale by viviangist: 1:50pm On Dec 01, 2015
Hmm see problem oo , selling baby Online , just Like Mobile Phones
Re: Court To Sentence 20-year-old Mother For Online Baby Sale by DuchessLily(f): 1:53pm On Dec 01, 2015
Hmmm... The love of money
Re: Court To Sentence 20-year-old Mother For Online Baby Sale by Unekz(m): 2:10pm On Dec 01, 2015
make dis world jux end sef
Re: Court To Sentence 20-year-old Mother For Online Baby Sale by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:16am On Dec 02, 2015
Olx?

(1) (Reply)

My Money Withdraw Online / 300 Level Student Killed During Fight Over Girlfriend In Jigawa / Police Parade Masquerade, 20 Others For Robbery In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.