Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Woman 48, Goes 12 Years Without A Bath - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman 48, Goes 12 Years Without A Bath (586 Views)

Brush Your Teeth Or Take A Bath...what Will It Be? / Man Taking His Bath On Lekki Epe Expressway (Photos) / Opinion- Let Us Know How long is appropriate To Brush The Mouth And Have a bath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman 48, Goes 12 Years Without A Bath by JoelNkantaBlog: 2:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
NIKKI Hurst has not had a shower in the past 12 years — as she is allergic to water.

Instead, she uses baby wipes to stay clean.

Even drinking water triggers a stabbing reaction that leaves her in agony. Nikki has the one in five million condition, aquagenic pruritus, where her immune system attacks her skin when it touches water.

And the mum of one admits it has almost driven her to suicide.

Nikki, 48, said: “Simple tasks are a nightmare. I wash up in rubber gloves but if my hands get too hot, I sweat and the stabbing sensation spreads up my arms. Sometimes attacks can last eight hours and I curl up wanting to end it all.”

Nikki is the only woman in England to have her blood plasma replaced each month. The treatment at NHS Blood and Transplant’s therapeutic apheresis services unit in Oxford does temporarily relieve symptoms for the cake maker, of Hazlemere, Bucks.

Nikki, diagnosed in 2003, added: “I’m so grateful for the treatment and want to say thanks to all the staff as it’s the only thing that gives me relief.

“It’s given me my life back.”
<[url: http://www.primeviewsng.com]>

Re: Woman 48, Goes 12 Years Without A Bath by obinnashady(m): 2:50pm On Dec 01, 2015
Nawa oooo
Re: Woman 48, Goes 12 Years Without A Bath by Khd95(m): 2:51pm On Dec 01, 2015
I was goin to bash her nd call her dirty girlcry
thank God i reead d story,is there cure for this bizzare sickness
may God come to ur rescue. And she is pretty
Re: Woman 48, Goes 12 Years Without A Bath by Lilimax(f): 3:21pm On Dec 01, 2015
Whenever I read stories like this, I usually kneel and thank God for the gift of life.
It is not because I'm better or righteous that I'm alive and whole but it is just by His mercies.

To you young lady, I pray that permanent healing will come to you.
Nothing, absolutely nothing is too difficult for God. smiley
Re: Woman 48, Goes 12 Years Without A Bath by Horlawoomey(m): 4:34pm On Dec 01, 2015
Bizarre indeed.
Alhamdulilah for the sound health.

(1) (Reply)

Who Else Apart From Me Is Feeling The Hamattan? / Curing My Mouth Odour / what I saw inside a 33beer bottle, what should I do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.