Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Ignite Business Idea Concept Is Not Worth It - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ignite Business Idea Concept Is Not Worth It (527 Views)

YOUTH IGNITE: Who Else Got This Message Lets Relate Here / Boi Collaborates With First Bank And AGDC On N500 Million Youth Ignite Program / Malta Guinness Stuns Lagos With Amazing New Concept (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ignite Business Idea Concept Is Not Worth It by dannB(m): 8:29pm On Dec 01, 2015
Ignite business idea competition is not worth it at all. I don't know why first bank and the organizers are very stingy. Can you believe that the prize money for winners is 100,000 naira to start a business in Lagos? What kind of business can 100,000 naira start? It is even a loan and not a grant. What got me annoyed further is that I was mailed that I was shortlisted among winners to come for training in Ikoyi. They said there will be no refreshment and writing materials for us. Can you imagine? They think transport fare to go for the training to Ikoyi is cheap in lagos? How much is writing materials and refreshment that first bank and the organizers can not provide for the winners at the training? Infact they are a joke. They had better learn from youwin, tony elumelu foundation for start up, and others about how to conduct business plan competition. You treat contestant with full respect. Rubbish competition. I am ignoring there training invite. Not worth it.

1 Like

Re: Ignite Business Idea Concept Is Not Worth It by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 8:37pm On Dec 01, 2015
Not surprised, we dont value innovation and risk in this part of the world. Where Venture capitals in america and co are writing checks in millions of dollars , we are here doling out 100k ($480) ; Heck, this can't the even pay 1 month rent in downtown new York.

(1) (Reply)

N / See Photos – Nigerian Man Who Inserted Cocaine In An’us From Brazil, Arrested I / Mlm Or Professional Begging?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.