Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

How I Turned Fun And Passion Into 6 Million Naira - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Turned Fun And Passion Into 6 Million Naira (2581 Views)

Widow Turned Bus Conductor Relies On Weed To Deal With Lagos ‘agberos’ / Former Corper Turned Military Officer (Photos) / Meet The Banker Who Turned To Puff Puff Seller In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Turned Fun And Passion Into 6 Million Naira by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 01, 2015
My name is ThankGod Kosi Ebirim, native of Ikeduru LGA in Imo state Nigeria but was born and raised in Port Harcourt where I currently reside. I have a passion for Singing, Mentoring, Writing, Public Speaking and Coaching.  I want to share with you how I turned my passion into 6 million naira.
I am a Banker (Person wey study finance and banking no be banker?) I attended the University of Port Harcourt and graduated in 2012.

I always had (And still have) passion for writing; infact I write on almost anything I see ranging from a sheet of paper, bank wall (Remember the normal writing inside the banking hall e.g.. slow bank, poor service etc..)
I also wrote on dirty parked cars when I was little (please wash me etc…)
I love to inspire people and bring out the best in them. I love to help people discover their full potentials and use that potential to fulfil purpose.
First I started on facebook.  I write beautiful articles and things that help them realise who they truly are; and because of that, my friends list got so much and I had to open a page. I bear KOSI EBIRIM in all and you can always add me now to join the conversation and get inspired for success.
 I believe in excellence as taught by my Mentor Pastor Sam Adeyemi of Daystar Christian Centre Lagos Nigeria and My Mentor in Port Harcourt Pastor Chris Ugoh of The Kings Assembly.
They made me to understand who I truly was and what God has called me to do. Both pastors taught me that the very day you were born, you were born with a purpose and a responsibility given to you.
Their devotion and passion for God and service drew me closer to God more and more until i got the calling to become a Pastor (Story for another day)

HOW THE 6 MILLION NAIRIA CAME

Since I write on facebook and had people mainly based in Port Harcourt and few from other states in Nigeria and abroad, I felt it was time to reach the world. I then thought of a bigger platform to share my messages and reach the world; then blogging came into my mind.
I never liked blogging because most people who blog share false news just to attract people to their blog and make financial gain. Since I was not in that line, I resolved in my heart to start posting my various writings as inspired by God so as to reach the public. So I created the blog PURPOSEFUL LIVING in 2013 (Not fully though).
The blog currently runs with the name www.kosiebirim..com

The blog has much page visitors and people who come to read without saying thank you or comment; but since it was my passion, it never did affect me.
I started advertising for people and companies without their permission. Some of them don’t even know I advertise for them.
With such act of kindness and hospitality, I had to advertise for ETISALAT NIGERIA. Etisalat is a mobile communication company in Nigeria, Africa and in most part of the world.
I advertised their products on my blog www.kosiebirim..com and used them as my wallpaper so that my visitors can always go back to patronise and purchase their products.
I did that for Etisalat without charging a dollar or naira from them and I always doubted if they knew I was doing it for them (They didn’t send me afterall).
Fortunately, I never knew their communications manager was always visiting my blog to read my post and also check the advert on my blog by click (I guess he must have called me a jobless blogger) because he knew I was not one of their Affliate marketers and also not one of their subscribers because my mobile number was on my page for potential advert and people who wish to seek counsel and advice.
He contacted me and invited me to their south-south head office in Port Harcourt. At first I thought he knew my mentors and wanted to confirm something from me or give me a free sim or call card Lol…

On that faithful day, I wore my best suit (I am a suit man remember)
I got to the office exactly 5 minutes past the hour of 8 since my meeting was for 10:00am. I even came before most staffs and senior managers (Big men don’t rush to work remember!!!! Lol)
I waited until he came and asked his Personal Assistant to bring me in.
As I approached the office door, I felt like the U.S ambassador visiting Nigeria because of the protocol team surrounding and calling me Sir!!! Sir!!!
I went into his office, was offered a sit and coffee came almost immediately before I could say Good morning and sit.
We went into a closed door meeting and he began to ask me questions!!!
Conversation went thus.

Him …… Why do you do what you do?

Me……… Because of my passion for writing

Him……Why are you advertising for us for free?

Me….. I felt money shouldn’t come into everything we are passionate about and so doing it for free mean nothing to me.(I went further to say).. Money is secondary and if it comes along side, fine.

Him….. You are a brilliant young man, I want to make use of you.

Me…. How Sir

Him…. Can you advertise for us like you do for 4 Million naira? Ok let me make it 6 million please!!!

My heart almost busted as he said 6 million naira and was even using please…..
I couldn’t hold the Joy, the fun, the happiness and peace inside of me… I left his office happy and heading to my family house to tell my mum!!!! Suddenly, Nepa brought light and i woke up from the Dream………!!!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Turned Fun And Passion Into 6 Million Naira by MrBen10(m): 2:46pm On Dec 01, 2015
Lol.... End time tales. But you got me on this.

4 Likes

Re: How I Turned Fun And Passion Into 6 Million Naira by kolacost: 3:35pm On Dec 01, 2015
Lool. NIGGA PLEASE!!!!!!
Re: How I Turned Fun And Passion Into 6 Million Naira by LaudateII: 5:31pm On Dec 01, 2015
So na dream, sef!! You no dey serious, o!
Re: How I Turned Fun And Passion Into 6 Million Naira by pweetychyka(f): 10:51pm On Dec 01, 2015
Hahahahaha!

Don't worry dreams also come thru...
Re: How I Turned Fun And Passion Into 6 Million Naira by Nobody: 3:38am On Dec 02, 2015
cool
pweetychyka:
Hahahahaha!

Re: How I Turned Fun And Passion Into 6 Million Naira by Nobody: 3:39am On Dec 02, 2015
Lol
LaudateII:
So na dream, sef!! You no dey serious, o!
Re: How I Turned Fun And Passion Into 6 Million Naira by Tobitrueman(m): 8:19am On Dec 02, 2015
Hahaha, I can't stop laughing. Pls write a blog on how I can stop@ OP

Re: How I Turned Fun And Passion Into 6 Million Naira by DICE234(m): 5:47pm On Dec 02, 2015
lmao i almost believed it

but then

Do you have a skill or do you run a service and yet not making much money out of it? Chances are that many people don't know you have this skill or offer such services and yet someone in your area might be in desperate need of your services... are you a makeup artist, event manager, Dj, Piano tutor, Model, Rented Usher, Bass guitar tutor, graphics designer, web developer, actor/actress, Lesson teacher, french Lesson tutor, programmer, etc... register your services/skill at (check my signature) and be surprised how many people require your services out there but don't know you offer them. Sabiboy.com... someone, somewhere needs your services.

1 Like

Re: How I Turned Fun And Passion Into 6 Million Naira by Qualer: 9:57am On Dec 03, 2015
pweetychyka:
Hahahahaha!

nne! chai, my dream is coming through o! you are just an ebony beauty... makachukwu!!! cool

1 Like

Re: How I Turned Fun And Passion Into 6 Million Naira by pweetychyka(f): 10:26am On Dec 03, 2015
Qualer:

nne! chai, my dream is coming through o! you are just an ebony beauty... makachukwu!!! cool

Thanks dearie
Re: How I Turned Fun And Passion Into 6 Million Naira by chynergy1(m): 12:59pm On Dec 03, 2015
u try sha.
nice write up.

1 Like

Re: How I Turned Fun And Passion Into 6 Million Naira by debbydee(f): 3:34pm On Dec 03, 2015
guy you got me on this.

you try wella

1 Like

Re: How I Turned Fun And Passion Into 6 Million Naira by Noniiwinnie(f): 7:59am On Dec 04, 2015
After spending my time reading this,even had to bring down what i was cooking just to read this, at the end it was a dream.. Chai I need to punish u...

2 Likes

Re: How I Turned Fun And Passion Into 6 Million Naira by Idydarling(f): 6:52pm On Dec 04, 2015
op, you gat me there

1 Like

Re: How I Turned Fun And Passion Into 6 Million Naira by Kennycyphers(m): 10:04pm On Dec 04, 2015
Lol.... wow... you got me bro. Nice 1. am a blogger too... maybe we can work something out. kenescomputertechnology..com

1 Like

Re: How I Turned Fun And Passion Into 6 Million Naira by Nobody: 2:57am On Dec 06, 2015
Hahaha don't punish please
Noniiwinnie:
After spending my time reading this,even had to bring down what i was cooking just to read this, at the end it was a dream.. Chai I need to punish u...

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Fuss About Digital Marketing? 12 Things You Need To Know / Why You May Not Access 25% Of Your Pensions On Job Loss / Chartered Institute Of Environmental And Public Health Management Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.