Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? (13109 Views)

Which Is Better Btw The Infinix 18:9 Phone And Tecno 18:9 Phone / Which Is Better:gionee M5 Mini Or Tecno Camon C8 / Tecno L5 official discussions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by enoch273: 2:45pm On Dec 11, 2015
Donpre:

1GB sucks on lollipop but he his right when he said 1GB ram can play every game smoothly, provided your CPU and GPU are up to the task.... Switching between games tho #thats impossible

I am more interested in the switching between apps o, any Android that can't do that without restarting is a Java phone to me
Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by Frontier2: 4:32pm On Dec 11, 2015
augster:
Op buy m3mini and thank me later...64bit quad core processer and mali t720...shey na battery we wan chop?
Amazeing coman see oo
on multitasking, the L5 will handle tasks more smoothly than the M3 mini. The 64bit processor and mali t720 needs atleat 2gb RAM to run smoothly. Any phone with this chip paired with one 1gb RAM is a disaster in terms of multitasking
Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by mosjames: 4:49pm On Dec 11, 2015
Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by 4peace(m): 4:50pm On Dec 11, 2015
Frontier2:
on multitasking, the L5 will handle tasks more smoothly than the M3 mini. The 64bit processor and mali t720 needs atleat 2gb RAM to run smoothly. Any phone with this chip paired with one 1gb RAM is a disaster in terms of multitasking

Hope this is not what you guys had been talking about

goes for 17k grin grin grin

Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by augster(m): 7:37pm On Dec 11, 2015
Hahahahahaha! Where‘s the remaining 0.5 inches? 0.3mp front camera. Lmao

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by Orator2383: 7:40pm On Dec 11, 2015
The only advantage the gionee m3 mini has over the Tecno l5 is 4G lite which may not even be necessary.
M3 mini clock speed is 1.0 while l5 is 1.3. M3 mini uses TFT screen display while l5 is IPS. M3 mini has 64 bit mt6753 quad core processor with mali t720 and 1gb ram which is good but from info online it needs at least 1.5gb ram to perform to its full potential. The Tecno l5 will still handle tasks better because it uses the same chipset as infinix hot 2

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by gentlegenius(m): 8:08pm On Dec 11, 2015
Orator2383:
The only advantage the gionee m3 mini has over the Tecno l5 is 4G lite which may not even be necessary.
M3 mini clock speed is 1.0 while l5 is 1.3. M3 mini uses TFT screen display while l5 is IPS. M3 mini has 64 bit mt6753 quad core processor with mali t720 and 1gb ram which is good but from info online it needs at least 1.5gb ram to perform to its full potential. The Tecno l5 will still handle tasks better because it uses the same chipset as infinix hot 2
Even the 4G lite in m3 mini is not an advantage here in Nigeria.
How many network operators offers 4G lite and how many places in Nigeria can you get 4G network?
I think TECNO L5 has 2 major advantages over m3 mini which includes the battery capacity and the processor speed (1.3 ghz) which helps in handling multi tasking better than m3 mini with 1ghz speed.
Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by aliyu7799(m): 10:56pm On Dec 11, 2015
Bross Go 4 Gionee M3 It's More Better.
Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by Donpre(m): 4:43am On Dec 12, 2015
enoch273:

I am more interested in the switching between apps o, any Android that can't do that without restarting is a Java phone to me
Dude even 512mb RAM phones can switch between apps without closing, but you can't switch between games cus they eat up a lotta RAM space as such do close down a lot

You can get a 2GB RAM device tho...... Na your money dey talk
Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by Donpre(m): 5:05am On Dec 12, 2015
gentlegenius:

How many network operators offers 4G lite and how many places in Nigeria can you get 4G network?
I think TECNO L5 has 2 major advantages over m3 mini which includes the battery capacity and the processor speed (1.3 ghz) which helps in handling multi tasking better than m3 mini with 1ghz speed.
Orator2383:
Firstly M3 mini is IPS

Secondly did you guys just compared a MT67xx chip to the outdated MT65xx chip?.... And you're speculating that the MT65xx chip would perform better because of a 0.3ghz difference in clock speed?

#AhGivUp.... This is totally pointless and time wasting
Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by Donpre(m): 5:23am On Dec 12, 2015
@OP this is probably my last post here

After taking a peek at the back cover of the L5's pack i can only say that comparing gionee M3 mini to the L5 is an insult to every gionee phone out there.

Maybe the M2 mini will be more of a challenge to the L5, only 0.5" screen and 2000mah battery difference... The rest specs makes them seem like twinsgrin

Good luck with which ever phone you eventually get, hope you're happy with it

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by dukeo(m): 5:46am On Dec 12, 2015
Donpre:

Firstly M3 mini is IPS

Secondly did you guys just compared a MT67xx chip to the outdated MT65xx chip?.... And you're speculating that the MT65xx chip would perform better because of a 0.3ghz difference in clock speed?

#AhGivUp.... This is totally pointless and time wasting

That's the best option so o . Give up and let ignorance lead the way
Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by augster(m): 8:21am On Dec 12, 2015
Orator2383:
dream on...and by the way what do you mean by multitasking? Switching games or switching apps? Even the so called l5 cannot switch from fifa 16 to nova 3 without one closing. And m3mini is ips!
Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by augster(m): 8:25am On Dec 12, 2015
gentlegenius:

gentle genius indeed. Here‘s where you‘re wrong:
The 1ghz is 64bit while the 1.3ghz is 32bit. And processor speed doesnt help multitask, ram does!
Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by amAZEing: 9:00am On Dec 12, 2015
augster:
Op buy m3mini and thank me later...64bit quad core processer and mali t720...shey na battery we wan chop?
Amazeing coman see oo

Leave them. l don tell them na for ba3 dem wan compete with M3mini, Impossible.

Join The Globally Acceptable Brand - Gionee

#TeamGioneeM3mini

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by amAZEing: 9:12am On Dec 12, 2015
More…
Old Screen Shotz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by augster(m): 9:42am On Dec 12, 2015
amAZEing:

Leave them. l don tell them na for ba3 dem wan compete with M3mini, Impossible.

Join The Globally Acceptable Brand - Gionee

#TeamGioneeM3mini

as i don call you now na ss you go take re-arrange them heads
Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by gentlegenius(m): 10:17am On Dec 12, 2015
augster:
gentle genius indeed. Here‘s where you‘re wrong:
The 1ghz is 64bit while the 1.3ghz is 32bit. And processor speed doesnt help multitask, ram does!
Anyway, you are right. The ram is the major thing that helps in multitasking. But who told you that L5 has 32 bits? TECNO hasn't yet released the full specs of L5 and even those who claims that the phone is in Nigeria hasn't yet posted its full specs. So let's not argue much about the L5 until we hear from the users. The multitasking difficulties in m3 mini was first raised by the users. So Stop defending the m3 mini on grounds of having 64 bits.
Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by augster(m): 10:33am On Dec 12, 2015
gentlegenius:

Anyway, you are right. The ram is the major thing that helps in multitasking. But who told you that L5 has 32 bits? TECNO hasn't yet released the full specs of L5 and even those who claims that the phone is in Nigeria hasn't yet posted its full specs. So let's not argue much about the L5 until we hear from the users. The multitasking difficulties in m3 mini was first raised by the users. So Stop defending the m3 mini on grounds of having 64 bits.
the phone is out sir! And two or three people here on nl are using it
Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by callmelanner(m): 12:20pm On Dec 12, 2015
How much is the m3 mini?
Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by Donpre(m): 1:05pm On Dec 12, 2015
gentlegenius:

I wanted to leave but damn this thread is fun

firstly scroll to the top of this page, you're gonna see the specs there.... and there is no way Tecno would put the same 1.3ghz quad core 64bit CPU they used in C5 in the L5(considering the price).... so I'm guessing the L5 comes with either the MT6580 or MT6582 which are both 2013 32bit CPUs(if not olderundecided)

secondly, I've read all pages of the m3 mini thread and haven't heard sh!!t about any multitasking problem from anybody.... unless you're confusing the m3mini for Tecno C5 or C8undecided
BTW, I own one.... I'm not complaining, my apps work fine

Thirdly, The RAM doesn't help in multitasking, it is the only part of the phone concerned with that.... CPUs only handle tasks from the apps and Android system, the ROM (depending on how optimized it is) may assist fluid multitasking but definitely not the type of CPU
.... Lagging on the other hand is a CPU/RAM thingy but multitasking isn't

I'd be disappointed if the battery of the L5 can't last 10% per hour on constant 3.75G downloading like my gionee m3 mini does.... that's like 1% every 6 minutes #impressiveshocked.... The L5 has a monster battery ryt? can't wait for reviews of unbiased users
Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by Donpre(m): 1:05pm On Dec 12, 2015
callmelanner:
How much is the m3 mini?
16.5k-17k
Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by 4peace(m): 4:18pm On Dec 12, 2015
Orator2383:

grin grin grin grin see defence lol grin grin grin grin

no sense at all cry cry
Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by Nuellah: 6:45pm On Dec 12, 2015
I hv a brand new sealed gionee m3 mini for sale-15k only. Call-08188858255. Lagos only.
Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by Orator2383: 9:37pm On Dec 12, 2015
4peace:

grin grin grin grin see defence lol grin grin grin grin

no sense at all cry cry
lots of sense there. The fact that m3 mini uses 64bit architecture doesnt mean is going to multitask better than the chipset in L5. the chipset are used in high end devices no doubt but always paired with at least 2gb ram. I still maintain my stance that multitasking will be terrible in the Gionee M3 mini because the chipset is Ram consuming
Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by daphid25(m): 3:10am On Dec 15, 2015
Nuellah:
I hv a brand new sealed gionee m3 mini for sale-15k only. Call-08188858255. Lagos only.
Would have made an attempt to buy if it was L5
Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by JanethEze(f): 8:43am On Dec 18, 2015
I have heard some really nice things about the L5.
Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by BenKafor(m): 8:58am On Dec 18, 2015
I think I will go with Tecno on this one.
Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by ChidinmaRose(f): 9:28am On Dec 18, 2015
Yeah that's true. There no mobile 4GE networks in Nigeria yet

gentlegenius:

Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by Ana5000(f): 10:09pm On Dec 24, 2015
I do prefer Tecno because I trust them more.
Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by Mimisboygreat: 8:09am On Dec 25, 2015
baba na m3mini sure pass. forget dat L5 #teamGioneem3mini
Re: Which Is Better Btw:gionee M3 Mini Or Tecno L5? by Yommieland: 5:55am On Dec 26, 2015
Team Gionee!! Solid battery power, upgrade ability. It's a really nice phone tbh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Best 4GB RAM Phones & Their Price In Nigeria [Updated] / 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone / 2go Mobile Chat For Iphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.