Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

My Experience At A Job Interview - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience At A Job Interview (997 Views)

Stay Away From The B.s Consulting Limited Job Interview / A Nairalander's Flood Experience At Alagbole Under Bridge (photos) / My Experience , Atrocity And Nightmares As A Cultist In University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience At A Job Interview by calyb247(m): 6:01pm On Dec 01, 2015
Since my graduation from the university in 2010, i have been very busy growing my business (Janitorial services) so that i have had litlle or no time at all to attend job interviews, especially from private firms.
Then came this job opening which seemed a litlle bit too simple to apply for and i did (at my convinient time). Three days after i got a text informing me that i was shotlisted for the interview which was on a saturday. Fortunately for the recruiters, none of my clients was scheduled for that day so i got ready with my stuff and on the faithful day headed to the prescibed venue of the interview.

THE ARRIVAL: at the point of arrival, one could see the teeming applicants arriving from different directions with all seriousness, carrying all sorts and sizes of bags.
Some where looking more confused than fresh undergraduates. Some immidiately started looking for acquiantances to ask questions, some looking really timid and a feeling of inferiority written all over their faces, while some were looking really pompos and acting as if they had already got the job. Some were really confused as to the venue of the interview such that one would start to wonder if they if they were actually invited and briefed, or wether they are new in Makurdi.

THE WAITING: after we were screened to make sure that all of us were actually invited and there were no gate crashers, we were finally seated and waiting for our various turns of call. It was during this wait that my curiousity took over me and i started noticing the different categories of people among the crowd of applicants. I immediately started smiling to myself. I observed the following categories of people;
THE CLUELESS: These were the most striking of all. They seemed not to understand anything, even the sitting arrangement was confusing to them.
THE DESPERATE: This group of people must have job hunted for more than ten years and were not ready to loose another opportunity. They were more careful than necessary, almost acting like they could write the names of noise makers. They would give you a nasty look if you answered a call, thet would not even greet you back if you said Hi.. I made sure to give these ones their space.
THE CAREFREE: Should i say i fall under this category? This group of applicants were so free that one would wonder if they really needed the job or were just there to kill boredom. They answered calls freely, chatted freely, and even exchanged applications and games on their mobile devices and even discussed trending political, fashion and showbiz issues... Mostly BSU graduates..
THE NOTICE ME/PHONE FREAK: Hmmm, i think this group of people can be found even in heaven. What you first notice about them is their SIREN dressing and were mostly ladies, and even a few guys.. Pressing one phone to their ear with their shoulder while chatting with another one with their fingers and chewing gum at the same time, they walked in and out of the waiting room more than 20 times before their call. Headphones to the ears while hunming the tune of 'listen' by Beyonce.
THE TOASTERS: It seemed to me like these ones had made up their mind from home that even if they dont get the job, they will take a lady home. Any lady they saw was a potential loot.
THE INQUSITIVE: Almost like the clueless but a litlle bit open. They ask u practically everything that has to do with the interview, and would sometimes go as far as comparing you CV with theirs to be sure they did not make any mistake. They seemed to be the most annoying set to me.

Feel free to add if you had a similar experience and the type of people you came accross.
Re: My Experience At A Job Interview by GbovoLee(m): 6:44pm On Dec 01, 2015
FTC
Re: My Experience At A Job Interview by Nobody: 4:58am On Dec 02, 2015
STC

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Twin Snake Killed By My Neighbour Today / Air Cooling Without Electricity / Woman Gives Birthday To Quadruplets At Redemption Camp (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.